• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night's deal was successful so let's do it again.

Okay, so I want you to make one guess at a flash deal that will occur at 1 AM EST. Guessing will conclude at about 12:45 AM EST to keep everything fair.

If you edit, you will be disqualified.

If you guess more than one game, you will be disqualified.

If two people get a game right, the person whose post happened first wins.

The winner gets the game they guessed.

shantae risky's revenge pls

Okay, so I want you to make one guess at a flash deal that will occur at 1 AM EST. Guessing will conclude at about 12:45 AM EST to keep everything fair.

Recettear

Yrael

A spare from the Humble Bundle. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Yrael, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Imagine Me -- MB-43DEDDF070FD6AA0 - Taken by Altima. 6 entrants total.

t1419571872z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
...well, no shit. Obviously I can use those as a method of last resort but before that I can still try a few more things on my own. Are general comments on games we're playing through not allowed in this thread?

I mean, there's an OT for Ys Chronicles+ but nobody's posted in it for over a year so I'd hate to dig it up.

Corrosive is testy pretty much all the time. He can be very nice once in awhile though. Don't take it personally, not to say you have to put up with it.

I'm not as familiar with the series, but there are a few posters who are readily familiar with the Ys series; so this thread is probably the best place to ask as any. However, due to the holiday, there is no guarantee they are on.

maguskain

Hmmm...how about Magic 2014

baterism

Resident Evil 6

Varg

Banned
im starting to think that i should play yaiba on easy mode also dem loading times man , 35 seconds of waiting every time i die :s , aside from that im having fun with the game

35 seconds is a bit of a stretch. I just got to the lightning guys in chapter 3 I think and the load times have been pretty quick. I agree the game is fun though, highly overlooked and will forever be forgotten.

kurahador

Wasteland 2

Zeeman

Stick it to the Man

The Clannad thread is great.

Sekai Project starts a KS for a PC-Version of Clannad, no mention at all about a PSP/Vita version.
Vita-fans back it expecting a Vita version, while there is no indication about one.
"Where is my Vita version??? I backed the game to get a Vita version!"

maguskain

Okay, no more votes after this post. I apologize if you were composing your post as I wrote this.

Before all the posts come flying in shortly - wanted to say thanks for doing this. Fun little way to end the evening for me while waiting for the update.

ExoSoul

Banned

Has someone said Cave Story+?
If not that's my pick, if yes do I get to say another?
Evoland

Okay, no more votes after this post. I apologize if you were composing your post as I wrote this.
='<
Had to happen to someone ;)

My girl was about to hit me with the $100 steam wallet credit but it kept declining her card for some reason. I tried about five times.

Damn you gaben damn yoooooooooou

Flash deals

- Limbo (75% off)
- Verdun 1914-1918 (66% off)
- Darkness II (80% off)
- Next Car Game: Wreckfest (50% off)
- Hearts of Iron III (75% off)
- Dominions 4 (75% off)

Someone said Wreckfest, if I remember correctly.

zkylon

zkylewd
How's The Darkness II and is there a first Darkness?

i really really liked the darkness 2

like the tentacle thing is pretty fun but on top of that it's got like a surprisingly good and sweet love story with some one flew over the cuckoo's nest stuff thrown in for good measure. it's bizarre. the art is also very nice to look at, it's some weird comicbook like thing with very saturated colors and lots of contrast and stuff.

i really liked the gameplay too, very satisfying to like chop people in half with your tentacles

first darkness is console only. you don't have to play the first one to understand the story or anything (i didn't)

like i seriously highly recommend the darkness 2, it's one of those games that had no right being any good and actually was

Khronico

Quick 30 min impressions from games I got that are on sale:

Marvel Super Heroes: Very easy, looks really good and seems well optimized. I would recommend using a controller as it's not great to play with a keyboard. Will definitely play more.

Test Drive Unlimited 2: Great looking open world racer. The voice acting is horrendous, thankfully 99% of cutscenes are skippable. Driving feels good for the most part. Glad I got it.

I have an Final Fantasy XIII technical question.

I've been having this issue, where regardless of choosing "Controller Button prompts", instead of Keyboard, it always defaults back to Keyboard when I get into the game. It will be fine in the menu, but as soon as the game load completes, it's back to Keyboard.

Is this because I might have started the game with Keyboard prompts on? Does anyone know of an .ini file I can edit?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I just got my first card drop using the new version of Idle Master, and it went perfectly.

FuaDNCT.png

A few things it did when it detected that the card had dropped:
  • Changed "878 card drops remaining" (what it said before) to "877 card drops remaining". This is the total number of card drops the program has detected it can idle before it's finished.
  • Updated the progress bar below the image banner to reflect that I've earned 1/4 of the game's card drops. *Design not final.
  • Updated the text in the lower right to say "3 card drops remaining" (note: this will be in your Steam language)
So I'd call that a successful test run. Now I'm going to let 1954 Alcatraz finish dropping it's cards to see if the program will successfully move on to the next game. There's still a lot of work to do, but I'm making progress and thought I'd share!

So I just got my first card drop using the new version of Idle Master, and it went perfectly.

FuaDNCT.png

A few things it did when it detected that the card had dropped:
  • Changed "878 card drops remaining" (what it said before) to "877 card drops remaining". This is the total number of card drops the program has detected it can idle before it's finished.
  • Updated the progress bar below the image banner to reflect that I've earned 1/4 of the game's card drops. *Design not final.
  • Updated the text in the lower right to say "3 card drops remaining" (note: this will be in your Steam language)
So I'd call that a successful test run. Now I'm going to let 1954 Alcatraz finish dropping it's cards to see if the program will successfully move on to the next game. There's still a lot of work to do, but I'm making progress and thought I'd share!

That's awesome progress. Great work as always!

JustLynx

Leftover

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ballpoint Universe -- MB-85CC2A58FAB6E0A5 - Taken by rrvv. 1 entrants total.

t1419578354z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's awesome progress. Great work as always!

Thanks! I guess it's a good sign that my third drop just happened and it was a foil that's got a current low market price of $4.19.

oh-yes-reaction-gif.gif

Only one more drop and I can see if it will correctly move on to the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom