• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, I blocked so many good people. Ok, but this can be a good thing. Here's the list. I already sorted some out. Help me to clean the list of everyone cool. Then we can get a list out of it that can help to reject people who are not part of the community if anyone has the need for it for whatever reason.

--I actually do this sometimes. But sometimes I just feel like using different methods.Very nice given that there is no deal for the game this sale.

OMG my last giveaway that I won was (12-19-2013, 09:15 AM) since that day I haven't entered any giveaway! :'(

I wish a Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!

Hm.. I was gifted Xenoanuts and I'm not sure if I should pick easy or normal difficulty. Did anyone else here played Xenoanuts? If so, what do you recommend on which difficulty to go with?

Chariot

ಠ_ಠ
I have to say, I seriously can't remember you :(

Posting in the thread is handled by the NOLURKER rule.
I know it's there, but you remember mik? I am not sure, if that's enough. But as I said above, you're right, it's a stupid idea. So don't worry.

I recognize some of those and I actually wondered why they'd be blocked, as they don't strike me as bad people. Like, did they do something bad?
No, they were just not recognized by me. Be it because I really don't know them, can't remember their names or overlooked them. There were a lot of names to look at D:
Dat 2nd to be blocked.

NOW I KNOW HOW YOU REALLY FEEL CHARIOT.
Does it hurt less, when I tell you, that I only ever look at your funny avatar? It's presence totally blocks your name.

Corpekata

Banned
Hm.. I was gifted Xenoanuts and I'm not sure if I should pick easy or normal difficulty. Did anyone else here played Xenoanuts? If so, what do you recommend on which difficulty to go with?

It can be pretty old school hard. I'd ease into things unless you're a hardcore original XCOM fan that thought the reboot was for babies.

pahamrick

Did you play the original XCOM a lot? Were you really good at it?

If you answered no to any of these, try out easy first and see how you like it. Worst case scenario, start over on normal.

I know it's there, but you remember mik? I am not sure, if that's enough. But as I said above, you're right, it's a stupid idea. So don't worry.

Yeah I remember mik and javadots and many more. But that's why you can block those people specifically and not use the shotgun approach (Or use it but defiinitely DO NOT post the list here). I guess it's best to drop this topic.

pahamrick

No, they were just not recognized by me. Be it because I really don't know them, can't remember their names or overlooked them. There were a lot of names to look at D:Does it hurt less, when I tell you, that I only ever look at your funny avatar? It's presence totally blocks your name.

It's okay Chariot. We forgive you.

V1OMwsc.gif

He only removed people that he knew or "contributed to the community" to be part of the giveaway. How is that not personal.
This is what I did. I copied the list of the posters in this and the other thread, deleted the postcount number and added BLOCK before them, while deleting who I knew. Obviously pretty sloppy, but it was only intended for that giveaway anyways at that point.
yian, you are giving chariot way too much "credit for his work". i doubt he put much effort into it. let alone check each name and think about "contribution" (maybe by post history).
it's 700 people. that would take way too much time. and he said he did it for this giveaway. the time he'd need to make the list with "contribution" in my is ridiculously to much.
i think he just ctrl+f'ed peoples names that sprung into his head and deleted that on a whim.
granted, with how blacklist works, it could lead to unfair troubles. i guess he won't do it anymore because of that.

Sendou

If you want to create a whitelist like that (which I'm not sure is a good thing) you may want to combine it with NOLURKERS too. I mean I won Astebreed with no posts made in this thread. Feel a little bad now seeing you didn't want people with less than 6 posts to take part. EDIT: Nevermind maybe I had 5 posts in the previous thread. IDK

I only know people by avatars. :)

Pretty much this.

Aww, I blocked so many good people. Ok, but this can be a good thing. Here's the list. I already sorted some out. Help me to clean the list of everyone cool. Then we can get a list out of it that can help to reject people who are not part of the community if anyone has the need for it for whatever reason.

--I actually do this sometimes. But sometimes I just feel like using different methods.Very nice given that there is no deal for the game this sale.

Woohoo made the blocklist!

I went looking for a Homer Simpson "You're Cut" .gif but couldn't find it. :(

Spyware

I'm gonna go with the "don't use Modbot if you're gonna be that restrictive" response.
Yeah I'm salty because I have Megagiver status by giving out really good stuff (in my opinion at least) and have not won a single thing since I joined GAF :D

Wow, just got the "loot stash summary" PM, "You have given away 74 games. (74 eligible for 'givers only' rules.)" O_O
I thought it was maybe 40-ish...
Also, it seems one of my Valkyria Chronicles is registered as unclaimed. Strange.

Nzyme32

I recognize some of those and I actually wondered why they'd be blocked, as they don't strike me as bad people. Like, did they do something bad?

Yeah that was my thought because I missed the conversation or what the block list was actually for. I recognise quite a lot of the names - so I get the impression this is a timezone issue perhaps, where sometimes you just miss people because it isn't when you are awake or not when you are online.

Meh, I pretty much am in the Steam thread every day since I started using GAF in 2013, but I guess I still am not top tier. One day I'll make a name for myself :p

Not even mad. Strangely, I feel honored to be a part of that list.

bigzgod

Mhm, you may be right, but I despite my choice of words I didn't mean to create a elite. Thing is, that I really don't like some of the people who only come in the thread, make five posts and take some games. My imagination is to have list of blocking a huge chunk of people that are not contributing to the community at all.This is what I did. I copied the list of the posters in this and the other thread, deleted the postcount number and added BLOCK before them, while deleting who I knew. Obviously pretty sloppy, but it was only intended for that giveaway anyways at that point.

Heh, you forgot to remove my post count from your blacklist :p

No offense taken anyway, I can definitely understand the sentiment behind it and frankly, I agree with you in every way, even if that means I'd be included in your blacklist. I'm not a fan of those type of people either and if there were a better way to exclude them, I'd be one of the first to be using that restriction consistently.

pahamrick

Yeah that was my thought because I missed the conversation or what the block list was actually for. I recognise quite a lot of the names - so I get the impression this is a timezone issue perhaps, where sometimes you just miss people because it isn't when you are awake or not when you are online.

Meh, I pretty much am in the Steam thread every day since I started using GAF in 2013, but I guess I still am not top tier. One day I'll make a name for myself :p

I'm sporadic in my steam thread postings, probably doesn't help.

autoduelist

Moving past all that, let's have a giveaway.

This one is only set to NOLURKERS and NOCHARIOT.

(just kidding, Chariot, you're fine)

It's a bundle item so I'm sure a lot of you have it, but it's still a great game. I'm planning on buying something to give away tomorrow but it'll also be a cheapo since I'm pretty broke right now (kid's first christmas, he got spoiled silly).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (autoduelist, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dungeons of Dredmor Complete -- MB-97C28FAD3134190B - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.

t1419474007z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That would be the "permablock" command, I think.

Those regularly blocked by a variety of users are also added to the blacklist. Someone blocking the same user 100 times wouldn't result in anything, though, but at that point you'd have to wonder why they didn't just use PERMABLOCK. ;)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Maybe a second no lurkers rule? Say 30 posts. I doubt people are going to spam 30 posts to enter some raffles.

Moving past all that, let's have a giveaway.

This one is only set to NOLURKERS and NOCHARIOT.

(just kidding, Chariot, you're fine)

It's a bundle item so I'm sure a lot of you have it, but it's still a great game. I'm planning on buying something to give away tomorrow but it'll also be a cheapo since I'm pretty broke right now (kid's first christmas, he got spoiled silly).

The person who wins will love it. I've put in 40 hours, and I've barely scratched the surface.

Chariot

Yeah, well. Dumb idea with a lot of flaws, we talked about this and I see that I was wrong. And no, I didn't block all beautiful and charismatic people - you are all very beautiful <3

--
It's okay Chariot. We forgive you.
:)

If you want to create a whitelist like that (which I'm not sure is a good thing) you may want to combine it with NOLURKERS too. I mean I won Astebreed with no posts made in this thread. Feel a little bad now seeing you didn't want people with less than 6 posts to take part. EDIT: Nevermind maybe I had 5 posts in the previous thread. IDK
I just wanted to say, I actually used NOLURKERS. :p

i propose the idea we all blacklist chariot from now on

that'll teach him
I would barely recognize that, given my win rate :D

autoduelist

The person who wins will love it. I've put in 40 hours, and I've barely scratched the surface.

Yup. I've beat Dredmor and loved it. That's the complete edition (which I don't have) but i figured it was silly to use a complete key just for the dlc, so I'd give it away and buy the dlc myself.

I give Dredmor a lot of credit for helping to revive the true roguelike scene by 'mainstreaming' a lot of aspects of it. Which is great for me, because I thrive on roguelikes and drgps.

Great game. Hopefully someone awesome wins it, which is likely since it's gaf.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good dungeon.

Xevo

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Xevo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rochard -- MB-7739F398D3BDD3E0 - Taken by snack
Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-114CF40D051EF107 - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Jolly Rover -- MB-BD2B5664AB67CA75 - Taken by Ventara. 2 entrants total.

t1419464887z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom