• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

barber

So. after years of lurking my account was finally accepted so i guess i should do an introduction:
steam name: eonden (cat in a glass avatar)
fav. genre: 4x, strategy and classic shooters (doom style)
Thanks for all the price errors and bundles you have shown me!!

Wok

I don't understand any of these tweets. They are taken out of context and use abbreviations for stuff that I have no clue about.

This looks like a decent answer, actually more decent than the original comments he wrote to that Kotaku article.

Anyway, the game is too expensive right now.

Welcome, fellow cat.

So. after years of lurking my account was finally accepted so i guess i should do an introduction:

Welcome :D

Anteater

welcome to steamgaf

Tizoc

What in the world said:
69B22D4AAD0C7FA70949C7C56D2D9437A2C8465B

Brutal Legend can have some awesome scenery at times

Xanathus

I love that they chose the Mercenaries branch of the Mechwarrior series, it had the most interesting campaign with outfitting your own team.

Kyougar

I looked at some MW4 merc LP a year or so ago for nostalgia reasons, man those nostalgia glasses were tinted pink :D
remembered my first mecha game that I played

Earthsiege

Earthsiege_box_art.jpg

Wok

Then it would be shame for those others to put a game in their wishlist? I demand their names now XD

I usually don't give the names of my moles.

DHpWqBr.png

The blurred one is didamangi on GAF.

He probable gave it his Seal of Disapproval

It must have been a bug since he appears again. Definitely seal of approval... but wait for a deep deep sale.

Is LC Go that good? I might buy it on android since it's ridiculously cheap (1$).

@William Bonney I went for Hitman Go. If I like it, I might buy TR Go too.

The gameplay trailer fo MvC:I was okay, obviously it's still early to judge if the game will be bad or good but I kind of like being 2v2.

Welcome to SteamGAF, don't get banned.

yuraya

The stealth sections..

The plot twists...

The car chase sequences...

Resident Evil 6 sure is turning into Metal Gear Solid.

I like it :)

welcome to
anime
gaf

Tizoc

The world is the soul of the game, and the best part of it.

Too bad the game kind of falls apart near the last act (and I'm not complaining about it being a strategy game).

I do feel like the game has some good stuff and I didn't mind the strategy elements. The final act being its weakest is disappointing but I have enjoyed other games that had a weak final act as well and still enjoyed the game overall.

Random stuff.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys and 4 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Minion Masters #1 -- MB-0655E468CD85553D - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
Minion Masters #2 -- MB-F7F935EA933A2D7E - Taken by Benedict. 3 entrants total.
EfagyaM.png
Gears of War (Xbox) -- MB-DDD2154855E4DECD
EfagyaM.png
Gears of War 2 (Xbox) -- MB-568B0A3A11996BC4 - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
EfagyaM.png
Gears of War 3 (Xbox) -- MB-72CF93932EC15886 - Taken by Atraveller. 2 entrants total.
Shadow Complex (Epic) -- MB-FBFE9C13F5CE2CCB - Taken by hooijdonk17. 2 entrants total.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Square) -- MB-7F91327D741C02AA - Taken by SunDimension24. 4 entrants total.
EfagyaM.png
Gears of War: Judgement (Xbox) -- MB-15987B505B805C71 - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.

t1480865064z1.png

Valxal

I'm in the same boat (nowhere near as long though)
I've been lurking for almost 4 months now and finally got my account activated.
Mostly lurked in this thread and I feel like I know some of you already which is weird.
Current favorite games are Titanfall 2, Dragon's Dogma and God Eater Resurrection.
As Barber said thanks for all the awesome bundles you guys have posted!

PaulSane

Time to share some more IFI goodness :p
I also forgot to include an AUTOREPOST thingie, so i guess i'll have to do it manually.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PaulSane, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Trillion: God of Destruction -- MB-66F69E0CC2361612 - Taken by Rhaknar. 51 entrants total.

t1480951899z1.png

Wok

I remember now why I am so wary about all these GO games: they are made for devices which allow swiping.

As people put it in the Steam forums (here and there), nobody likes to swipe with a mouse. Unless it is made clear that the advertised gamepad support is not just for the menu, it is a no.

Lain

Started playing Elder Scrolls Online and... it's not doing much for me.
I thought I had created a nice enough character, but then I started playing and noticed I don't really like her (lightning makes her face look different from how she looked in the creator). I wanted to make an archer, but the creator only had 4 classes (?) and 3 of them were melee, 1 a caster. Well, I see I could wield a bow and level that skill but... even though I picked the rogue type class, I'm given a 2h sword to start out? The combat feels clunky (I'm not really a fan of hold button for stronger attack). I'll give it some more time, as I only reached maybe level 4 and I want to find a bow (I even made a wood elf).

Leaving the other dimension and being greeted by a shop pop up didn't leave a good impression on me though.

fantomena

Infinite Warfare zombies is very fun, much better than Blops 3 trash. Now Im downloading WaW and crossing my fingers that all the 1000 players curently playing are in the zombie mode.

Anteater

I'm in the same boat (nowhere near as long though)
I've been lurking for almost 4 months now and finally got my account activated.
Mostly lurked in this thread and I feel like I know some of you already which is weird.
Current favorite games are Titanfall 2, Dragon's Dogma and God Eater Resurrection.
As Barber said thanks for all the awesome bundles you guys have posted!

Welcome!

Many new members lately on gaf, they must've banned a bunch

Nillansan

cPoT4eu.png

I just wrapped up my third run of Dead Rising in order to unlock Overtime Mode and get the true ending (uncover all cases). I usually refrain from doing multiple playthroughs of games due to time constraints, besides the multiple ending and unlocks that carry over to subsequent runs, there's just something about Dead Rising that made me come back for more. I ended up spending way more time on this than I expected. I even ended up going for the absolutely dreadful Zombie Genocider Achievement, the unlock (Real Mega Buster) tied to the Achievement was worth it for my third run as it made it significantly easier to unlock the Saviour Achievement while going for true ending. The last boss was slightly disappointing, all other encounters with Psychopaths were enjoyable. It's a shame that they had to end the game with an encounter that I had cheese through. The Survivor AI lead to some frustration. A few blemishes aside, Dead Rising is an incredible achievement. I can't believe that we actually got both Dead Rising and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen the same damn year. Incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom