• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chariot seems to have blocked all the attractive and/or charismatic people.

EDIT: Too soon.

I'm neither/nor and I still made my way to it.

On Christmas Eve of all days! I still have to ride my sleigh down to Whoville and steal all those presents and eat all those roast beasts.

Chariot

"CTRL+F 'M-a-n-i-a-c'"

Then reality hit. :(

Although I really wish NOLURKER's count was increased, or at the very least had several configurable post-count options.
This was actually a mistake. I remember deleting your name. I can remember it, because I smirked since I had this running at that exact moment.
I'm neither/nor and I still made my way to it.

On Christmas Eve of all days! I still have to ride my sleigh down to Whoville and steal all those presents and eat all those roast beasts.
I am sure you're beautiful too.

eyeless

Coal for the naughty kids:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Giana Sisters Twisted Bundle -- MB-CF15C69E4DC8B190 - Taken by eyeless
BIT.Trip 2 -- MB-549BB658B8FB469D - Taken by Naked Snake
A virus named tom -- MB-9413664178460FAB - Taken by rainking187
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams (single key, don't claim if you have one game) -- MB-6AA0BE26DD6DB061
Strike Suit Infinity -- MB-41928F468409933A - Taken by Zeitgeister
Zeno Clash -- MB-C80C2098D683B9CD
t1cxE6r.gif
Serious Sam 3 BFE -- MB-AEE8F959DE3B0E2E - Taken by The Reloader
One Way Heroics -- MB-A15A2E706240026C - Taken by cardinalmind
thx bro, someone has to look out for us garbage people

I already left a small message on my Activity feed for the people on my friends list a couple of hours ago but might as well leave something similar in here.
kenod had a really nice post like this yesterday. :)
i got to know some very nice people here. i am glad i took the splunge and registered at gaf. it took me a couple weeks to find this community. it felt cold and alone in the usual gaming side. here it feels really warm mostly - yes even the drama. i learned about peoples kinks and characters, how some tick. it is my first forum tbh, haha. i am glad life worked like it did.
have a nice xmas folks and a great and healthy year 2015!

Blu(e)

Aww, I blocked so many good people. Ok, but this can be a good thing. Here's the list. I already sorted some out. Help me to clean the list of everyone cool. Then we can get a list out of it that can help to reject people who are not part of the community if anyone has the need for it for whatever reason.

--I actually do this sometimes. But sometimes I just feel like using different methods.Very nice given that there is no deal for the game this sale.
I'm not surprised by this since I don't post often anywhere on the board.
Ahh but it burns!

Chariot

What does Chariot's block list do? I'm asking because I'm on that list lol. I haven't posted here much but I read it every day.
It doesn't do anything lol. It's just the list I used for the giveaway. You can block single users from entering your giveaway with the BLOCK command. And I just did block a lot of single users and had the idea of refining that. But as people stated, even refined it would not work very well. So, that are only names on a pastebin.
I think it just blocks us from the giveaway.

Hopefully it doesn't end up contributing to the blacklist.
I don't think one block from one user is going to do much.

I think it just blocks us from the giveaway.

Hopefully it doesn't end up contributing to the blacklist.

So does this mean we can't enter giveaways?

So to get removed from the block list, do we need to make a certain amount of posts everyday in this thread?

EDIT: Never mind, thanks, Sendou!

Chariot

So to get removed from the block list, do we need to make a certain amount of posts everyday in this thread?
No, it was a list for a single giveaway that already ended. It has no influence whatsoever on any other giveaway.

It doesn't do anything lol. It's just the list I used for the giveaway. You can block single users from entering your giveaway with the BLOCK command. And I just did block a lot of single users and had the idea of refining that. But as people stated, even refined it would not work very well. So, that are only names on a pastebin.I don't think one block from one user is going to do much.

Oh, I see. I thought it was something more major. :p

Thanks!

No, it was a list for a single giveaway that already ended. It has no influence whatsoever on any other giveaway.

Sorry for the confusion. Thank you!

zkylon

zkylewd
I already left a small message on my Activity feed for the people on my friends list a couple of hours ago but might as well leave something similar in here.

I honestly hope that everyone can have a good day weather you are celebrating the Holiday/Christmas season or not. Hope you can all have a hot meal, some memories to share and I hope you can be with your loved ones from family members, lovers and close friends. SteamGAF has been a house for me for quite some time. It's a great place to discuss a lot of themes regarding this hobby of ours and I feel quite lucky to have you all every time I decide to talk about a certain game. For the last years I've met some incredible people, many with different ways of thinking or even different ways of engaging life. It's funny, because while I don't exactly know you all I... feel I know quite a few members, more than the name or the avatar and this is what the community is all about.

I'm not going to lie, I felt a bit emotional when time was not kind to me and I had to be away from SteamGAF (and GAF in general) and when I got some time it felt very warm to the heart to see the same friendly "faces" I've met along this years saying "welcome". This is a great community and I truly respect every GAFfer. I just wanted to thank you all for all the help, the kindness, the conversations about everything. I hope I helped you out when you were in need of help, I hope you can forgive me if I let you down somehow, I hope you don't hate me simply because you don't like me or the way I talk. I am incredibly lucky because all those years I learned what really, really matters in life, just like the people I live everyday, my lovers, my friends, my family, you all also made a positive impact on my life, for good. I thank you all for your patience and friendship, for all the laugh and silly moments. There's so many different people in here, yet, I feel most of us learned something from each other. I know this might sound really lame for many, others will simply put me on ignore but I have never given up on building a better community, on having a place that is friendly and can welcome anyone because that is what really matters in here, to have fun and respect each other. I'm blessed for having the chance to talk with you all and I hope you know this. Thank you all for everything, honestly. :')

monk too cute

iNRgbds1Qzrne.gif

i just got gifted ff13 so like, wtf is wrong with people being nice to me this year... don't you understand i suck stop rewarding me for sucking... -___-

anyways off to my own family dinner, i don't really like holidays but between all the gifts nice people have gotten me and some nice irl surprises i'm kinda not miserable about the holidays this year. so like have a good time everyone, talk to you in a few hours after i get tired of real humans!

Sendou

Nah it's manual. You aren't blocked on his future giveaways unless he also blocks you when making them. There's also perm-block function that automatically blocks you from all of that users future giveaways. There's no undoing that (well there is but the point is that it's more permanent). Also if enough people block you permanently like that you'll automatically be included in the list that comes to use when BLACKLIST rule is used.

That's how I understand it at least.

iosefe

monk too cute

iNRgbds1Qzrne.gif

i just got gifted ff13 so like, wtf is wrong with people being nice to me this year... don't you understand i suck stop rewarding me for sucking... -___-

anyways off to my own family dinner, i don't really like holidays but between all the gifts nice people have gotten me and some nice irl surprises i'm kinda not miserable about the holidays this year. so like have a good time everyone, talk to you in a few hours after i get tired of real humans!

you should probably set it to DL now so it's at least halfway done when you return

Happy Merryment to you

Blech, having the flu during the holidays is full of suckage. I know that I don't post much but I just wanted to drop by and say thanks to you guys for being a great community. If you're on my friends list make sure your wishlist is up to date. It's so much easier to direct gift than modbot when I feel like I could fry an egg on my forehead. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow and through the new year!

cicero

Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas to you all!

Please take my advice and make the most of the time you have with your family/loved ones especially during this season. Once they are gone, you can never get that back.

don't listen to the others. it exactly means that.
you'll have to post at least five times a day in this thread to become eligible for giveaways.
but hold it, not just any regular post!
at least two of them have to include either a gif or be waifu-related.
so you better get going son.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Should have noticed earlier.
you'll have to post at least five times a day in this thread to become eligible for giveaways.
I'll show myself the way out then.

Spyware

Alright. I hope this works now.
I was gonna make it a 15 min raffle but apparently forgot to type "short". Ohwell. A sign that I should go to sleep! Happy holidays everyone!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spyware, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gauntlet -- MB-64DC95165F3E3B1C - Taken by Maniac. 26 entrants total.
Gauntlet #2 -- MB-51CC70C983F647E5 - Taken by dave is ok. 6 entrants total.

t1419477007z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If there are no countries listed, there shouldn't be any restrictions. It's a known workaround where even though a 4 pack itself might be regionlocked, after activation, the 3 copies that the 4 pack generates are not region locked in any way, though they might sport that red angry message claiming it is.

It's not a workaround; rather, publishers generally forget to region-lock the gift sub that's awarded upon activating the gift/key.

sadly he and fellow steam gaffer ozium had a smal kerkuffle which resulted in a short one month ban.
come january they'll be back.

Sorry to hear that.

As people often do, we tend to take things we invest in way too seriously. I stepped away for a while because I was too wrapped up in Steam collecting. I've finally realized that I don't have to live up to the standards of others or try to buy every game I see. Now I just pick what I want and buy it if I have the money, and nothing else.

Accoun

Eh, never noticed that, but looks like my big picture mode is in upper left corner on both custom themes I have installed. Which means it's covering the "file" dropdown menu.

Chariot

I, the great anustart, was blocked :'( Make me cry.
I didn't even enter, just sad that I'm not known as a regular D:
I certainly know your avatar, but I think I never read the name. I just now chuckled for the first time like a little boy about the first four letters.

Lol, I think MRORANGE would go bonkers having to create 6 threads a month because 700+ people were posting 5 posts a day just to be eligible for giveaways.

iosefe

Alright. I hope this works now.
I was gonna make it a 15 min raffle but apparently forgot to type "short". Ohwell. A sign that I should go to sleep! Happy holidays everyone!

you could always remake the raffle. it will update to be the short raffle
and also give you a chance to reconsider nowinnersdaily xD

The_Monk

I'm glad you are happy, bad days come and go, just like anything else in life. Just remember to keep focusing on the good stuff. I still remember when you first started posting in here, just keep being yourself, that is what matters the most.

Blech, having the flu during the holidays is full of suckage. I know that I don't post much but I just wanted to drop by and say thanks to you guys for being a great community. If you're on my friends list make sure your wishlist is up to date. It's so much easier to direct gift than modbot when I feel like I could fry an egg on my forehead. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow and through the new year!

Hope you can get better Chef, flu is terrible! I haven't seen you post a lot in here (different time zones, perhaps?) but I remember you from a long time ago, I think you were one of the first GAFfers I added on Steam!

Please take my advice and make the most of the time you have with your family/loved ones especially during this season. Once they are gone, you can never get that back.

cicero dropping some good advice, as always. Words filled with wisdom my friend, keep it up. :)

Lomax

Aww, I blocked so many good people. Ok, but this can be a good thing. Here's the list. I already sorted some out. Help me to clean the list of everyone cool. Then we can get a list out of it that can help to reject people who are not part of the community if anyone has the need for it for whatever reason.

--I actually do this sometimes. But sometimes I just feel like using different methods.Very nice given that there is no deal for the game this sale.

I'm first, yay! Oh wait...

bigzgod

It's not a workaround; rather, publishers generally forget to region-lock the gift sub that's awarded upon activating the gift/key.

Eh, the onlyallowrun tag hasn't really been used in recent times. Technically, with Valve basically applying the acrtag to everything from the store, it should also apply to the gifts from the 4 pack. That's why I consider it a workaround, especially since it's not the publisher applying the tag, it's Valve itself locking everything from the store in those regions, even when the game was previously ROW.

gngf123

:)

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (gngf123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Chariot is blocked from this giveaway.

Terraria -- MB-1DA62494DE69C73F - Taken by Pranay_. 5 entrants total.

t1419467768z1.png

Volimar

Is it weird that I'm just happy that I was on your friendlist to begin with?

Chariot

I'm first, yay! Oh wait...
Oh no, I accidentally blocked someone with a Tardis avatar. Please don't tell the Doctor.

We had a scrooge mcduck situation, but the ghosts of past, present, and future visited him and he repented.

santascrooge.jpg

I don't know what a Steam shovel is, but now I want one. Maybe I'll dig through my backlog faster
Hey ;___;
I actually bought those anime games extra for the giveaway, I didn't make a bargain by blocking people. :(
Is it weird that I'm just happy that I was on your friendlist to begin with?
I don't know, why I didn't see your name. I know both your name and your avatar. The cat is funny btw.

Not surprised I got booted off, haven't been as active since the community move.

Got the Bad Rats and other gag gifts sorted, including Sakura Spirit for someone who should appreciate its assets.

Water

I've been posting mostly on the sales thread, but here's one more giveaway on this side as well. This giveaway is lurker-friendly.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Water, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Warlock: Master of the Arcane -- MB-13E39768A9D982F1 - Taken by Bayonetta. 2 entrants total.
Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition -- MB-5278CCF4818FDE3E - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.

t1419477307z1.png

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Ittle Dew -- MB-3CB367EB5A802458 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 2 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-784A6AE573C91374 - Taken by famfrit. 1 entrants total.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War -- MB-7ACFE9773701C272 - Taken by xezuru. 3 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-B84112E28136D1FD - Taken by thereisnoif. 6 entrants total.
Mortal Kombat Kollection -- MB-36910A374153D365 - Taken by salazar547. 3 entrants total.
Magicka and Crusader Kings II -- MB-CB7DB3D2ADA7F006 - Taken by Belgarion. 6 entrants total.
Organ Trail: Director's Cut -- MB-0EF9078E30DF4044 - Taken by The Reloader. 6 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-E5F8416F3CB2ED9E
Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor, and Braid -- MB-B3CC40C9D0F7EB9F - Taken by WinterDemons. 4 entrants total.
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-8DDEC51FFAFBC801 - Taken by Xevo. 3 entrants total.
War of the Roses: Kingmaker -- MB-D7950E156F09FFE6
Waking Mars -- MB-7E096EE3AB0A13F6

t1419477487z1.png

Merry Christmas.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Understood, and reading from other comments people like the lines, I've chosen 5 layouts we could go for in the future, I'll choose from popular opinion on the matter on which heading most people like:

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

Option 4:

Option 5:

Unless the community Steam OT is officially changing into a general PC OT, which it already is used as by posters, including the Steam logo or text is superfluous.

Happy Holidays!

Haha, I know you're obviously kidding but here's a cute one...

3R8XoAX.gif

Ventara

CTL-F search "Ventara"

BLOCK Ventara

NOOOOOO!!!!11!1 Chariot-sama, why?!

It feels weird vouching for someone, you know? Like you're not sure if they turn out to be a douchebag and then that's on you because you said they were okay?

*scans list anyway*

You blocked CHUBIGANS?! Chariot, that's just...what is this...I don't even...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom