• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
omg i can't believe fucking postal won over dust. what a shitty audience the general stam public is

anyways brothers, gods will be watching and ftl are all excellent indie games for the prices they're at

go go go

Finally! Something on my wishlist got a discount I'd buy it at! Will pick up Gods Will Be Watching.
yo buddy, how you liking "the last express" i got you?

looked like a unique adventure game. i only got to know about it when i saw it on your wishlist.
Note that while the discount is the same damn 40% it always fucking is, the base price has been rising steadily.
that is the usual mo with early access games right?
it's just, even if i'd be saving 50 bucks from the regular price, there is a very low absolute barrier. and 16€ is definitely above that...
you were warned that the price would rise. shoulda got it at Summer Sale.
...13€ too.
but no biggie. i have patience.

think i'll get postal 2 and brothers. look like nice gifts for friends :)

rtcn63

omg i can't believe fucking postal won over dust. what a shitty audience the general stam public is

anyways brothers, gods will be watching and ftl are all excellent indie games for the prices they're at

go go go

I'm guessing many people own Dust from the Humble Bundle it was in.

iosefe

go go go

I can fully recommend FTL as a fan of space stuff

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Somebody stole my Win7 install disc somewhere in the last 4 months.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ My old case is too small for the best GTX970s, since it only takes up to about 29cm cards.

Gamestop (US only) has Typing of the Dead Overkill for 3$, Company of Heroes 2 for 7.5$ and Total War Rome II for 13$

Amazon has a Total War Rome II & Company of Heroes 2 bundle for 80% off (20$, so 0.5$ cheaper than the separates on Gamestop)

Gamersgate's daily is Fallout 3 75% off

WinGameStore has Wasteland 2 50% off

Games Republic added Finding Teddy 75% off and Fly'N 75% off

Iso files:
Win7 Professional (32 bit)
Win7 Professional (64 bit)

Win7 Ultimate (32 bit)
Win7 Ultimate (64 bit)

----

Windows USB/DVD Download tool

*DigitalRiver is an authorized distributor of licences and downloads for Microsoft software. So the files are free from malware.

Uzzy

Company of Heroes 2 DLC confuses me. What's worth getting?

That depends on what you want really. There's the three mission packs, Southern Fronts, Case Blue and Victory at Stalingrad, which offer a variety of single player/co-op missions of differing quality, some unique and interesting, others little more than glorified skirmishes. At the price they're at right now, I'd highly recommend them.

There's then the two stand alone army packs, Oberkommando West and US Forces. Those let you play as those armies online and in skirmish battles. If you're interested in multiplayer, I'd recommend them.

Finally, there's the recent Ardennes Assault, a stand alone single player campaign, inspired by the Battle of the Bulge. Featuring an meta-campaign map, it's a campaign that lets you tell your own stories and make strategic decisions, rather than making you play through several authored missions. I really like the look of it, and was hoping to pick it up this sale. Might still do, though I had been looking for a deeper discount.

Turfster

Why is thief so shit?

It's a "spectacle adventure" with one way doors in the middle of missions, loading screens everywhere that make it worse than Thief 3, broken stealth, stupid AI and uninspired mission design. The story is a Frankenstein of various other stories, leaving you with broken shards that make zero sense and don't engage you at all.

That's not even mentioning the stupid engine shit where there's HUGE CITY WIDE RIOTS that come down to like 2 people standing in a square shouting things, the PRESS BUTTAN REPEATEDLY FOR INTERACTIVITY, "look at this pretty animation that plays every single fucking time when you grab something and lasts seconds" and other stupid decisions.

Iso files:
I'd already found these, but thanks.

Pupo

It's a "spectacle adventure" with one way doors in the middle of missions, loading screens everywhere that make it worse than Thief 3, broken stealth, stupid AI and uninspired mission design. The story is a Frankenstein of various other stories, leaving you with broken shards that make zero sense and don't engage you at all.

I'd already found these, but thanks.

But you're the guy who doesn't like anything except cats and puppies, right?
just kidding, I trust you.

Vuze

Is CoD AW supposed to look like absolute crap texture-wise?
ibyJRBCMIAV089.jpg

I have a 970 (4GB VRAM obviously) and maxed out the settings. It runs just fine but it sure isn't pleasant to look at currently... any known glitches/fixes?

didamangi

I have a 970 (4GB VRAM obviously) and maxed out the settings. It runs just fine but it sure isn't pleasant to look at currently... any known glitches/fixes?

Turn cache shadow & cache sun off. It's a known bug.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Turn of both Shadow Cache options. Everything else should be fine maxed other than supersampling (obviously).

Can you (or anyone) provide examples regarding some hard choices you came across, if possible? I've been really curious about this game.

Please put it in spoiler tags if need.

I have only played it for 1,5 hours and I don't know if it's the hard choices but more of the... no choices I had to make:

- Kids come knocking my door asking for bandages for their dying mom. Can't give any because I had to give my last bandages for one of my survivors because raiders fucked them up while I was away scavenging (and not finding anything useful).

- Gave some of my food for an hospital in exchange of their services. Looters came in that night and stole rest of my food. One of my survivors died the next day trying to steal food because otherwise another of mine would have starved to death.

- Invest on one character to save others because he's the fastest and least fucked by raiders: he gets depressed. Have no choice but continue and he mentally breaks.
After that day he leaves the group at night alone, only to be shot by thungs the day after.

Ventara

yo buddy, how you liking "the last express" i got you?

looked like a unique adventure game. i only got to know about it when i saw it on your wishlist.

I haven't had a chance to play it, but if you're interested in it, I'll try it out tonight and let you know how it is. Btw, thanks again for it! I really appreciate it!

MUnited83

For you.
they don't even try to conceal it. just going straight to the raunchy jugular.
that is some crazy fan-service.. but damn, it works man. it works splendidly :/
i gotta give credit where credit is due though. the faces of the girls are really so cute.

...it looks like stupid fun and a nice joke gift -_-

oh next votes are already up?!
which you want me to vote guys? time force or abyss?
i ain't listening to nito's pr-hype. he's the devil in disguise folks.

shame banished is still so high. but it was expected since people really seem to dig it.
there are actually several cheap good games today but i'm sad none of it is on the wishlist of friends i planned on gifting :(

ok, will do!

ok, maybe not.
Buy it now or watch the price rise up further and further then :)

Spyware

For two days in a row I've been disappointed by the featured deals after having found something for me or my brother most other days. Thought I had good candidates on the wishlist. Still a bunch of days to go of course but I'm in a buying mood! Really hoping for one of the two interesting community choices so I can get something tomorrow. But with my luck none of them will win. :p

Getting Outland gifted to me made my day tho :3

abracadaver

That depends on what you want really. There's the three mission packs, Southern Fronts, Case Blue and Victory at Stalingrad, which offer a variety of single player/co-op missions of differing quality, some unique and interesting, others little more than glorified skirmishes. At the price they're at right now, I'd highly recommend them.

There's then the two stand alone army packs, Oberkommando West and US Forces. Those let you play as those armies online and in skirmish battles. If you're interested in multiplayer, I'd recommend them.

Finally, there's the recent Ardennes Assault, a stand alone single player campaign, inspired by the Battle of the Bulge. Featuring an meta-campaign map, it's a campaign that lets you tell your own stories and make strategic decisions, rather than making you play through several authored missions. I really like the look of it, and was hoping to pick it up this sale. Might still do, though I had been looking for a deeper discount.

Thanks. I have now bought all the DLC's that are 75% off. Will wait for the rest to get cheaper.

What's up with these DLC's though? Are they only cosmetic? I can't even see them in the steam client at all. The screen is from isthereanydeal.com.

coh2hfo27.jpg

Ventara

nah, play it when you want it :)

Eh, it's already installing, and if it turns out to be a good game, I want to let others know before the sale is up. Edit: Wait, there is no sale on it, lol.

Oh, and speaking of letting others know of good games; Legend of Grimrock 2 is FANTASTIC. I've only been playing for 5 hours but there's lots of varied environments, unique monster AI, secrets to discover and puzzles to solve. Will do a slightly more thorough review once I'm done, but this is one game to get. Thanks again to speevy for gifting me this!

The_Monk

I have only played it for 1,5 hours and I don't know if it's the hard choices but more of the... no choices I had to make:

- Kids come knocking my door asking for bandages for their dying mom. Can't give any because I had to give my last bandages for one of my survivors because raiders fucked them up while I was away scavenging (and not finding anything useful).

- Gave some of my food for an hospital in exchange of their services. Looters came in that night and stole rest of my food. One of my survivors died the next day trying to steal food because otherwise another of mine would have starved to death.

- Invest on one character to save others because he's the fastest and least fucked by raiders: he gets depressed. Have no choice but continue and he mentally breaks.
After that day he leaves the group at night alone, only to be shot by thungs the day after.

Thanks a lot for answering. Seems harsh indeed but I love the weight that your choices may impact on others. Seems to be limited quantities of everything so I'm guessing that even if you make some good item management you still won't be having enough to help others. If you die is game over and you have to start all over again or is there some sort of save game to previous points?

Again, appreciate the input. Game looks really interesting.

Sorely tempted to pull the trigger on that Dell U2715H monitor (2104 model refresh; 27" 1440p IPS goodness) to go with my new superpowered PC that'll be showing up Jan 5th. Given work for some reason decided to buy my computer, the bad voice in my head is telling me to burn up some of those savings by buying tons of nice peripherals (killer monitor! Das Keyboard!)

Thanks a lot for answering. Seems harsh indeed but I love the weight that your choices may impact on others. Seems to be limited quantities of everything so I'm guessing that even if you make some good item management you still won't be having enough to help others. If you die is game over and you have to start all over again or is there some sort of save game to previous points?

Again, appreciate the input. Game looks really interesting.

It probably isn't for someone that doesn't like getting fucked by the random number generator, but it most definitely is interesting. AFAIK there are no save points, so it's one (randomly generated) "make your own story".

These are just my early impressions, but I really liked the first 1,5 hours. The game doesn't guide you (at all), but you kinda figure it out as you go which I greatly like too. If you like FTL or something like that, it's definitely a game worth getting.

Uzzy

Thanks. I have now bought all the DLC's that are 75% off. Will wait for the rest to get cheaper.

What's up with these DLC's though? Are they only cosmetic? I can't even see them in the steam client at all. The screen is from isthereanydeal.com.

Purely cosmetic stuff, they change the look of your vehicle units. The store page to actually purchase them is only discoverable through the game itself, but here's the link. There's also faceplates you can buy. Commanders too, though those change the gameplay up quite a bit.

Thankfully, the set up of the game has changed since launch, and you can now get commanders, faceplates and unit skins as 'war spoils', after playing skirmish or online matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom