• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back! :)

Right there with you guys. Didn't play a game this month until a couple days ago when I started Shadow of Mordor, and didn't post on GAF in that time period either. =/ Holidays are crazy.

Thanks :) and thanks for my festive greetings message from you on Steam. Sorry I didn't reply, I was in my best Bah, humug! frame of mind! :D

Good to see you in here too. Hope life settles down for you soon!

Hey Guys!

Can someone invite me to the Steam NeoGAF Group?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xGregVE

Thanks.

Done. Thank you Nabs!

I just tried but the community side of Steam seems to be pretty borked at the moment. I've bookmarked your post and will try again later on when Valve have fixed it.

[Ah, you have been attended to :)]

Right, I'm off down the sea front to see the sunrise! Toodle pip old chaps :).

Knurek

Oh, and for people contemplating Deponia... Don't.
Or at the very least don't read the developer's commentary - main game designer comes out as terribly douchey there, practically bragging he made some scenes so complex the entire staff had to stay overtime to implement it.
Does not sound so well, especially with what we already know about workplace conditions at Daedalic...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I couldn't find it (and I did page search for "to beat"). Maybe ES hasn't updated for me. Or it doesn't show up on all games.

hltb1rpc1.jpg

Manually install the latest version of ES if you're not seeing it.

ExoSoul

Banned
So...
Apologies if this isn't the place for it but anyone got an extra Clementine or Silver?
I have 2 Blases, 4 Rhombus, 4 Sages and 2 Tenders x.x

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hello everyone.

I see I'm not the only one that's been away a while. Real Life became so much more complicated and busy that I even stepped away from gaming for most of the year (with the exception of the meta-game of increasing my backlog, of course).

It's good to see the familiar crew here.

Then you never truly left us. ;)

Glad to see that life has returned to a semblance of normalcy for you.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
So...
Apologies if this isn't the place for it but anyone got an extra Clementine or Silver?
I have 2 Blases, 4 Rhombus, 4 Sages and 2 Tenders x.x

I sell my extras. The market price for all cards should crash as the expiration date looms.

autoduelist

Or at the very least don't read the developer's commentary - main game designer comes out as terribly douchey there, practically bragging he made some scenes so complex the entire staff had to stay overtime to implement it.
Does not sound so well, especially with what we already know about workplace conditions at Daedalic...

Care more about the game itself than how someone came off in a commentary, where it's easy to misinterpret something. Game seems to get pretty stellar reviews... not sure I want a point & click though.

Wok

It is so good to have two threads for Steam, one for sales and for the usual thread. No more frenzy going on, which used to make the thread impossible to follow.

Lots of the long-time mates on this page.

Knurek

Care more about the game itself than how someone came off in a commentary, where it's easy to misinterpret something. Game seems to get pretty stellar reviews... not sure I want a point & click though.

It's a terrible point and click game as well.
Looks amazing, true, but that's the only thing it has going on.
Example puzzle: So, you need to wake up a character from a coma. Obviously, you need an expresso. Obviously, to make an expresso you need battery acid, taurine, booze, gunpowder, chili pepper and an upper. Obviously.
Each of these ingredients is a nonsensical puzzle, but the taurine sticks out even more, since you get taurine from using a syringe on a rodeo mechanical bull. Said mechanical bull needs to be made horny first (by posting a picture of a cow on a notice board that's behind him, obviously) and then pissed off, by putting a red cloth over the notice board.
Obviously.

GermanGAF, am I missing something here? Does this puzzle make more sense in German?

Speevy

Banned
Example puzzle: So, you need to wake up a character from a coma. Obviously, you need an expresso. Obviously, to make an expresso you need battery acid, taurine, booze, gunpowder, chili pepper and an upper. Obviously.
Each of these ingredients is a nonsensical puzzle, but the taurine sticks out even more, since you get taurine from using a syringe on a rodeo mechanical bull. Said mechanical bull needs to be made horny first (by posting a picture of a cow on a notice board that's behind him, obviously) and then pissed off, by putting a red cloth over the notice board.
Obviously.

So...point-and-click adventure games?

Obviously.

GermanGAF, am I missing something here? Does this puzzle make more sense in German?

It doesnt. But so didnt some of the puzzles in MI 1. I mean who thought you can use a rope with a toy chicken?

Deponia is aweful, not even funny, it has some animal abuse that is plainly disgusting, I started playing the trilogy and stoped midway in the second game.

There are tons of better point and click adventure games, Cognition for example is infinitely superior.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Should I grab Elminage Gothic now, because I doubt it'd go flash or daily.

Also how's The Long Dark?

Miguel81

I've only played through the first Broken Sword. It was released in the US as "Circle of Blood" for some odd reason. What I remember most/worst was getting stuck on that damn goat section in Ireland. Overall, it was a nice game and I'll never forget the "Paris in the Fall" section of the intro.

Kanokare

I hope Shantae goes on a bigger sale by the next 2 flash sales. I wanna buy it for a friend since he bought me Shovel Knight. Will end up buying it tomorrow and risk the possible further discount that may/will enfold after I buy it.

Boss Doggie

The Banner Saga is currently a flash sale for 75% off, chances of it going lower are practically nonexistant.

Actually, after computing, it seems I can get both even if Eliminage doesn't go on sale! With that in mind I'll wait for Elminage to go on sale then.

zkylon

zkylewd
having some personal stuff to work out atm so imma be staying away from neogaf for a while

thanks to everyone that sent kind words my way and gifted me stuff over these past few weeks. i was honest overwhelmed and brought to tears by your kindness and i'm sorry i'm repaying you by leaving :/

anyways, have fun at new years, talk to you all later

dex3108

Morning SteamGAF. Any price mistakes in past 10 hours? :D

People should play Shovel Knight during winter season :D Then they will understand power and importance of the shovel XD

having some personal stuff to work out atm so imma be staying away from neogaf for a while

thanks to everyone that sent kind words my way and gifted me stuff over these past few weeks. i was honest overwhelmed and brought to tears by your kindness and i'm sorry i'm repaying you by leaving :/

Hope it all goes well for you! Take the time you need.

yogloo

I lost my wallet on Christmas. Had to block all my credit cards so I am unable to buy anything afterwards. Tomb raider popped up and I have been eyeing it for awhile. Sold a bunch of my cards that I got with idlemaster and bought it.

I would like to publicly thank jshackles for his amazing creation that helped feeding into this addiction. Thanks J!!

Monooboe

See you next year and I hope everything goes well!

Boss Doggie

do you not want to do 2 purchases or what?
Yeah, that's what I'm having trouble understanding here. Buy Banner Saga now and hope Elminage gets a further discount, which it might, considering it was only $3.99 in the recent autumn sale.

Yeah that's what I am doing after I computed the price. I guess my wording is bad :p

I still need impressions on The Lone Dark.

dex3108

Have a nice New Year and see you next year. Just be positive.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Can be money laundering but its not that easy to transfer money to bank from steam wallet.

Nah, that is not a problem.

Problem is the margins that I'm playing with using rough figures. Eh, I'll look into the details in a few hours when I have time.

I got a booster pack this morning. Angels of Fasaria 2D RPG. I'm still kind of baffled that out of all the games in the build a greenlight bundle 8; where my key came from this is one of the two to be Greenlit so far. Well at least that is another badge to craft...in Summer (I craft to sell cards).

Having played two of the other RPG maker games on Steam (Steel & Steam and Victim of Xen) Angels of Fasaria has been the worst one yet and probably won't be beaten there. The problem with all of them so far (and many JRPGS) is they are mind numbingly easy (not helped by the basic turn based system) or rather their difficulty curve resembles a tan graph (so non existent except for that point where it becomes infinitely hard/easy i.e. a battle completely wipes your party with no warning), in the case of Victim of Xen putting a very strong weapon in the second town you can reach and then a way to grind money in the third seems like an oversight and means I've probably cheesed my way through that. Weapon costs being linearly proportional to power also doesn't help.

Steel & Steam feels like it will never be completed. You just have to look at how big the first two towns are to get worried (the second one has multiple Inns for goodness sake) and also get confused as en-route to the second town you pass a town that you can't enter, like couldn't they have put some of the stuff into that? To give Steel & Steam credit it does have a number of side quests and a menu to review them in and the game does have points of no return which it warns you about.

ArjanN

Nah, that is not a problem.

Problem is the margins that I'm playing with using rough figures. Eh, I'll look into the details in a few hours when I have time.

The margins don't really matter that much if you got all the money by scamming people anyway. :p

I'll probably be a Junior for a while. I do much more lurking than posting so just to get to the post threshold is likely going to be a long time. I'm good with that. :)

Thanks. :)

Well if that's what works for you then more power to you sah :).

*checks your profile* :eek: You post even less frequently than I do! You weren't kidding! :D

Got this in the email and I already have it so here goes in case someone wants it.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Penguins Arena: Sedna's World -- MB-73F82CB73BF9C18B - Taken by Deques

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom