• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Darkness 2 = Being more dark because of the number. Hue hue hue

daduntsh.gif

BasilZero

Maybe you guys know how to get cards from purchases and votes? Because i don't get any.

So far I've only gotten 1 card from all my purchases - then again I only purchased 3 games...so I guess thats that?

Voting should of gotten you cards though....odd.

The Bioshock Infinite DLC felt like the team who did it didnt really quite knew what they were going for.
Detective Story? No.
Stealth game? No.
Shooter? No.

Both parts of the DLC felt all over the place. As a detective game it wasnt good and felt totally linear.
As a stealth game it felt broken.
As a shooter it didnt feel satisfactory.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The Bioshock Infinite DLC felt like the team who did it didnt really quite knew what they were going for.
Detective Story? No.
Stealth game? No.
Shooter? No.

Both parts of the DLC felt all over the place. As a detective game it wasnt good and felt totally linear.
As a stealth game it felt broken.
As a shooter it didnt feel satisfactory.

But Bioshock was never a good shooter. (Except Maybe BS2)

Vazra

Short Impressions of Yaiba
+Combat is Fluid
+Looks good
+Decent OST
-The Fucking Camera
-Some encounters drag

Vazra

I know, i know. I just bought a game and it said "you'll get a card for this purchase" but i got nothing. Same for votes...

Some people had an error that didnt get cards but they showed up without notifications later IIRC. Steam has been a bit messy with the cards on this sale.

Deques

So, it seems that anyone who owns Nuclear Throne will get a free gift copy on 1st January 2015.

Is there anyone who want to split the cost with me? I am going to buy the game, and when I get the giftable copy you will have it for the half price :)

Thanks to yakkue, I got the pleasure to play the blackwell series (2 out of 4 for now).
The Blackwell series deals with a family that has a unique "gift" passed through every generation of the family. With the help of this "gift" you will help the deceased move on to the afterlife.
So far aside from a few times where the games would encounter an error, the blackwell series can be played in windows 8.1. I've past through two of them already, but nope I won't turn on the commentary even if there's an achievement for playing with them on.

Pros:
+ good story
+Neat artstyle
+good soundtrack

Cons:
-They are a bit short in length
-The puzzles are too easy in my opinion
-The games hang a bit at start for me

Recommended for point and click guys (and gals) like me, those who wants HD graphics / best visuals might get discouraged though. I need a cheerful games to clean my palate, thankfully a backlog is waiting for me.

Coreda

The only walkthrough for Detective Case and Clown Bot in: Murder in the Hotel Lisbon is in Chinese. Wish there were another guide somewhere. Stuck in a section and could use some pointers.

Yakkue

The only walkthrough for Detective Case and Clown Bot in: Murder in the Hotel Lisbon is in Chinese. Wish there were another guide somewhere. Stuck in a section and could use some pointers.

Where are you stuck? Someone who knows chinese might be able to translate that section of the walkthrough for you :)
Alternatively, you could look for a youtube playthrough and search for the part you're stuck at.

Coreda

Where are you stuck? Someone who knows chinese might be able to translate that section of the walkthrough for you :)
Alternatively, you could look for a youtube playthrough and search for the part you're stuck at.

Stuck with two characters in jail and require more evidence to question them. Seems from skimming through the Google translated version of the guide that I've missed a few things for a prior sidequest, but it's unclear what needs to be collected to continue.

Monooboe

Damn I really near to just buy Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition from GMG but GTAV is just around the corner and why not just wait for that? Also I have Sleeping Dogs already and didn't really like... so why do I want the Definitive Edition? These things just don't make sense sometimes.XD

It's a damn shame Ninja Gaiden never got PC ports. The first game is fucking great. Idk about the others because I never got around to playing them for some reason. It seems like it'd be a good idea now that they're embracing the market with DOA, Dynasty Warriors, etc

Damn I really near to just buy Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition from GMG but GTAV is just around the corner and why not just wait for that? Also I have Sleeping Dogs already and didn't really like... so why do I want the Definitive Edition? These things just don't make sense sometimes.XD
The temptation of e-penis enlargement is real, we all know that.

Indeed.o_O Too bad it doesn't work on them ladies.

Edit: Oh shiet, my ISP has upped my 10mbit to 100mbit over Christmas... I could get used to this, downloaded Verdun with an average of 8.3MB/S

You're messing with the wrong girls if they dont get super turned on by expansive steam libraries

Coreda

Yep, but even with all those items I still can't interview them. I'm beginning to think that not completing the previous sidequest somehow messed with the progress :/ For such a simple game world it's surprisingly finicky. Been everywhere.

One of the devs (F-Pina) usually roam GAF, try contact him.

Thanks, maybe I will although I'm guessing he probably appreciates game questions be asked on the Steam pages.

deejay

So I just got my first card drop using the new version of Idle Master, and it went perfectly.

FuaDNCT.png

A few things it did when it detected that the card had dropped:
  • Changed "878 card drops remaining" (what it said before) to "877 card drops remaining". This is the total number of card drops the program has detected it can idle before it's finished.
  • Updated the progress bar below the image banner to reflect that I've earned 1/4 of the game's card drops. *Design not final.
  • Updated the text in the lower right to say "3 card drops remaining" (note: this will be in your Steam language)
So I'd call that a successful test run. Now I'm going to let 1954 Alcatraz finish dropping it's cards to see if the program will successfully move on to the next game. There's still a lot of work to do, but I'm making progress and thought I'd share!

Is the 'bug' that if you log in on 2 seperate systems (with one running Idle Master) also fixed ? I usually run Idle Master and then eventually put my PC into sleep mode late at night. The next day at work (before having turned on my PC at home again) I login from there, and eventually get back to my own PC at home later that day. But sometimes it gives a red warning message then, which probably has something to do with the cookies. I have to extract the rar file again and copy-paste the original settings to get it back to work (I don't have to change the cookie data). How you heard of this problem ?
Next time I'll try to write down the message, that is a little more helpful ;)

Aww, I blocked so many good people. Ok, but this can be a good thing. Here's the list. I already sorted some out. Help me to clean the list of everyone cool. Then we can get a list out of it that can help to reject people who are not part of the community if anyone has the need for it for whatever reason.
I'm on the list :-(

Deques

Aww, I blocked so many good people. Ok, but this can be a good thing. Here's the list. I already sorted some out. Help me to clean the list of everyone cool. Then we can get a list out of it that can help to reject people who are not part of the community if anyone has the need for it for whatever reason.

I am on the list, it's all that matters :)

dex3108

So this is it GAF i think that i spent all Winter Sale budget this morning. Talos Principle and Hot Pursuit are last games for me. But maybe i go to bank today and add more money just in case if Bethesda goes berzerk and lowers Dishonored DLCs on one DD service (Nuuvem, Amazon, GMG, Steam...) :D

Durante

PSA: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris is 7.50 at GMG with 25HAPP-YXMASF-ROMGMG.
Kind of cheap for a newly released game so I thought I'd mention it.

Coreda

PSA: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris is 7.50 at GMG with 25HAPP-YXMASF-ROMGMG.
Kind of cheap for a newly released game so I thought I'd mention it.

Reposting this in the Steam News thread if you don't mind. The thread needs more love.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Usually the people that gloat that they don't have Bad Rats they get the game gifted.

I don't have bad rats. I will never accept it. Stay away!

Waking up to winning the Evil Within raffle was so unexpected. Its the only game i wanted out of the sale but was too broke from Christmas for it! Now the long install to play begins....

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So this is it GAF i think that i spent all Winter Sale budget this morning. Talos Principle and Hot Pursuit are last games for me. But maybe i go to bank today and add more money just in case if Bethesda goes berzerk and lowers Dishonored DLCs on one DD service (Nuuvem, Amazon, GMG, Steam...) :D

Talos is pretty good. If you found Portal 2's handholding overbearing then you'll feel right at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom