• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Hey Steam-GAF. I am in the process of building a new PC and I was wondering what controller you would recommend buying to go along with it for Steam gaming. I have never owned a console or controller for gaming, but I want to play some games for which a controller is required (such as Dark Souls). I'm not too concerned about wireless vs. wired. What would be the easiest option for Steam gaming? I've heard the Xbox controller is pretty much just plug and play, would that be a good choice for what I'm looking for?

Xbox 360 controller is plug and play, along with a few 3rd party controllers that are recognized as a 360 controller, such as the Logitech F710 (wireless) and F510 (wired), which is what I use personally.

I wholeheartedly agree. I spent most of the sale gifting others rather than buying for myself and it has been a great experience, especially with surprising people with gifts. :)

gifting >>> receiving if you know who to give to.

maty

Ready or not, here it comes.

Guess one game from the flashes that will be announced at 1:00 AM EST.

If you edit, you will be disqualified. If you pick two games, you will be disqualified. If you previously won, you are disqualified.

If there are two correct guessers, the person who guessed first is the winner.

The winner gets any game on Steam, not to exceed $25. If you want more than one game, that's fine. The total budget is still $25.

Please have a game in mind at 1:00 AM EST. I will end the voting at my discretion around 12:45 AM EST. Please make yourself available to receive your prize.

Let's go with Magicka :p

Beelzebubs

If you edit, you will be disqualified. If you pick two games, you will be disqualified. If you previously won, you are disqualified.

The winner gets any game on Steam, not to exceed $25. If you want more than one game, that's fine. The total budget is still $25.

Please have a game in mind at 1:00 AM EST. I will end the voting at my discretion around 12:45 AM EST. Please make yourself available to receive your prize.

Age of Mythology.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Shut up veggie, the only gift you give is the gift of bad phone recommendations!

Hey Steam-GAF. I am in the process of building a new PC and I was wondering what controller you would recommend buying to go along with it for Steam gaming. I have never owned a console or controller for gaming, but I want to play some games for which a controller is required (such as Dark Souls). I'm not too concerned about wireless vs. wired. What would be the easiest option for Steam gaming? I've heard the Xbox controller is pretty much just plug and play, would that be a good choice for what I'm looking for?
360 and bone work well, bone has a better dpad but worse sticks to me. Ds4 works great and is great aside from battery life. Can't go wrong with any of those.

Yup, wired 360 controller is plug and play and they're only about $30. It's a really great controller.

Fair few of these guessed games have already showed up earlier on, I think. Speevy might be going another day yet at this rate.

E: Also. Still siting on the fence for Child of Light. What do you say here, Steam GAF? Yes, no?

Do you like older Final Fantasies? European tales? Swimming sections in Rayman Origins? If you do, get CoL. What a great game.

Annubis

Long Live the Queen

Speevy

Banned
Okay, voting over.

Please hold up a candle and hope that against all odds, one game within the hallowed grounds of the last several pages of this thread finds its name flashed upon the front page of Steam's sales.

Card Boy

Banned

Double Dragon Neon

Okay, voting over.

Please hold up a candle and hope that against all odds, one game within the hallowed grounds of the last several pages of this thread finds its name flashed upon the front page of Steam's sales.

welp within seconds too!

Speevy

Banned
As always, you guys are my unofficial judges. I'll name a winner, but if I get it wrong, please correct me. I want the right person to get it.

Ban Puncher

Everyone, prepare your F5 button.

qApxXhz.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm having a really good time with Final Fantasy XIII. I'm on Chapter 6, and really like how the game is constantly changing the look of it's surroundings. Yeah it's incredibly linear, and limited in exploration so far, but I really dig the battle system. Somehow, I'm not tired of the Cutscene>Walk>Fight>Walk>Cutscene>Walk>Fight>Walk>etc. formula, which is surprising to me.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it through, and moving to XIII-2 which a lot of people seemed into.

Cool game.

Same here, I'm having a great time with the game. I finally got to the "open world" part of the game and I'm having an absolute blast with it. I get why people say the first 9 chapters of the game are just a tutorial though. The combat has finally opened up and it's some of the best in the series.

I'm also looking forward to XIII-2 and, eventually, LR.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

I'm gonna guess Pier Solar.

Turfster

12 hour deals
  • Carmageddon Reincarnation 20% off
  • Hotline Miami 75% off
  • F3AR 60% off
  • Amnesia 77% off
  • You need a budget 25% off
  • Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum 50% off

Flash deals

- Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum! (70% off)
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent (82% off)
- Carmageddon Reincarnation (40% off)
- Hotline Miami (85% off)
- You Need A Budget(75% off)
- F.3.A.R. (75% off)

I'm trying to figure out if someone said a game before You Need a Budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom