• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Chariot

NOWINNERSDAILY wasn't included.
I may went a bit overboard in my attempt to create a whitelist.

jJwZ7ampSOUtP.png

zkylon

zkylewd
i took war of human tanks then

wasn't meaning to since i had already got a lot of games gifted this sale but i wanted to know if i was in your blocklist :p

ed: i'm liking murdered soul suspects a bunch but i never got around fixing my computer and a burny smell is coming out of it so i'll prolly cool off and play something less demanding until i can get the money to get it fixed. it's pretty annoying cos i don't have a laptop or another way of working without it so i'm pretty much fucked

I just started TF2 for the first time in my life. I got so much stuff I didn't know about, lol.

sell that shit.

murdered soul suspect is pretty interesting

maphacking through walls is just so very enjoyable but i feel the clues thing is kinda iffy. like, you're supposed to pick options in a certain order that doesn't always makes the most sense in your head. like, instead of just disagreeing with the game's conclusion, i'm just disagreeing in the order to input the clues to get to that same conclusion.

it's kind of the obvious issue with this type of game, so i'll concede on that, but i hope it's a bit less weird. it's not too bad since you can still beat the cases even if you fail like 17 straight times but ehh

anyways fedoras are cool

It's a fun, but flawed game. Frankly, I found the demon parts to be a bit annoying since you basically just have to wait.

Enjoyed the collectathon-ing. Quite an easy 100%. Story was enjoyable enough, but I see why the studio kind of folded.

NOWINNERSDAILY wasn't included.
I may went a bit overboard in my attempt to create a whitelist.

whoa

Coreda

I wonder if the move the Community has changed the No Lurker ModBot rule effectiveness. That is, part of the rule's purpose is to encourage and reward more posts in the thread but as fewer posters visit now it seems it would skew the numbers more in favor of a smaller group of regulars. Perhaps not. For the past couple giveaways I've left it out.

Chariot

i took war of human tanks then

wasn't meaning to since i had already got a lot of games gifted this sale but i wanted to know if i was in your blocklist :p
I wouldn't block you, you're an open lover of cute.

Went for OJ but doesn't seem to go through. Maybe I need five posts here but I should have more than five in the last thread.
Yeah, you need at least five posts here.

I blocked 768 users from entering, plus the community blacklist and nolurkers.

Did anyone else look at Chariot's blacklist image and not recognize a single name?

Either I'm really inattentive or there are a shit-ton of people who show up with a few posts and then leave.

MRORANGE

Jørdan;144599194 said:
Your banners have been fantastic this year, I have to say I would dislike the change you plan as you got it spot on just now. I'm hoping someone else feels similarly and can explain it better; the lined images was a masterstroke, it unites all the games, breaks up the more vibrant and as far as I'm aware - unique. With the STEAM text being replaced by the logo there is now the issue of the graphic clashing or bleeding as with GTA header quoted, the ceiling light in the shop being an example. It also tied the OP title and banner image together better I feel. Changing the colour scheme to blue is welcomed, blue is always nice - just wish the client respected that better. Although it may look better grey with the dark theme, the blue looks good for both board styles and as you said reflects the new Steam theme.

I can't imagine how much work - and not just time - that goes into each OP, I do appretiate it. Thank you.

Line breaks FTW

I agree the style should remain.
Regular images on top just don't jive as well.

Understood, and reading from other comments people like the lines, I've chosen 5 layouts we could go for in the future, I'll choose from popular opinion on the matter on which heading most people like:

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

Option 4:

Option 5:

Silent Hill Homecoming is the cheapest it's ever been on GMG, it usually is only 50% off when on sale, but it's 75% off right now, plus with the 25% off coupon, you can get it for $7.49. It's not a terrible game, though a weaker one in its series, I do think it's worth that price if interested.

Homecoming: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/adventure/silent-hill-homecoming/

Coupon Code: 25HAPP-YXMASF-ROMGMG

$5 on nuuvem
http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1914-silent-hill-homecoming

Blu(e)

Did anyone else look at Chariot's blacklist image and not recognize a single name?

Either I'm really inattentive or there are a shit-ton of people who show up with a few posts and then leave.

I usually remember people by their avatars so the names are lost on me anyways.

Grief.exe

I couldn' t even name 100 people posting here and you have a blacklist of 700. Why. How.

Just speculating, but Chariot may be trying to remove those members who just spam the required posts for modbot turn promptly leave.

autoduelist

Seriously, will somebody at least try to take War of the Human Tanks and Orange Juice who has interest? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144660403&postcount=5175
I hope this isn't turning into the search for King Arthur.

--
<3

I actually have that game on my wishlist, dammit. But someone probably saved me from it.

---------

Now that I've moved on to the hardest difficultly levels of Breach & Clear, I'm loving it. It's still missing a few important pieces of polish (like a wait/pause command), but all in all if you want more Frozen Synapse in a modern military setting it's great (move difficultly up for a challenge, though).

Breach missions, 'escape' missions, bomb defusal missions... optional permadeath... really nice, since some of those are really challenging and force you to clear fast rather than turtle through. I really wish there was a wait command (allow grenades to go off before entering, etc) but I guess they decided to move all that to the eventual sequel.

It's odd, because in some ways it looks -very- polished, but in the details it's not (sadly). Still worth the current sale price imo, it's all I've been playing (saved me from a disappointing SoTS The Pit).

(next up will be Dungeon of the Endless)

Understood, and reading from other comments people like the lines, I've chosen 5 layouts we could go for in the future, I'll choose from popular opinion on the matter on which heading most people like:

Option 5:

I like 5. Looks nice and clean, with no obstructions to the image besides the line effect.

Chariot

Why so many? o_O
We don't have a white list options and I didn't want people to win that I never saw before, at least not in this giveaway. I was pretty lenient with people above a certain posting count though. No mercy for people with 6 or less posts though.

I went through the posting lists of this thread and the last and blocked everyone that I didn't recognize by name. You wouldn't believe how many people are posting here (apparently over 800).

I like Option 2 the most.

Who are all of these people on your list, Chariot?

Was I on this list?
:)

Accoun

The only name I recognize on Chariot's list was Sekai Project, which is IIRC an official account of that publisher (or at least a person from there).

Coreda

Just watched The Interview. Can't wait for the game starring our supreme glorious leader.

F8813nU.jpg

Option 2. The diagonal patterned overlay on the others is too compressed with JPEG that it looks like squares, but I wouldn't mind either way.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
You blocked Nabs??!

For shame, Chariot, for shame

Nabs

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

Option 4:

Option 5:

Option 6: Giant STEAM + Logo at the bottom.

oipic

I've chosen 5 layouts we could go for in the future, I'll choose from popular opinion on the matter on which heading most people like

My vote goes to option 5 also; the overlaid text/logo may not always play nicely with the banner images, so I think tucking it away it in the bar underneath is a good look.

In any case, great work as always, Mr O. :)

Jawmuncher

Option 3:

Definitely a fan of option 3.
Fits well with everything if you ask me.
Nice and sleek.

zkylon

zkylewd
imo option 3 looks the best, with option 5 as a close second, tho the steam logo looks a bit cramped for vertical space in the bottom bar

It's a fun, but flawed game. Frankly, I found the demon parts to be a bit annoying since you basically just have to wait.

Enjoyed the collectathon-ing. Quite an easy 100%. Story was enjoyable enough, but I see why the studio kind of folded.
yeah, demons are pretty annoying since i suck at qte's (i suck at everything tbh)

i'm liking the story and the mood and just looking for clues and detective-stuff in general. that's really enjoyable even tho it's pretty wonky. i really like that they open up the city for you to do like tiny cases and find other stuff to read and find out about the world and the characters

i already dread the collecting part tho, so i'll probably won't bother with like collecting the boilers or cans or fuel or whatever. i never found any enjoyment in that kind of thing and it's not like it's hidden or locked behind puzzles or whatever and movement is not a fun mechanic in this game (at least not too much).

sucks that this game didn't do alright, the premise is awesome

I wouldn't block you, you're an open lover of cute.
well you were blocking everyone and i've been known to annoy people lol

Silent Hill Homecoming is the cheapest it's ever been on GMG, it usually is only 50% off when on sale, but it's 75% off right now, plus with the 25% off coupon, you can get it for $7.49. It's not a terrible game, though a weaker one in its series, I do think it's worth that price if interested.

Homecoming: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/adventure/silent-hill-homecoming/

Coupon Code: 25HAPP-YXMASF-ROMGMG
whatever happened to downpour, anyways?

i was looking for it on steam and apparently it never came out on pc? what the hell, konami?

i recognized a bunch of em

some people i think are cool and i'm surprised chariot blacklisted

Chariot

The only name I recognize on Chariot's list was Sekai Project, which is IIRC an official account of that publisher (or at least a person from there).
Besada am cry. But yeah, otherwise there are a few people who just post one or two times and then vanish.

You blocked Nabs??!

For shame, Chariot, for shame
I didn't recognize him by his name. I don't even recognize him by his avatar. I needed to look at the tag to remember who he was. He was sadly a casualty of me getting sloppy after too many names.

i recognized a bunch of em

some people i think are cool and i'm surprised chariot blacklisted
It may be, because I don't know them, or because I just didn't remember the name.

well you were blocking everyone and i've been known to annoy people lol
Well, I like you :)

Tizoc

Talos Principal is so goooooooood.

The dev. has confirmed it won't get a deeper discount than 10% so grab it if you want a puzzle adventure game.
It can be played in First person or 3rd person view mode too!

Now to find out how to get it to run at 60 FPS but with good graphic options...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom