• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulSane

Promised manual repost :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PaulSane, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Trillion: God of Destruction -- MB-66F69E0CC2361612 - Taken by Rhaknar. 51 entrants total.

t1480951899z1.png

Soulflarz

Banned
???
new dualshock 4 doesnt work on pc...?

my white controller (old model) works fine but apparently my new one isn't working at all :x

Valxal

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Valxal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadow Complex Remastered (Epic Launcher) -- MB-B080A642AF76FBA4
TIS-100 -- MB-883B7E469B9BB92C - Taken by Monooboe. 2 entrants total.

t1480928723z1.png

Hopefully I'm doing this right.

zkylon

zkylewd
did my first elusive target, it was pretty alright

i'm kind of confused why she wasn't highlighted in red like regular targets, it feels like it adds a weird where's waldo element to the game that just takes really long and isn't very fun

i ended up exercising my well honed technique of the throwing screwdriver then running to nearby disguise and worked pretty great

i almost got fucked tho lol cos an npc got stuck in the doorway leading to the exit as a suspicious soldier was running in my way. ended up turning around and somehow the soldier didn't notice me lol

i bet ppl can be very good at this game but to me hitman is at its absolute best when it's super silly and janky lol

:O
That changes everything! I was building the weirdest contraptions to properly time things. (Very very fun though)

*snip*
(Slightly modified for somewhat better viewing angles)

I think mine was pretty similar!

9GixSnM.gif

There are at least three ways of timing components so they arrive at the same time that I use:
  1. Using sensors, pushers etc...
  2. Sending parts on long routes to slow them down
  3. Using concrete blocks to pause something. When making the final assembly some items arrive much faster than others, some sub assemblies require less steps. By placing a concrete block in a conveyor, that part is paused until the next one comes along and pushes back on track, delaying it one cycle. I use them to get my timing right for the first complete item after that it operates like Just-in-time manufacturing. Slower buildup,but faster manufacturing when the line is in full bore.

Really wish I could understand Kojima's greatness, but his games has given me more frustration then anything else.

It was only with Ground Zeroes that I think he finally made a game with acceptable camera and controls, and it still had those weird cringeworthy over the top dialogues that at best just made me laugh at them.

The only thing that I got from the Death Stranding trailer is that he's going to be even weirder then before, and that is not a selling point for me.

alright bros I got a $60 Amazon giftcard for my upcoming birthday on Tuesday. Now what do I use it on? Im plotting on Pokemon and perhaps OoT 3d since $15 is a pretty great deal

xezuru

Any Towerclimb gods in Steam comm? I got to around 5.5k ft or meters or whatever to the poison plant area after Ice and Zard started fuckin with me
FUUUUUUUUUUU
anyone got any tips for Chapter 1 Tower Climb.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh Death's Gambit is gonna be published by Adult Swim? nice

Tizoc

I loved Croc! For me it was on of the best platformers of that era. Oh man I may have to give it ago again now and see how badly it has aged.

You'll likely find the core platforming solid but the controls etc. will feel quite outdated.

Hmm, I do find it odd in a way that Square announced that Automata would be getting a PC release, but is tight-lipped on when the PC version comes out. Usually a timed-exclusive either doesn't have other versions talked about until after said period ends or the specific length of time is laid out in PR.

And if it's just a matter of them working on the PC version after as usual as opposed to a contractual agreement it seems quite out of character for Square to announce the PC version before the console release. Normally I'd figure them to try and reel in the mythical double-dips (Which we all know only R* is ever able to actually get) with a PC version being a surprise announcement months after the console release. Which we all know is going to be the case with FFXV soon enough.

Tizoc

I want a modern Klonoa game, will never happen tho .__.

Klonoa 1+2 HD has been something I've been hyping for years. A new Klonoa game wouldn't shake the gaming world and would only appeal to a small niche, but a re-release of those 2 games, at least, helps to preserve them and would likely be more cost efficient than making a new game.

Ascheroth

Hmm, I do find it odd in a way that Square announced that Automata would be getting a PC release, but is tight-lipped on when the PC version comes out. Usually a timed-exclusive either doesn't have other versions talked about until after said period ends or the specific length of time is laid out in PR.

And if it's just a matter of them working on the PC version after as usual as opposed to a contractual agreement it seems quite out of character for Square to announce the PC version before the console release. Normally I'd figure them to try and reel in the mythical double-dips (Which we all know only R* is ever able to actually get) with a PC version being a surprise announcement months after the console release. Which we all know is going to be the case with FFXV soon enough.

I thought it was coming at the same time as the PS4 version. Is that not true anymore? (or maybe it never was).

Hektor

I thought it was coming at the same time as the PS4 version. Is that not true anymore? (or maybe it never was).

Nobody knows, they announced a releasedate on psx but when asked wether that also applies to the pc version, they keep weirdly shut.

It's weird that they did go put of their way to announce a pc version but then pretend like they haven't just three months later

Klonoa 1+2 HD has been something I've been hyping for years. A new Klonoa game wouldn't shake the gaming world and would only appeal to a small niche, but a re-release of those 2 games, at least, helps to preserve them and would likely be more cost efficient than making a new game.

Yeah, that would work for me too.

Tizoc

Nobody knows, they announced a releasedate on psx but when asked wether that also applies to the pc version, they keep weirdly shut.

It's weird that they did go put of their way to announce a pc version but then pretend like they haven't just three months later
It was a so y event
Pr people wouldnt talk about any other ver. Than the ps4 one during that event

Accoun

Not Steam, but...
Yesterday I tried to add Blood Dragon to uPlay while I still can and the website gave me a Login Error. Am I right in suspecting that it's a general "try again later" error? Because I tried a different password and it gave me specifically a "wrong e-mail/password", but who knows.

derFeef

It was pretty obvious where the series was going with 3 unfortunately. 4 is a $10 pick-up at most for me.

Downward spiral :( I enjoyed 3 for like 10 hours and then I just stopped. It's shallow.
If only they could get their crap together and make something good again, like DR2. That had perfect balance to me.

Jawmuncher

What is wrong with dr4?
No coop
No timer
Frank west face and voice change
No difficulty, game is just kill zombies in crazy ways

Reviews seem to go no lower than ok, but a common call is that there are changes or things taken out that shouldn't have been.

Nzyme32

No coop
No timer
Frank west face and voice change
No difficulty, game is just kill zombies in crazy ways

Reviews seem to go no lower than ok, but a common call is that there are changes or things taken out that shouldn't have been.

So another "Xbox exclusive" gone stale and watered down for reasons?

Catshade

Speaking of GOG, here's a spare NWN key if any of you missed the freebie:

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

PGP3OVL.png
Neverwinter Nights (GOG) -- MB-4AC41499C7BB4822 - Taken by Endruen

Ozium

pretty shameful how people here are shitting on dead rising 4 when they have the balls to tell a parable about human consumption the likes of which has never been seen before.

you guys are the real monsters.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Anyone with a spare VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action key they want to sell for ~$10? I ignored it during the daily sale, hoping it would show up for Thanksgiving. It didn't and I don't want to wait for Winter anymore.

Lain

After 10 hours, I think I'm done with Dragon's Dogma. I just don't like it. I'm not having fun. I can't take another 40 hours of this. Exploration/traversal is painfully slow, and you never know when you're gonna hit a group of monsters way too powerful for your current level, after easily defeating dozens of goblins, wolves and bandits. Pawns are stupid. AI is bad. Menus are awful. Collecting items is pointless. I have a thousand sidequests already, with 80% of them being terrible MMO-type sidequests (kill X sketelons). Combat is average. Story is just ok so far.

One of the rare time NeoGAF consensus has let me down.

I can understand not liking the story, having issues with the pawn AI, finding the sidequests boring or the trek around the world annoying, but not the combat being average. The combat is the best part of the game and average isn't at all the word I'd use for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom