• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu(e)

Could always sell them to buy more games with cards.

Then I can idle those games, yeah!.

I always kind of thought I should maybe craft some badges and "level up" my steam account so I could get booster packs more often and then start selling cards. Is it better just to sell them off now? Also got quite a few foil cards.

pahamrick

Then I can idle those games, yeah!.

I always kind of thought I should maybe craft some badges and "level up" my steam account so I could get booster packs more often and then start selling cards. Is it better just to sell them off now? Also got quite a few foil cards.

I'm unsure on how often booster packs drop. I'm level 20 and I get maybe 1 or 2 booster packs a month it seems like. I would personally just sell the cards and use the money for the last couple days of the sale.

I unloaded the majority of the cards I had, plus all my friends cards he gave to me since he has no interest in them to even sell em, and I netted almost $40 for the sale on top my $50 total budget.

Just got to Chapter 3 in The Witcher and Im starting to understand all of the hype

sex trading cards are the most brilliant of ideas

Monooboe

Just got to Chapter 3 in The Witcher and Im starting to understand all of the hype

sex trading cards are the most brilliant of ideas

I got the collectors edition of that game on release and looked in the artbook before playing the game, you can imagine my surprise when I got to the section in the book that showcased those cards.:D

rickyson1

played through transistor and did it in one sitting

game was much better than I thought it would be maybe I should play bastion too

edit: I played two games this year that had a lot of scripting and such in them the last of us and transistor,and I vastly preferred the latter

With the revival of Dark Souls, I wanted to get my hands on the Official Guide, which unfortunately is out of print, and kind of rare. So this...

aNRk8p7.png

...feels pretty damn good. I just came on in and sniped that sumbitch. And it only costs $10 more than MSRP.

The former. Game content is never pulled.

Edit: D'oh.
This should be digital content distribution's standard, but it's not the case. Every time iTunes pulls something off store, you are screwed, it's even worse for videos because they are DRM protected.

Milamber

Early Happy New Year to you guys.

I'm gonna be out soon and I 'm gonna be plastered until the 1st of January. Won't be back in this thread for at least 20 hours.

Tizoc

hAPPY NEW year in advance SteamGAF =3

Early Happy New Year to you guys.

I'm gonna be out soon and I 'm gonna be plastered until the 1st of January. Won't be back in this thread for at least 20 hours.

Mind sticking around for just 1 more hour?

Tizoc

ANNcsDx.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches DLC -- MB-ABF311E8EB0FE07C - Taken by eyeless. 25 entrants total.

t1420035643z1.png

Monooboe

Noooo, Steam went all Finnish on me, not the Store but all the community stuff, like profile and such. Please tell me there is a way to change it back to English?

sprinkles

No FF14 on sale when that's the only Final Fantasy on Steam missing in my account makes me sad. That's on top of the sadness that FF X HD Remastered for the Vita never goes on PSN sale. Sadness all around, I'm gonna play more FF13 later.

Tizoc

For the new page in case someone misses it :V
ANNcsDx.gif

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches DLC -- MB-ABF311E8EB0FE07C - Taken by eyeless. 25 entrants total.

t1420035643z1.png

Bigby

Noooo, Steam went all Finnish on me, not the Store but all the community stuff, like profile and such. Please tell me there is a way to change it back to English?

It happened to me a few days ago when my game crashed. I restarted Steam and it was in English again.

In case someone doesn't want to bother.
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Memories of a Vagabond -- MB-4139D80252CA0A20 - Taken by Xevo

Arthea

If anybody is doing Metal Slug X 2-Pack I want in, I just can't host, I'm in the most expensive land.

Oh. The Monday bundle is now a buck. Might jump in now.

I like how indegala punishes early buyers lately
not really, don't like at all, seeing as I bought that bundle for one game...

I just noticed Trails In the Sky have 13 cards to collect, what do you guys think about that?
On one hand 7 will drop, and you can sell them for 0.13 an average per card. On the other hand it will cost almost 7.50 dollars to get a level 5 badge.
So what's better? Less cards for an easier badge progress or more cards for more money to be added to your wallet?

derExperte

Oh. The Monday bundle is now a buck. Might jump in now.

Thanks, got it for Leviathan.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

White Noise Online -- MB-DF926BB3DB49BE19
Stick it to The Man! -- MB-4AF5F8DBAB1AA952 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 6 entrants total.

t1420028328z1.png

I just noticed Trails In the Sky have 13 cards to collect, what do you guys think about that?
On one hand 7 will drop, and you can sell them for 0.13 an average per card. On the other hand it will cost almost 7.50 dollars to get a level 5 badge.
So what's better? Less cards for an easier badge progress or more cards for more money to be added to your wallet?

That's assuming you're going to buy each card individually. You could buy sacks of gems and craft two booster packs with each - with 13 cards, it only costs 462 gems to get a booster. Trade for the rest, and that cuts down the price per card. You could even get a foil...

Blu(e)

I like how indegala punishes early buyers lately
not really, don't like at all, seeing as I bought that bundle for one game...
Yeah I'm not a fan of this as well. I didn't realize they did this. Makes me less inclined to pick up a bundle from them early since their "pick it up for cheap in the first 24 hours" doesn't mean a thing.

tebunker

Banned
Okay, Locust is the winner!

Congratulations!

I'll find him on Steam and we'll deal with the particulars.

Thank you all for participating.

Figures when I guess right, Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, it's after others correctly guess other right games earlier, and no one notices.

Congrats to Locust and thanks to you Speevy for making the thread get a little crazy every night. It's super generous of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom