• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

Foil badges are for suckers.

My foil Dave Lang badge says you are wrong.

ad70eafde63630b7a56a8c83c046ea6a3225d4fe.png

autoduelist

Grr. I bought the Men of War Complete Set but unless I'm missing something it seems almost unplayable on my laptop. Not performance, it runs just fine, but from what I can tell camera movement is mapped to a numpad I don't have and the touchpad is nowhere near as good as a mouse for this game. Darn darn darn.

He doesn't have to buy the game he guessed.

The only reason I changed the rules two nights ago was because it was to be the final round.

I said it was a special round. I figured people would be more motivated by the choice than by the random chance of guessing some $2 game they already had.

Oh. I really liked it when it was people guessing games they desperately wanted (not $2 games they already had). I knew you could pick anything, but I though that meant you got your game plus anything else up to $25 total.

Awesome win then! Do we get to find out what was picked?

Deques

Sigh... every time Speevy is doing the guessing game I am sleeping. Why do I miss them every time >.<
I want to guess a game too :p

Did you defeat kalameet? That is the only boss I have been unable to beat. Some individuals told me it was easy, and to those people I say fuck u.

Yeah, I used a similar strategy to what you see on Manus if you check my video, but I really went balls to the wall and had the Red Tearstone ring going instead of using Power Within.

Unfortunately Shadowplay took a dump or something while I was having my successful run, so I didn't get it recorded, but after putting in all the time, I thought he was easier than Manus. He's much more predictable and while he has one or two cheap attacks that can catch you if you're unlucky, the Manus speed+aggression+dark magic factor made him a bit harder for me.

He wasn't easy. But he was a hell of a lot more predictable for me, which worked out well enough.

I patterned my run after what this guy did on SL1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8YsJSU1JYg

I got his tail last night and then took him out today.
I ended up using fire orbs instead of great combustion for the range... works rather well.

autoduelist

So first my last minute buy of Men of War was a bust since it controls so badly on my laptop, and next I spend 30 minutes researching how to get Defcon working because it wasn't playing well with my resolution only for it to Fatal Error when trying to load the tutorial.

I knew I should have just picked up my vita today.

EDIT - important question.

So after wasting all my gaming time tonight (as per above) I decided to stay up extra late and get a little gaming in. So I booted up Quest of Dungeons because I found the name appealing...

and it's having the same issue Defcom did --

I have a 3200x1800 resolution laptop, and both games boot up into... well, I have no idea. I'm only seeing about 1/4 of the title screen.

Changing the resolution of my laptop didn't fix Defcom, it would reset to 3200x1800 as soon as I booted into the game, and then only display a quarter of the screen. The fix was going into a Defcom preference file and changing the height/width from 3200x1800 (I suppose it autodetected?) to 1280x800, at which point it displayed correctly.

Does anyone have a 'permanent' solution for this problem? If I'm going to have to research how to get my games displaying correctly all the time I'm going to lose it. The few other games I've played on this new computer (dungeon of the endless, breach & clear) displayed fine, but this is two in a row that don't.

Mokoi

Banned
snip snip
Well congratulations!

I should make beating kalameet a new years resolution for January. I was stubborn and refused to look up a video on how to beat him relatively easily. After becoming frustrated at losing I would only try to beat him while pretty drunk, which thinking about it now was not a very good idea. Also I want to watch yo vídeos, but I'm in bumfuck nowhere right now, so my coverage is spotty. XD

Corpekata

Banned
Why would the Aliens games be getting nuked if Sega still clearly has the license? I could get AVP, maybe the Predator license expires but why would Colonial Marines disappear?

Vibranium

Banned
Can't say I'm sad about Colonial Marines or AvP, though I hope people who want copies get them. Still have to play Isolation, I was going to, but I've been playing a lot of smaller and less recent games lately.

If there's anything I wish I could get though, it would be Dark Sector, that game was cool as heck even if it did have a lot of issues. Pulled off of Steam before I could get it on PC. :(

Corpekata

Banned
Can't say I'm sad about Colonial Marines or AvP, though I hope people who want copies get them. Still have to play Isolation, I was going to, but I've been playing a lot of smaller and less recent games lately.

If there's anything I wish I could get though, it would be Dark Sector, that game was cool as heck even if it did have a lot of issues. Pulled off of Steam before I could get it on PC. :(

Huh? It still is buyable for me in the US.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Dark Sector wasn't pulled, it's just not available everywhere.

Ban Puncher

tumblr_inline_mi4xkjygA21qz4rgp.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Man Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
Aliens: Colonial Marines -- MB-65BD805E865958D0 - Taken by Arthea. 17 entrants total.

t1420029399z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom