• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has the game made millions due to this whole 'Bad Rats' thing? I don't really know much about it, but I'm curious if being terrible worked out for the devs.

I think the whole "gag gift" thing has paid dividends. Behind Bad Rats you have Secret of the Magic Crystals, which released in 2010 and has had a few pieces of DLC released this year (i.e. four years later and some change).

Edit: Jgiajfisajifosajofhsajkh

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think the whole "gag gift" thing has paid dividends. Behind Bad Rats you have Secret of the Magic Crystals, which released in 2010 and has had a few pieces of DLC released this year (i.e. four years later and some change).

Edit: Jgiajfisajifosajofhsajkh

double post. you're stupid :3

JaseC

It was compensation for some Kickstarter game delay. Writer for that game was writer for Talos or something like that. So backers got coupon for 50% off Talos as compensation for waiting a bit more.

Ah. Nice of Croteam to sign off on that.

Coreda

Grrr. Wish the Steam level 20 range required more XP to progress, really prefer the red/orangey red color and have several badges I'd like but don't want the circle to turn yellow.

Darker

Banned
(Crosspost, sorry) I'm looking to buy Europa Universalis IV as a belated Christmas gift.

It's £17 or so on Steam - anyone got a -75% off voucher or know were I can bargain for one?

Alternatively, it's £10 at GameKeysNow.com. Anyone have any experience with this site?

Much appreciated.

EDIT: Found it for £8 on the Paradox Store! No worries, sorry for the bother.

Coreda

Color coordinated profiles are the best. If Zeliard leveled to blue it would be perfect.

zeliardztu1b.jpg
noisyturtle9gukm.jpg

Finished WolfieStein:TNO, it was a... really good shooter! Rather refreshing even. It doesn't bring anything new to the table but it's very well executed. Ending was kinda abrupt but there's a whole other campaign variation to go through together with tons of collectibles (My completion percentage was 51%).

If I have to nitpick something, maybe the "destructive environments with the laser" thing was kinda over sold, as most of the times you don't have the time to drill holes to shoot people through and running and gunning is more efficient anyway.

zkylon

zkylewd
omg there's an area in dead state that never ends

it's like a mega dungeon building that's like 7 stories high

i've been trying to get through it and go to sleep for the past three hours lol

Arthea

belated Merry Christmas steamgaf, I hope you are having a great time.
The good news - I'm back, the bad... I would like to know what I missed, like what deals were last two days, price mistakes, maybe unexpected bundles and such, also what have you all been up to? Or I shouldn't ask the last one? or any of it? (><)

JaseC

When will Wolfenstein (2009) come back to Steam?

Wolf09 wasn't included in the sale of id as it was still in development under Acti's wing at the time, so Zenimax would have either buy it outright or come to an agreement with Acti regarding a sales revenue split, neither of which are likely to happen any time soon. What's even more annoying is that Enemy Territory: Quake Wars did go with id to Zenimax and yet Bethesda has made no effort to bring it back.

Axass

Good morning SteamGAF, bought Spartan Assault on a whim. I love Halo's world and atmosphere. Hope I'm in for something good.

Asgaro

Sooo... Rockstar said they would release the requirements for GTA V PC this week.
The week is almost over and still no word.

Guess I should have anticipated this.

JaseC

Sooo... Rockstar said they would release the requirements for GTA V PC this week.

It's not like R* to be tardy. :p

Forgive my noobness but since when can we upload stuff like this?

Since 4eva. Visit a game's community hub, click the "Artwork" tab and you'l see an "Upload your artwork" button.

Happy to finally see Dominions 4 on sale, since I read this:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/10/18/wot-i-think-dominions-4-single-player/

"When selecting a player character, how is it possible to choose between a fountain of blood that demands sacrifices, granting great and terrible powers to its priests in return, and a giant angry bull that is almost always on fire?"

"This is a game in which Zeus can punch Cthulhu in the face and an immortal lich king can reanimate his fallen bodyguard to create a dread army, more powerful than the mortal flesh that the enemy so foolishly flayed from moon-white bones."

This diary is also fantastic: http://www.pcgamer.com/part-one-one-rocks-fight-to-become-top-deity/

"It occurs to me that as the leader of a race of demonic ogres who practise death magic, I am almost certainly the bad guy in this scenario. Phrases like 'leader of the Lankan Demon Cult' should have clued me in, I admit. I'm not really into the bloodslave virgin capturing thing (I'll stick to raising the bodies of the deceased, thank you very much). Sadly, there seems to be no way of releasing my captives, unless I magically distil them into gold, or death gems. Is that worse? That seems worse."

dex3108

My guess is that they forgot to put "s" in week :D So They meant to say "upcoming weeks" but community person forgot "s" so we got "upcoming week". IF they wanted to announce release for Sys Req they would say "next week".

Enco

Forget the requirements.

Lets just hope the game isn't delayed by another few months.. and then a few more. Before we know it, we'll get it in 2016.

cHinzo

PSA: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris is 7.50 at GMG with 25HAPP-YXMASF-ROMGMG.
Kind of cheap for a newly released game so I thought I'd mention it.
Thanks! Great price for this game.

Edit: nvm, gonna hold it off until it gets a 75% discount after reading all those mixed reviews. Would have bitten if it was an improvement over the great first game.

Lain

Did anyone win Speevy's game last night? Cuz these flash sales are....woof.

solid haul there.

and Happy Birthday?

Someone did. I just did a thread catch-up with and saw it, though I sped through it so name of winner didn't stick in my mind. Wreckfest was the game I think.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Forget the requirements.

Lets just hope the game isn't delayed by another few months.. and then a few more. Before we know it, we'll get it in 2016.

Their PC releases always seem to handily shit on every other version so I'm always fine waiting if I'm guaranteed that result.

Parsnip

Some stuff from past bundles, square surprise box etc etc. Blades of Time is on fire.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 26 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Parsnip, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deus Ex The Fall -- MB-3D3D12406E26A6B5 - Taken by swx. 3 entrants total.
Dracula 2: The Last Sanctuary -- MB-2ADD1C54E507528D - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.
Penguins Arena: Sedna's World -- MB-CE98D6D58302B348 - Taken by Tesseract
t1cxE6r.gif
Blades of Time Limited Edition -- MB-D515CD71027BA2BC - Taken by 7Sins. 3 entrants total.
Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon -- MB-4E5AC65E964C6EDC - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-78EDC238DAE629FC - Taken by XShagrath. 8 entrants total.
Scourge: Outbreak Ambrosia Bundle -- MB-57F2971A8DC0FE85 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-6B45158F3A68FE6A - Taken by Kiru
Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light -- MB-5C9AAF6494ADD0EC - Taken by MMBosstones86. 7 entrants total.
Pixel Puzzles: UndeadZ -- MB-8689CB457CDCBDBB - Taken by Ruruja. 1 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-3FE4656AA8C0E806 - Taken by Berto. 1 entrants total.
Steel & Steam -- MB-154620BE2B99CF8D - Taken by sensoft04
Galactic Arms Race -- MB-1CD3BE0965BAE2F7 - Taken by Scipius
Third Eye Crime -- MB-0A6E78D8C5BAADD4 - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Grimind -- MB-8E5F8D2DD9DCEC40 - Taken by mrks
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-91BCBECF440A91B3 - Taken by titch

Lost Civilization -- MB-7278131C051BB112 - Taken by ussjtrunks
LightFish -- MB-AA7E12D8522AE031 - Taken by Bayonetta
Blackbay Asylum -- MB-92CB5781B02C357D - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.
Star Ruler -- MB-592D5996AB772C23 - Taken by 7Sins. 1 entrants total.
Ichi -- MB-A1D15C21ABDA26E5 - Taken by chronomac. 2 entrants total.
Dracula: The Resurrection -- MB-8119B839F3D9E486 - Taken by JustLynx
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-96D5380BE88FFCF7 - Taken by 7Sins. 2 entrants total.
Reversion - The Meeting (2nd Chapter) -- MB-40DDFE311C2C0E8E - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
C-Rush -- MB-E80B08D3C96F6005 - Taken by agniswarm
Speed Kills -- MB-A8B34E78AF630D0D - Taken by Chreznor. 1 entrants total.

t1419604874z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom