• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

Okay, contest is back on. Final round. This is a special one.

Guess a game that will be on the flash sale at 1:00 AM EST.

Guesses end at 12:45 AM EST.

One guess only.

If there are two correct guessers, the one who posted first wins.

Winner gets any game on Steam $14.99 or less. If you want more than one, that's fine but the total budget is $14.99.

Gang Beasts

Miguel81

RE4 has been quite a revisit after 8 or 9 years(PS2 Version). All the effects from the previously pre-rendered cutscenes are now in-game and it still looks pretty pleasing to the eyes. It's been more fun for me now than back then, as I've grown more tolerant of the action-heavy approach. Next up is a Pro run/Seperate Ways.

Really looking forward to REmake for that old school goodness.

Is Dishonored worth it if you've already played it on consoles?

I'm thinking of getting the GOTY Edition myself. Should be a lot cleaner than the PS3 version.

Lady Boyle's Last Party should be O.O

RE4 has been quite a revisit after 8 or 9 years(PS2 Version). All the effects from the previously pre-rendered cutscenes are now in-game and it still looks pretty pleasing to the eyes. It's been more fun for me now than back then, as I've grown more tolerant of the action-heavy approach. Next up is a Pro run/Seperate Ways.

Really looking forward to REmake for that old school goodness.

I'm thinking of getting the GOTY Edition myself. Should be a lot cleaner than the PS3 version.

Lady Boyle's Last Party should be O.O

you can get Dishonored:GOTY on GMG with the 20% off voucher cheaper than Steam

DrTeflon

Is anyone else having trouble with Steam? It keeps displaying stuff like I'm not signed in on my client. I tried signing in but that didn't help. Restarting didn't work either. Help?

I can't redeem or buy anything. Steam API is timing out.

Yep, all sorts of weird things happening. I purchased 2 games and they're still "pending" on my steam account. You can buy stuff using the website, but I cant at all using the client itself for some strange reason.

Cth

One guess only.

Winner gets any game on Steam $14.99 or less. If you want more than one, that's fine but the total budget is $14.99.

Broforce

Kanokare

One guess only.

Valdis Story: Abyssal City

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

One guess only.

The Marvellous Miss Take

Sometimes I find myself paralyzed on buying any indie games. I can't help but feel they'll get bundled.

On a long enough timeline, every indie game will get bundled, or so I hear. Don't buy games you're not going to play soon. Easier said that done for some :)

ExoSoul

Banned
Someone sell me on Red Faction Guerilla/Armageddon. I get the alure of blowing stuff up but with no interest in the first two games I feel like it just isn't worth it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Someone sell me on Red Faction Guerilla/Armageddon. I get the alure of blowing stuff up but with no interest in the first two games I feel like it just isn't worth it.

I've not played Armageddon, but Guerrilla's appeal comes entirely from being able to drive around the surface of Mars and blow stuff up -- as you might imagine, there's virtually nothing else to do when the open world you're given is a desolate planet. Once the novelty of the destruction system wears off, and it will, the game becomes very boring very quickly.

The first two games are really dated at this point. Guerrilla has little in common with them anyways. The destruction is just so satisfying and they give you a great variety of toys to play with. Weakening a building so it collapses with bad guys in it is such a treat. The multiplayer, if it's still active, is pretty damn good too.

dot

One guess only.

Killer is Dead...

BasilZero

One guess only.

Crysis 2 Maximum edition....lol

Edit: Wow another double post.....sorry wont do it again :x.

Yrael

One guess only.

Among The Sleep

BasilZero

Sometimes I find myself paralyzed on buying any indie games. I can't help but feel they'll get bundled.

I know dat feels ;(

I dont remember any single moment where I actually bought a indie game standalone.

They've always come in bundles for me especially my favorites like Cave Story+ and Beat Hazard Ultra.

Risk of Rain which is another fav of mine was gifted to me.

RedFyn

One guess only.

Don't starve

One guess only.

Ys Oath in Felghana

I know dat feels ;(

I dont remember any single moment where I actually bought a indie game standalone.

They've always come in bundles for me especially my favorites like Cave Story+ and Beat Hazard Ultra.

Risk of Rain which is another fav of mine was gifted to me.

The problems with bundles to me lately is, that because it was in a bundle the game might feel "cheap".

I mean I enjoyed when I bought hammerwatch at release and liked the game. But I am not sure I would have even started the game if I bought it from the HB.

abracadaver

One guess only.

Duck Tales

BasilZero

The problems with bundles to me lately is, that because it was in a bundle the game might feel "cheap".

I mean I enjoyed when I bought hammerwatch at release and liked the game. But I am not sure I would have even started the game if I bought it from the HB.

Almost every indie game I've played and enjoyed (aside from Risk of Rain which was gifted to me by a friend when he bought a 4-pack) I've gotten from humble bundle.

-LIMBO
-NightSky
-CaveStory+
-Beat Hazard Ultra
-To The Moon

But I understand where you are coming from though :eek:.

BorntoPlay

One guess only.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero

BasilZero

That's why it didn't work...it expired

I used a voucher they sent me on the 26th that was good until January 2nd

Whoops

I just found the one you are talking about that expires on the 2nd of Jan...

But I just used it and it didnt work - "Add Voucher" is greyed out o_O.

Did you receive an e-mail from them on the 26th? Starts with "Green Grogre Sale" but doesn't mention 22% off till the end of the description.

Yes I found it just now.

FTL and Insurgency were in bundles.

I won both on Modbot, didn't even buy the damn bundles.

Both are among my fave games of past few years.

>60 hours played and counting on each.

Miguel81

Oh, it lit up....but now it says "Unable to add the Voucher"

~__~

What the...I've never even used it....does it not work on Dishonored GOTY? D:

Is there a space before the first letter/number? That would cause it to not register.

Edit: After I press add voucher, sometimes I also have to press continue for it to show the discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom