• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Why would they reveal PC version of their (ex-)exclusives in their own event?

I mean, most of their fans will be watching it, right. There'll be lots of disappointments and that'll be the last thing they want to do.

They won't say it, but you can take some educated guesses from how they word things - although that has changed since E3 this year, where sony referred to everything simply as exclusive, yet later it turned out once again that the majority is timed. Also even the ones that are full on exclusive from third parties get a turn around sometimes. Hard to work out as easily these days, but the press releases later make things a bit more clear

Tizoc

PSX has essentially been a massive PC showcase since the PS4 released. Just have to be aware of the language used.

p88K0Cn.jpg

Jawmuncher

Is there anything special you have to do for the hotline Miami 2 ending like there was for 1? Or is it just beat the game this time?

Tizoc

You know I'm still waiting for Bloodborne to hit Steam.
Bloodborne 2 should be PS4+Steam just so it'll be forgotten just like Dark Souls 3 is :V

In short, it's a dungeon-crawling action-RPG of sorts :) It features pretty simple, but very slick combat system, a pretty good story, exploration and some puzzles. Personally, i think i liked the level design in this game the most out of all it's aspects.

For a more detailed answer, i suggest you check out it's OT here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1306499

Cool! Thanks for the answer and the link. I'll check it out.

Kudo

I already have it on PS4, just not arsed to play it even via Remote play any time soon :V

Hard to imagine how you go your days with access to best game of all-time(no hyperbole) and don't even play it.
Then again, that requires lot of willpower so it's good training, no other feat in life will require even half of that.

Hard to imagine how you go your days with access to best game of all-time(no hyperbole) and don't even play it.
Then again, that requires lot of willpower so it's good training, no other feat in life will require even half of that.

Ehhh, some hyperbole. I really loved the game all the way, but I wouldn't go that far.

My only hope for TLOU2 is that, at some point, we get to hear, "You know Ellie, we really are the last of us, too."

Nillansan

Is there anything special you have to do for the hotline Miami 2 ending like there was for 1? Or is it just beat the game this time?

I believe there's an alternative ending specific to Hard Mode. There are also some alternative endings for some of the missions.

Kudo

Ehhh, some hyperbole. I really loved the game all the way, but I wouldn't go that far.

My only hope for TLOU2 is that, at some point, we get to hear, "You know Ellie, we really are the last of us, too."

Maybe a little, depending on the person. To me it's the only game I can safely say it really is. Trying to think some classics and such how would they compare to Bloodborne it's just overwhelming, can't think of anything else that would offer such an complete experience that only leaves you craving for more. I can only hope that P5 will offer some kind of solace and save me from this never-ending nightmare made by Bloodborne.

Play the Souls games. They are so good they'll make you not want to play all the other games.

Backlog problem solved.

Definitely planning on it, I've played Demon Souls and Bloodborne. But I actually WANT to play these games, some of them are GOTY/Game of Generation tier.

Good grief, Idle Master is a game changer.

You guys who use this: it doesn't bother you that it messes with your play time/games played in Steam?

Maybe a little, depending on the person. To me it's the only game I can safely say it really is. Trying to think some classics and such how would they compare to Bloodborne it's just overwhelming, can't think of anything else that would offer such an complete experience that only leaves you craving for more. I can only hope that P5 will offer some kind of solace and save me from this never-ending nightmare made by Bloodborne.

Fair enough. You're definitely not wrong in how complete it was. Personally, I felt like Demon's is still the best in the series. Where BB had this wild Lovecraftian mysticism, Demon's just had this penetrating sorrow. Seeing a body riddle with arrows wasn't just fear-inducing, you felt sorry for the person for some reason, for the story not told.

But having BB as a favorite game is super valid. I can easily see that being the case for some people.

Good grief, Idle Master is a game changer.

Dude, yes. I've purchased actual peripherals (Steam Link and most of the cost for a Steam controller) because of Idle Master. That is fucking crazy to me.

Eila

You guys who use this: it doesn't bother you that it messes with your play time/games played in Steam?

Not as much as not getting free spending money. It's still bugged ATM so you can get the cards without having to leave it on for weeks. Just toggle through games fast and you'll keep getting cards. Repeat until you're done.

Wok

truckers rejoice! 2 days until release

That trailer is so awesome that I want to buy & play that DLC.

Edit: I cannot believe they dared include South of France though. Of course, they want to have famous landmarks but well, it is a bit too early. I would say it is bad taste, although not on purpose of course.

VJuF4wB.png

Vamphuntr

This is what I use for Firefox. For some reasons, what was most effective against pop-ups for me is Pop-up Controller.

Thanks for this. I've been noticing adblock not working very well for a while now. Ublock seems pretty great so far.

Knurek

Edit: I cannot believe they dared include South of France though. Of course, they want to have famous landmarks but well, it is a bit too early. I would say it is bad taste, although not on purpose of course.

VJuF4wB.png

Don't let those ISIS fuckwads change the way we game. or let any lasting imprint on the world.
If you want to haul cargo through Nice, you should be bloody damn allowed to.

Nah, dude.

It's amazing but how has Valve not done something about it?

They know all about it. It's not really intrusive in anyway and doesn't exploit the games. Plus, that money all comes back to them (and the devs of the respective games) in the end.

Jshackles made it, along with enhanced steam. He used to be a SteamGAFfer like us plebs but now he's a mod and spits at us when he walks by. We cry a lot, but the emotions pass after a while.

Kudo

Fair enough. You're definitely not wrong in how complete it was. Personally, I felt like Demon's is still the best in the series. Where BB had this wild Lovecraftian mysticism, Demon's just had this penetrating sorrow. Seeing a body riddle with arrows wasn't just fear-inducing, you felt sorry for the person for some reason, for the story not told.

But having BB as a favorite game is super valid. I can easily see that being the case for some people.

Dude, yes. I've purchased actual peripherals (Steam Link and most of the cost for a Steam controller) because of Idle Master. That is fucking crazy to me.

Demon's is not far away, it's my 2nd favourite in the series, the atmosphere and level design it has is just superb, most seem to prefer the more open Dark Souls games though. I guess this is going little off-topic for Steam thread though, but thanks for the talk.

I totally should Idle Master cards, I've got huge amount of games I haven't even installed with cards on them, whats the minimum amount cards sell for?

kris.

Banned
They know all about it. It's not really intrusive in anyway and doesn't exploit the games. Plus, that money all comes back to them (and the devs of the respective games) in the end.

Jshackles made it, along with enhanced steam. He used to be a SteamGAFfer like us plebs but now he's a mod and spits at us when he walks by. We cry a lot, but the emotions pass after a while.

Once a peasant, always a peasant. Still getting rich on this card game tho.

Tizoc

Ono is mad enough to wear that even with nothing to announce. But ah well, I just hope they make a good game this time.

As I snap back to reality I once again want to emphasis my prior post: If there is an MvC4 or even a new Marvel fighter by Capcom, and it will exclude the X-Men then
Fuck-a-Marvel
Fuck-a-Marvel
Fuck-a-Marvel
Fuck-a-Marvel

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Speaking of awards, is jshackles considering upping the voting number from 5?
I mean, 4000 new games released this year, way more than last one.

I think 5 is a good balance - the addition of so many more games on Steam this year just means you'll have to be that much more discerning when deciding what games to choose for your list. A lot of the regulars here won't have even played 5 games that released this year. I went back and counted my own, and while I've played quite a few games that came out in 2016, I've only finished 10 of them that came out on Steam this year.

Last year we had a not insignificant number of people only put 2-3 games forward, because that's all they had played. I feel like 5 is a good number.

Hey now, I still love you guys - and I still feel like a pleb most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom