• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasilZero

weird...worked for me today

The GOTY version is what I bought and the code worked on it

Well it worked but I got a new message now...whats going on D:

It says "The voucher you have applied cannot be used in conjunction with GMG Credit.
If you would prefer to use GMG Credit, please remove the vouchers
."

Except...I have no GMG Credit >.>.....

Is there a space before the first letter/number? That would cause it to not register.

Nope.

xezuru

Oh, it lit up....but now it says "Unable to add the Voucher"

~__~

What the...I've never even used it....does it not work on Dishonored GOTY? D:

I would check all permutations of the code or even some other codes, but from my experience GMG's exceptions/exclusions from discount codes are for like PACKs/Season Passes/Bundle and such like that. GOTY may be under that category in this case.

Well it worked but I got a new message now...whats going on D:

It says "The voucher you have applied cannot be used in conjunction with GMG Credit.
If you would prefer to use GMG Credit, please remove the vouchers
."

Except...I have no GMG Credit >.>.....

Nope.

look on the right hand side where the little receipt is...does it show the discounted ($7.95) price after you use the code?

Flash deals

- The Banner Saga (75% off)
- Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse (66% off)
- Prototype 2 (75% off)
- DIRT 3 (75% off)
- Deadlight (90% off)
- Deponia: The Complete Journey (80% off)

ExoSoul

Banned
I've not played Armageddon, but Guerrilla's appeal comes entirely from being able to drive around the surface of Mars and blow stuff up -- as you might imagine, there's virtually nothing else to do when the open world you're given is a desolate planet. Once the novelty of the destruction system wears off, and it will, the game becomes very boring very quickly.
The first two games are really dated at this point. Guerrilla has little in common with them anyways. The destruction is just so satisfying and they give you a great variety of toys to play with. Weakening a building so it collapses with bad guys in it is such a treat. The multiplayer, if it's still active, is pretty damn good too.
Thank you, I think I'll pass then.

New flashes are up, Deadlight is dirt cheap.
I also recommend the first Prototype (not sure about the port quality) and let's just pretend the second never existed.

Speevy

Banned
It's not fair to reward anyone if I can't reward everyone, and I don't have the money to reward everyone.

We'll do it again tomorrow with a $20 prize.

BasilZero

look on the right hand side where the little receipt is...does it show the discounted ($7.95) price after you use the code?

You mean under "basket"?

It shows 22% OFF Voucher for -$2.24 but it says total you pay: $10.19....which is how much it costs without the voucher o_O

You mean under "basket"?

It shows 22% OFF Voucher for -$2.24 but it says total you pay: $10.19....which is how much it costs without the voucher o_O

something must be screwing up then because if it's showing you the discount then it should work...you may have to email them and see if they can do it for you manually

RS4-

Lol fuck, was thinking Banner Saga for Speevy's good times, but then I wasn't sure if it was a daily already.

GG.

I also recommend the first Prototype (not sure about the port quality) and let's just pretend the second never existed.

Deadlight isn't worth anyone's time. And I couldn't stomach much of Prototype but the second one was a lot of fun even if James Heller is so obnoxious.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
All the broken sword games are 66% including the recently released 4

ExoSoul

Banned
Deadlight isn't worth anyone's time. And I couldn't stomach much of Prototype but the second one was a lot of fun even if James Heller is so obnoxious.
True that the trailers over-hype it and are full of empty praises but I'm sure it has some redeeming qualities to it, for the current asking price it's well worth the try.
As for the Prototype preference... We clearly want different things from our games =)

Jørdan

Viking Conquest has been reduced in price by £1 sometime today, perhaps due to an initial mistake in pricing or more likely the response to another shitty DLC launch.

Kagemusha

I just spent the last 4 hours transferring data to my new Wii U! Set up club Nintendo account and took surveys. Realized some stuff is on sale and a delux promo ends in two days. Now I need to see if I can stop by Target or BB and get credit tomorrow. Strange seeing Tetrabots, Toki Tori and Steam World Dig on eShop. It's like my backlog is chasing me.

RedFyn

Thank you, I think I'll pass then.

I've played a good amount of the first one and enjoyed it. What's wrong with the second?

Hello everyone.

I see I'm not the only one that's been away a while. Real Life became so much more complicated and busy that I even stepped away from gaming for most of the year (with the exception of the meta-game of increasing my backlog, of course).

It's good to see the familiar crew here.

Hello :). It's good to see you too :). :eek: You're still a Junior?

ExoSoul

Banned
I've played a good amount of the first one and enjoyed it. What's wrong with the second?
Where do I begin: the story isn't even passable, the character was written by 13 y.o. who thinks that a good edgy character needs to cuss every two words, the V.A. is mostly ok but the main character is terrible, everything that was fun in Prototype was removed or changed.

The new enemies and powers kinda make up for it and if mindless distruction is what you want that's what you'll get but don't expect it to be as solid as the first one.

Edit: Heh, seems like now I'm on the other side of people being too harsh with a game :)
It's just that the first game actually had plot development and Mercer was a character that no matter if you liked him or not you could understand his reasoning and his goal behind his actions. James just has a goal and nothing besides it, the game could be half as long and it wouldn't change drastically. The powers seemed to have a greater difference between them and more importantly a role while in Prototype 2 you'll end up using the one you like the most/feel more comfortable because at the end they'll be pretty similar with the exception of 1.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I think yesterday was the first time I posted in SteamGAF in months :eek:. It's nice to be back :).

Welcome back! :)

Jame Retief said:
I see I'm not the only one that's been away a while. Real Life became so much more complicated and busy that I even stepped away from gaming for most of the year (with the exception of the meta-game of increasing my backlog, of course).

Right there with you guys. Didn't play a game this month until a couple days ago when I started Shadow of Mordor, and didn't post on GAF in that time period either. =/ Holidays are crazy.

Toki767

Hmm...I have the first 3 Broken Sword games...I feel like I should buy 4 and wait for Broken Sword 5 until the Summer sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom