• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Hopefully Crash sells well so Activision brings the Spyro games.

And then GAMEPUMP brings out this

Croc_Legend_of_the_Gobbos.jpg

Regginator

Anyone else having the loading times from Dragon's Dogma take an eternity? When I started in the first area after the tutorial, it loaded up pretty fast. Not more than 10 seconds. Now I noticed it increased to around 30-40 seconds. Any idea what caused this increase? For what it's worth, I'm playing it maxed out at 1440p (downsampled), no AA and 60fps cap.

Kifimbo

After 10 hours, I think I'm done with Dragon's Dogma. I just don't like it. I'm not having fun. I can't take another 40 hours of this. Exploration/traversal is painfully slow, and you never know when you're gonna hit a group of monsters way too powerful for your current level, after easily defeating dozens of goblins, wolves and bandits. Pawns are stupid. AI is bad. Menus are awful. Collecting items is pointless. I have a thousand sidequests already, with 80% of them being terrible MMO-type sidequests (kill X sketelons). Combat is average. Story is just ok so far.

One of the rare time NeoGAF consensus has let me down.

hohoXD123

Was expecting Quantum Break to run like shit but pleasantly surprised to be hitting 70-80 fps maxed 1440p on a 1080. Guess the steam update improved performance quite considerably, kept hearing that even high end rigs had to settle for 30 fps.

rtcn63

After 10 hours, I think I'm done with Dragon's Dogma. I just don't like it. I'm not having fun. I can't take another 40 hours of this. Exploration/traversal is painfully slow, and you never know when you're gonna hit a group of monsters way too powerful for your current level, after easily defeating dozens of goblins, wolves and bandits. Pawns are stupid. AI is bad. Menus are awful. Collecting items is pointless. I have a thousand sidequests already, with 80% of them being terrible MMO-type sidequests (kill X sketelons). Combat is average. Story is just ok so far.

It an attempt at a single-player MMO from the olden days of yore. I like the combat more than Witcher, but there is a sense of "something is going on but I feel like nothing's going on that's worth caring about" that pervades the first half or so of the game. The fast travel system is interesting, but in practice, just kinda annoying. If I were you, I'd play as the warrior and just beeline through the main story.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I can tell Rainbow Six Siege is good, but I keep flirting with the refund button. It seems almost too deep for what I'm looking for, despite really enjoying the idea of grinding out for heroes and cosmetics.

Does anyone play this super-casually? Terrorist Hunt PvE seems fun, but is that enough to justify the price?

Graphically it reminds me a bit of those DOS platformers Apogee published back in the day.

Those were my entire childhood. God I loved those.

Tizoc

I always lose interest whenever I try to play Mario 64. Like I'd start...then I lose interest because it doesn't grip me right from the start :V
Mario Galaxy 1 and 3D Land are superb though love those 2 games.

You mean It's a point and click game?

Huehuehue.

Croc 1 and 2 have an interesting Adventure/platforming aspect to them but I do feel some of their gameplay designs haven't aged well like the camera and that Croc's attack animation just feels...non existent. Like you press Square to do his tail spin attack and while you do SEE it, it just doesn't feel impactful. A remake of the games would do them good with some QoL added in, but that's just my personal opinion on the matter :X

I'd still get them day 1 though if they ever get re-released.

Deadbeat

Banned
I can tell Rainbow Six Siege is good, but I keep flirting with the refund button. It seems almost too deep for what I'm looking for, despite really enjoying the idea of grinding out for heroes and cosmetics.

Does anyone play this super-casually? Terrorist Hunt PvE seems fun, but is that enough to justify the price?.
What did you pay? I bought the starter for 15 bucks and all I play is t hunt. For 15 bucks its worth it.

Ubi isnt planning more t hunt content and that makes me mad.

Plesiades

Played the intro of Arkham Knight. Presentation wise, it feels extremely expensive. You can almost see the dollars pouring out of the screen. Maybe it was part of the vertical slice they showed during E3.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Is there anyway to organize your steam library, or list your steam library by release date?

edit: Found something that can sort of do that. Bioshock is no good for GOTY right? Since it's a remaster of a game that was already on Steam.

Drayco21

Played the intro of Arkham Knight. Presentation wise, it feels extremely expensive. You can almost see the dollars pouring out of the screen. Maybe it was part of the vertical slice they showed during E3.

The first person stuff? It was at Sony's conference that year, yeah.

It's still too early for me to form an opinion but I've been feeling some frustration as well.
I wouldn't say the combat is average though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

The whole game stays that way. There are some ridiculous sequences throughout the whole ride.

bbd23

man I have so many games to play in my backlog but they all seem so uninteresting right now... I NEED BETTER GAMES

Purkake4

Banned
If you mean gift cards, Target periodically sells them buy one get one 20% off (making a net of 10% off), that's about the best we usually see. I'd say we're due for a sale like that in the next couple of weeks.
And if he means trading cards, there were a few times when Valve took the "Valve tax" off of them, basically giving sellers an extra 10% or whatever selling them. I don't think it was a huge success.

Sarcasm

If is fine, not everybody loves the same things. Most of what gaf likes I don't like either.

Like Witcher (especially 3) is really boring for me, which is the opposite of most.

Jimrpg

Is the Steam iOS app janky for anyone else? For example, the spacing between every section is slightly off, and the tabs "popular new releases, top sellers, upcoming, specials" is too close to the recently added section in the Steam PC app, and non existent on the iOS app. And it hasn't been fixed since that big Steam update a few weeks back.

Don't they care? It wouldn't take long fix it surely?

Drakhyrr

I have just finished Assassin's Creed: Unity and I must say
I liked it a lot. Perhaps the best AC since 2.

Far from perfect, but did right a lot of things I liked about the series.

I have just finished Assassin's Creed: Unity and I must say
I liked it a lot. Perhaps the best AC since 2.

Far from perfect, but did right a lot of things I liked about the series.
The story is wasted potential. It could have been both the Assassins' and the Templar Order's involvement in French Revolution, instead it was a typical revenge story with revolution in the background, and the bad guys he wanted to kill happened to be Templars.

At least we got the best kiss scene in video games out of it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Was expecting Quantum Break to run like shit but pleasantly surprised to be hitting 70-80 fps maxed 1440p on a 1080. Guess the steam update improved performance quite considerably, kept hearing that even high end rigs had to settle for 30 fps.

That's because you have upscaling enabled. At 1440p, the game is actually running at 960p, hence the much higher framerate versus 1440p native:

qb_2560.png

qb_2560_off.png

The Steam/DX11 version does in fact perform better than its WinStore/DX12 counterpart, but only slightly (you can see GameGPU's original benchmarks here).

gurm3n

Neo Member
I'm doing that quest in The Witcher 3 where you
get the GOG to disable the DRM
. This game never ceases to amaze me.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Anyone else having the loading times from Dragon's Dogma take an eternity? When I started in the first area after the tutorial, it loaded up pretty fast. Not more than 10 seconds. Now I noticed it increased to around 30-40 seconds. Any idea what caused this increase? For what it's worth, I'm playing it maxed out at 1440p (downsampled), no AA and 60fps cap.

I believe I had an issue like this when I was using an outdated ENB set up, but updating it fixed it.

Soulflarz

Banned
DS4 Windows

But this wasn't an issue beforehand? I just play rocket league with my ds4, it's natively read anyways. If I plug in a controller it takes over the sound aspect too as the default device :x

edit: It shows up in game controllers, it's just I think my realtek thing is hogging it for...some messed up reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom