• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Ozium

What if instead of all of the events of the first movie happening, as soon as Kyle Reese arrives in the past a completely different sequence of events happens, because time travel. That's the premise.

.... this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.. hollywood pls

but in the trailer old arnie was there shooting young arnie (terminator from the first tilm)

my mind is full of fuck

I could name one, but I fear the repercussions.

SAOIRSE RONAN

tmarg

What if instead of all of the events of the first movie happening, as soon as Kyle Reese arrives in the past a completely different sequence of events happens, because time travel. That's the premise.

This is just one of many reasons why I hate pretty much every piece of pop culture with a time travel centered story line.

Time travel is a horrible plot mechanic.

Miguel81

I don't think I could ever love another Terminator like I do the first. That dark, gritty 80s atmosphere is intoxicating. I'm officially old.

Ozium

This is just one of many reasons why I hate pretty much every piece of pop culture with a time travel centered story line.

Time travel is a horrible plot mechanic.

not if done correctly or competently

back to the future
time bandits
somewhere in time

all good movies

She's great, just not a badass type.

I have?

JaseC probably has a gif of her looking all bad ass or something

yeah a while ago.. months ago even, unless I'm thinking of someone else... there were definitely pics of her posted though without her hair dyed for GoT

I don't think I could ever love another Terminator like I do the first. That dark, gritty 80s atmosphere is intoxicating. I'm officially old.

pretty hard to top a movie featuring Michael Biehn

Sini

I'm on mobule and I accidentally sent this modbot pm back at it.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SinineSiil, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Carmageddon TDR 2000 -- MB-8F3C6DD2F118F27C - Taken by SinineSiil. 4 entrants total.

t1417768638z1.png

SparkTR

Is there a way to use 360 (or XBO) controllers with Direct Input games (games pre-2005)? The trigger won't work with them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
SAOIRSE RONAN

She's the worst, and I should know; I've seen all her films.

Is there a way to use 360 (or XBO) controllers with Direct Input games (games pre-2005)? The trigger won't work with them.

The triggers work with DirectInput; it's just that they share the same value, which is by design. The only way around this, as far as I'm aware, is to use something like Joy2Key to map the keyboard equivalents to the controller layout of your preference.

Ozium

in an alternate reality Saoirse Ronan collects steam games and posts on a vidya game message board w/ a JaseC avatar.

edit:
Carmageddon TDR 2000 -- MB-8F3C6DD2F118F27C - Taken by SinineSiil. 4 entrants total.

lol

zkylon

zkylewd
The Void looks pretty great. Thank you : o
give it a shot, it's an awesome game

also it's pretty hard in a not so enjoyable way to the point fans made an "easy" mod. you might want to try that out or have it in mind at least. i played with and without and i think the easy mod (on easy, not very easy setting) is pretty fair and retains the unforgiving atmosphere and gameplay, just a little less unforgiving

Good Afternoon everyone!
Did I miss anything interesting going on in this thread?

well i would scroll back a bit and enjoy the ozium x shadownet love affair

dex3108

Hey SteamGAF what is your opinion on GTA V PC releasing almost year and a half after initial launch and after next-gen remaster? I am still not sure will I buy it day one. I don't want to give big money to R* and support their behavior.

Lain

Woke up and saw Dead or Alive for preorder.... naturally I preordered it. Hopefully the incentives will be good, once unlocked (I didn't read anything).

tmarg

Woke up and saw Dead or Alive for preorder.... naturally I preordered it. Hopefully the incentives will be good, once unlocked (I didn't read anything).

I believe someone posted a bunch of half nekkid skins that are the preorder bonuses.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Memoria -- MB-8F8BB1840C1A26D5 - Taken by The Reloader. 9 entrants total.
The Last Tinker: City of Colors -- MB-8CE259A08E9768D0 - Taken by NingenJanai. 13 entrants total.

t1417773317z1.png

Dany is not blonde. They even call her the silver queen.

Yeah, she's also like 13 or something.

I'm starting to get frustrated with Rogue Legacy, I love the game, it's still fun, but it seems I'm making no progress, I'm level 32 and I haven't even beaten the first boss >.<

Deques

People are actually exited for DoA?

I thought people only liked that ironically, before that was a thing.

Why wouldn't people like Waifu Fighting Simulator?

I'm starting to get frustrated with Rogue Legacy, I love the game, it's still fun, but it seems I'm making no progress, I'm level 32 and I haven't even beaten the first boss >.<

The game is difficult as hell. Leveling up each skill cost me a lot of gold and I can't get enough gold before I die

Sini

Lol, how is this possible? :)
I quoted the pm to copy it and accidentally touched send button.
F-nGSItta6tEh8_fjUl2reTCIM7P4Gkh05Xm2RtTGSU

I think I also broke modbot because it doesn't nuke my gift url and I can't be bothered to do everything all over again on mobile.
So first to quote will get Carmageddon 2000.

Deques

I quoted the pm to copy it and accidentally touched send button. [imghttps://photos-5.dropbox.com/t/1/AACuyYm9YJsR_2Zhkhr9zOBAXYlomKK7pYJcW7GzEi0_cg/12/26177594/png/1024x768/3/1417777200/0/2/2014-12-05%2008.57.30.png/F-nGSItta6tEh8_fjUl2reTCIM7P4Gkh05Xm2RtTGSU[/img]
I think I also broke modbot because it doesn't nuke my gift url and I can't be bothered to do everything all over again on mobile.
So first to quote will get Carmageddon 2000.

Me? :)

Nuking keys wont let you know if it gets nuked

Miguel81

Other M falters most on narrative, and lack of iconic tunes. The gameplay(without FP aiming) could be perfected in a follow-up.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is rather shamed in comparison to Black.

So both you guys are still cool.

zkylon

zkylewd
should i ask my friend in japan to bring me a wiimote?

wiimotes are really expensive here and i wanna play metroid trilogy on emulator

do you guys think that'll work?

this just ocurred me since you were talking about metroid

Miguel81

should i ask my friend in japan to bring me a wiimote?

wiimotes are really expensive here and i wanna play metroid trilogy on emulator

do you guys think that'll work?

this just ocurred me since you were talking about metroid

Yup. Definitely do that as Dolphin/Wii support works best with the Wiimote. You'll also need the sensor bar(if you don't already have one).

MQX

Neptunia Rebirth 2 (kinda) confirmed for Steam. (through an ESRB rating)
I saw the images a couple days ago.
Even asked if the release date of Re;Birth 1 Steam version was ever announced :/.
Nothing else important?(price errors etc. Because SteamGAF has now already 100 pages :/)

So is DEAD OR ALIVE® 5 even a good fighting game? I like me some fighting games even if I'm not good. Also lol perfect time to read the thread.
For me it's a good fighting game :p.
Played the 360 version ;P

I don't mind having DOA5 on Steam. I hope other fighting games
(Tekken, SCV and Garou o.o)
will also come to Steam.

The redesigned version of Higurashi When They Cry (ch. 1) has a store page.

Still looks hideous.
It's happening? :O

Wait. Why only chapter 1? Are they going to sell every chapters seperate? I want the complete (full) game :(.

:(
Was hoping for a 50% discount :(

People are actually exited for DoA?

I thought people only liked that ironically, before that was a thing.
I'm actually excited.
But I'm not excited about the DLC's(costumes) :/. TK is always known as "selling a lot of DLC crep". Also, I hope I can play this game on my notebook :/

Did you pre-order the game in the store?
Or have you bought a Russian key? o.o

Uzzy

Well, I'm excited for DOA5 on PC. More fighting games on PC the better, it'll help build up the PC as a platform where fighting games can do well.

Also, Primer is the best time travel film. I watched Steins;Gate recently too, and that had a very good time travel plot.

Dr Dogg

Over the last 2 weeks for some bizarre reason my junk listings of backgrounds and emotes have slowly but surely been selling on the market. I had about 130 odd listings around mid November and I'm now at 96. No idea why now as they have all been 3p. So unless some peeps are buying them for christmas pressies or the hope of doing something with them in the next sale I have no idea. Sorry in advance is someone gets you a crappy background or emote for Christmas.

Hey SteamGAF what is your opinion on GTA V PC releasing almost year and a half after initial launch and after next-gen remaster? I am still not sure will I buy it day one. I don't want to give big money to R* and support their behavior.

Eh for me it's hardly anything to get self righteous or mad about (not saying you are but a quick trip to various message boards some folks certainly are). I mean I've got countless other games to play, the majority of my playtime this year has been late ports and asides from the first 2 GTA has set a precedent of being 5-9 months behind on PC as it is. Couple that with delays to the initial launch date, problems with the Online component, stuff still missing from it as well, current gen versions getting announced meaning shipping 5 SKU's in a short time period (and possibly one of the reasons for the earlier delay of last gen). It might seem like they're stretching the releases out to get folks to double or triple dip and yeah with only announcing and releasing one batch and then neither confirm or deny current gen or PC versions are being worked on might add credence to that but it's been painfully obvious that a PC version was on the cards and in the works. Plus if the extra time in the oven means Rockstar can finally release a GTA game on PC that isn't littered with bugs and performance issues for current hardware then it's definitely been worth the wait.

Top Bottom