• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That's not a very high bar. In fact, if you're not careful, you could trip over it.

1346779156_extremely_low_limbo.gif

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
It's 1.9Mbps now!

I have my moments. ;)

I've never finished a Final Fantasy game, unless you count Mystic Quest. I'd planned on finally finishing VII upon buying the Steam version, but, well, yeah.
4.7 Mbps with half bar signal thing.

And shame on you for the latter bit.

BorntoPlay

They seem extremely optional for that game, they basically just give you a slight amount of extra customization for bots in bot matches. So if they don't interest you, don't buy them.

There are a couple I might pick up, but they are ones that I expect will probably be useful in other games, and I think look pretty cool just as figures. They also don't come out until the end of February, so who knows if I'll still be interested by then.

Yes I know, those figures really look great.. but as you said, its use is very limited and is not necessary to enjoy the game.. maybe someday I buy the link amiibo, but I dont like the yellow support ...:/

Kind of an odd request, but I'm looking for something moody, and just straight up depressing and oppressive to play (in terms of story and atmosphere, not that it's a depressingly terrible game, or depression quest, or too the moon ). Just kinda lonely and desolate, I suppose.

steamcommunity.com/id/Aubin/games/?tab=all

There's a list of my games, if I already have something that I haven't touched, that's great, but I'm also open to buying something, or putting it on my wishlist for the upcoming Winter Sales. Thanks c:

DocSeuss

c8Btt3O.png

oops

Kind of an odd request, but I'm looking for something moody, and just straight up depressing and oppressive to play (in terms of story and atmosphere, not that it's a depressingly terrible game, or depression quest, or too the moon ). Just kinda lonely and desolate, I suppose.

There's a list of my games, if I already have something that I haven't touched, that's great, but I'm also open to buying something, or putting it on my wishlist for the upcoming Winter Sales. Thanks c:

You want STALKER. If you don't have and can't afford, Lost Alpha is free iirc.

zkylon

zkylewd
i was trying to add a new recommendation to my curator page and i couldn't figure out how

i had forgotten how stupidly obtuse the method is

so you go to your profile, then to your curator group, then you go to your curator thingie and click on make new recommendation

gee steam, why isn't there a fucking big ass button that says "curate some shit!" on your profile or something

damn-o.gif

That's a lot of screenshots, that only includes the ones that are uploaded right?
not sure

i basically take a ton of screenshots and usually upload them all with some caption on them

i'm trigger happy i guess

Ozium

Sunless Sea

it just got a recent update too and they added real time combat a while back

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

oh look ... ImminentUprising (you know - The Slaughtering Grounds dev :p) made another game ... and guess who made a video about it :D

Sunless Sea

it just got a recent update too and they added real time combat a while back

I was planning on going back into it soon too. I don't know why, but I've been really craving a Shadow of the Colossus like experience..? If I really had to hone in on what I'm looking for.

oh look ... ImminentUprising (you know - The Slaughtering Grounds dev :p) made another game ... and guess who made a video about it :D

Squirty Play, huh?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
reported, expect a ban any second now. we dont take lightly to your animated smutness around here

Speevy

Banned
Taste the rainbow. Choke on it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Memoria -- MB-8F8BB1840C1A26D5 - Taken by The Reloader. 9 entrants total.
The Last Tinker: City of Colors -- MB-8CE259A08E9768D0 - Taken by NingenJanai. 13 entrants total.

t1417773317z1.png

Ozium

I own this..

time to play it

jasec, punished snake and others own it as well... I think you've found the next gaf game night game

Miguel81

Keep an eye out for Resident Evil Remake. Other than that, there are Alien Isolation and The Evil Within for the AAA squad. Wait for Dark Souls Steamworks as well.

Edit: Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are great on the loneliness and sense of isolation angle. Unfortunately, not on Steam.

Catshade

Lifeless Planet

Anustart

Kept my word and played some Arkham Asylum. So far, not bad! Though I dunno why but using a batarang in a combo kills the combo :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anyone know if Shantae: Risky's Revenge is going on sale any time soon?

It'll be 33% off for the duration of the Winter Sale, which kicks off in just under two weeks. Whether or not it'll appear as a featured deal, nobody here can say.

Top Bottom