• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo

Nice.
It's kinda funny after a console conference to see them slowly walking back all the 'exclusive' talk one by one.

On that note, from Stump's list I could easily see Ace Combat, Yakuza, Let It Die and Nioh coming to PC eventually as well.

Nioh is labeled Only on Playstation everywhere though, not that it means anything but with Sony publishing I can't see it happening, not like they would make PC port for Japan. Yakuza doesn't have the label on Playstations website so that's interesting, not gonna look too deep into it though. Let It Die is pretty much certain to come later, no idea about Ace Combat, they're pushing PSVR with it but doesn't mean much either if it just comes later.

Figured some of you might know: the official Microsoft support page for the Xbox one controllers with Bluetooth says that only one at a time is supported, but you can connect more and they may work. That seems super vague to me, can I use two or more at once through Bluetooth or do I really need that wireless adapter thing?

Backlogger

:)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR -- MB-2FB3E65926DD7F68 - Taken by Purkake4

Sarcasm

Excellent

NsWLKr0.png

So this means it is separate then?

Anno

Steam page is up for Hollow Knight, which is a very beautiful Metroid-'em-up that will come out sometime early next year. The devs have been great through the Kickstarter so I hope the game winds up being equally good!

Getting my ass kicked in Dragon's Dogma by a mob at the entrance of the Witchwood (sp?) early in the game.
I don't think I'm fully grasping the game yet.
Not being able to play for days at a time probably isn't helping.

Details on the RE7 PC demo:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/418370/announcements/detail/702955818189888087

Resident Evil 7 PC Demo out on Dec. 19th, 2016

Thanks for your patience as we prepare the PC demo for Resident Evil 7 biohazard; it’s right around the corner! Just to let you know, the team has been working very hard behind the scenes spending extra care and love in optimizing the PC demo to ensure an awesome experience for our PC fans.

While we still have a couple more weeks to go before the PC demo release, we’d like to show you a glimpse of what you can expect under the graphics option menu.

d24b1846ec75261be1369604b7a247a0c4890d10.jpg

Graphics Options:

Screen Resolution…self-explanatory here, but the game will list arbitrary resolutions supported by your monitor and Windows desktop environment.
Refresh Rate…adjustable to frequencies supported by your monitor. Also supports 144Hz high refresh monitors including Nvidia G-Sync.
Display Mode…Full screen, Windowed, and Borderless Window modes are supported
Field of View…FOV angle can be adjusted here
Frame Rate…supports 30, 60, and Variable (uncapped)
V-Sync…ON/OFF
Rendering Method…Two options available - Normal and Interlaced
Resolution Scaling…controls the game’s internal rendering resolution. This is akin to upscaling and downsampling of the final video output. Selectable option ranges from 0.5X to 2.0X. 1.0X is 100% 1:1 native output. The higher the number, the better the image quality and more GPU ‘oomph’ required, while lowering it below 1.0 makes the image softer (but also reduces GPU overhead and increases frame rate).
Texture Quality…option ranges from Very Low to Very High. Higher quality requires additional local video memory.
Texture Filtering…option ranges from Very Low to Very High. Internally, this is essentially your Trilinear to Anisotropic filter that goes all the way up to 16X.
Mesh Quality…option ranges between Low to Very High. This option also affects Level-of-Detail (LOD) quality.
Anti-Aliasing…Selectable options include FXAA, TAA, FXAA+TAA, and SMAA.
Motion Blur…ON/OFF toggle
Effects Rendering…Selectable between Low, Medium and High. This controls the intensity and density of certain visual effects.
Depth of Field…ON/OFF toggle
Shadow Quality…option ranges from Very Low to Very High.
Dynamic Shadows…ON/OFF toggle
Shadow Cache…ON/OFF toggle. When set to ON, shadows for static objects will be cached in video memory.
Ambient Occlusion…Selectable options include OFF, SSAO (Variable), SSAO, HDAO, and HBAO+. Note HBAO+ is an Nvidia-specific feature.
Bloom Effect…ON/OFF toggle
Lens Flare…ON/OFF toggle
Volumetric Lighting Quality…Selectable between OFF, Low, and High. This option controls intensity and quality of dynamic lighting including light shafts piercing through window panes and vents.
Reflections…Selectable between ON, OFF, and Variable. Affects fidelity and quality of screen-space reflections.
Subsurface Scattering…ON/OFF toggle
Chromatic Aberration…ON/OFF toggle
Color Space…Selectable between SRGB and BT.709

That’s all for now, but you can also look forward to other PC-specific customization options we haven’t covered here in the upcoming PC Demo launching on December 19th.

Resident Evil Team

Coreda

Been liking Anno 1404 for the most part. Criticisms are the constant new quests/tasks that pop-up every few minutes, at least in the beginning, and that upon every new chapter your village is reset by the game in order to be better optimized. While of course it's fine to be better optimized it basically removes that side of the player input which for a game about city building feels like a disconnect.

Grief.exe

GAMEPUMP needs to release this and I will subscribe them for the rest of my life
250px-Magitsbox.jpg

Does Blizzard own this IP?

Been liking Anno 1404 for the most part. Criticisms are the constant new quests/tasks that pop-up every few minutes, at least in the beginning, and that upon every new chapter your village is reset by the game in order to be better optimized. While of course it's fine to be better optimized it basically removes that side of the player input which for a game about city building feels like a disconnect.

1n2ssy.jpg

Those are some gorgeous shots!

MUnited83

For you.
Does Blizzard own this IP?

Huh interesting, I thought the IP still belonged to Sierra, but thanks to your posts I've searched and it seems it was acquired by Blizzard in 2014. Well, either way, since Blizzard and Sierra are part of Activision either way, I could still see it maybe happening. Robert Bowling might have some push/connections due to his COD days and I don't think it would be particularly hard to make a deal with Action/Blizzard since it is a dead ass IP.

Anno

It's one of my favorite games ever. As, uh, you might be able to tell. Those are good screen shots.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think Ni no Kuni 2 is pretty "sure" as well as Bandai-Namco seems to be publishing it.

PSVR sizzle games aside as I tuned out for that part and haven't looked into them, and with the obvious exception of the games coming out of Sony's stable of first-party studios, the only hard exclusive seems to be Starblood Arena (the website states in no uncertain terms that it's a Sony IP). The remaining titles -- including Vane, judging from the fact that Friend and Foe owns the IP -- are owned by their respective publishers and so are temporary exclusives at worst.

tizoc beacon

Whaaa. I thought this was already on PC.

Nice.
It's kinda funny after a console conference to see them slowly walking back all the 'exclusive' talk one by one.

On that note, from Stump's list I could easily see Ace Combat, Yakuza, Let It Die and Nioh coming to PC eventually as well.

Oddly enough, after those localization announcements before Zero is even out yet in the west, I'm placing my bet down that Sega's 2016/Early 2017 PC port will not be a Yakuza game.

Or, to put it bluntly, that we won't be getting any Yakuza games on PC at all. I highly doubt Sony would go as balls-deep on funding localizations for these without having complete lifetime exclusivity secured.

Nillansan

Whaaa. I thought this was already on PC.

It is, but not on Steam specifically.

Or, to put it bluntly, that we won't be getting any Yakuza games on PC at all. I highly doubt Sony would go as balls-deep on funding localizations for these without having complete lifetime exclusivity secured.

The idea of securing lifetime exclusivity for a third party title sounds somewhat outlandish to me. I believe that Everybody's Gone to the Rapture was partly developed by one of Sony's first party studio. I also believe that Street Fighter V was funded by Sony. Additionally, the PC version of Helldivers was published by Sony.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Where's our Windjammers Steam page? And our FFXV one? I don't want to dust off my PS4 for anything but Persona 5 and now TLOU 2.

JaseC

Hard third-party exclusivity is dead outside of special cases like Bayonetta 2, where a platform holder rather than the IP owner funds development. Publishers have come to realise that accepting a quick buck in the form of agreeing to tie down a game to a specific platform indefinitely is potentially leaving even more money on the table.

Coreda

Is there any game that accurately animates sprinting down stairs, especially that of the player? It's such a particular thing since it contains very quick leg movements but it's always added a little je ne sais quoi when it appears in standalone mediums like animation.

It's one of my favorite games ever. As, uh, you might be able to tell. Those are good screen shots.

Aw, thanks. It's the 1440p res that helps. Could only find literally two screens on Google at that size before installing the game so figured I'd post some.

fallout

Seven years later and it's still such a great looking game.

I recommend just avoiding the campaign and doing continuous play if you're getting bogged down.

Uzzy

So the five new characters for Season 2 of SFV are 'completely new to the Street Fighter universe'

That's a bold move. I like it.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
100% expecting Heihachi or someone else from Tekken.

illusionary

From a quick bit of research, I'm hearing that Vermintide isn't really at all suited to single-player? If so, that probably means that it's the first of the Humble Monthly games that I'll need to look to sell, as I'd still like to stay in for the rest of the bundle.

Edit: though saying that, I think there are a couple of MP-focused games in November's line-up? Perhaps it'll not be the first then!

JaseC

Agreed. They were the chosen one in my eyes.

On a whim I decided to check the game's Steam Community hub and noticed this announcement, posted less than two hours ago:

Absolver PC fans can rest assured that the game will launch here on Steam alongside PS4 with a full compliment of features. Enjoy and if you so desire, please add Absolver to your Steam wishlist to keep track of its release next year!

So, yeah, "Coming first to PS4" is a blatant lie.

Coreda

What script/add on was it for putting filter words to block individual posts and threads?

This one. Doesn't hide individual posts though, just threads based on word filters or users.

Seven years later and it's still such a great looking game.

I recommend just avoiding the campaign and doing continuous play if you're getting bogged down.

I'll check it out. Initially just began with the Quick Start mode.

giphy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mahjong Deluxe 3 -- MB-20D133E1687FBB3B - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.

t1480828701z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom