• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

... 2 days of encore sales.
Are you kidding me?

Not only that, but the encores don't extend to the franchise. So for example, there's no encore on the Assassin's Creed IV price. This sale has been full of more mindblowingly bad decisions by Valve than I've ever seen before. It's like someone went "they always complain the sales are worse, let's actually make it worse!"

Ah, this is unusual!
My question is... will this be all of it or will the second day have different encore deals?

A second day of encores would take more effort and would potentially extend beyond the listed end date of the sale. I'd be shocked if we got new deals tomorrow. There aren't even any new votes or flash deals.

A 2 day encore seems like a fitting way to end this sale. All in all very underwhelming, even though I got a few good things, especially at the auction. I wish I got a few more titles through that.

Grief.exe

Kind of disappointing actually.

We are missing out on new deals as well as flash deals, plenty of games and franchises that have yet to be featured.

Valve needs to step up the amount of games on sale for subsequent large sales. With the Steam store expanding massively, you are going to have too many titles and developers left behind.

Fifteen or twenty games rotating on flash sales every 12 hours. Three concurrent voting in different genres rotating every 24 hours. Give people more games to buy, more money in Valve's pockets, and more things to do during a sale.

Not only that, but the encores don't extend to the franchise. So for example, there's no encore on the Assassin's Creed IV price. This sale has been full of more mindblowingly bad decisions by Valve than I've ever seen before. It's like someone went "they always complain the sales are worse, let's actually make it worse!"

Ok now I'm slightly mad

Turfster

All asscruds except Assflag and Unitard are 75% off

Monooboe

This wintersale did really just feel "lazy".o_O Like Valve just did it because it was expected of them and for the money, their heart isn't in it anymore.:/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I can safely say, for the first time for me, that this was in fact, a shit sale

L.O.R.D

this is almost perfect

RR9j9d5.jpg

Tizoc

I can't believe it took me until seeing Batman AC on my PS3 to realize that I should get the first 2 Arkham games on Steam.
...and as much as I want to get them from Nuuvem, the last time it charged the WRONG account and i had to fix that, I don't want that happening again >_>;

dani_dc

Remember that year were the encore sales started one day after the mentioned end of sales date? Good days.

Valve needs to step up the amount of games on sale for subsequent large sales. With the Steam store expanding massively, you are going to have too many titles and developers left behind.

Fifteen or twenty games rotating on flash sales every 12 hours. Three concurrent voting in different genres rotating every 24 hours. Give people more games to buy, more money in Valve's pockets, and more things to do during a sale.

This is basically my thoughts on the sale, Steam has more titles than ever b ut it feels like this sales are more and more restrictive and safer as we go. I have a feeling we got less titles on sale this year than last year.

I'm sure there are thousands of smaller titles that would love to be featured in a daily or flash.

It's a port of the Japanese version, so no voice acting and synthesized music. Also classic Dragon Quest menus instead of the monstrosity Level 5 did with the US version.

Doesn't sound too bad to be honest, I'm more than fine without the voice acting, synthesized music is a bit of a shame but nothing too bad, probably easy to fix during porting or, at worst, with a fan patch to change the files.

lol just this one? its be shit for a while. i believe this entire year on steam I've bought less than 5 games from steam, mostly bought at other places. I did however get quite a few games from Russia, but now with that gone next year will most likely just be less than 10 like this year unless they step up their game.

MadGear

I only bought a couple games during this sale :(

Same here, only two in fact. But one of them was MGR:R which I'm loving to death so I'm not sure if I should actually feel disappointed by this sale. I bought way more games last year which i didn't enjoy as much at all.

Spyware

Seems like an oversight to me since that isn't true for everything on the list.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Oh well, bought a bunch of games for myself and gifts for others so it was a pretty okay sale for me, minus the gem fiasco and this encore shit.

I'm hoping that the summer sale is going to be way better at this, and that the community choice options will have multiple games again.

Lomax

It was definitely a shit sale by design. I saw a lot more 80-85% off deals this year than in previous sales, which just tells me if we had seen more smaller games get deals, we'd have seen a lot more deals like that.

And honestly, the other sites didn't pick up the slack either. Amazon had no real sale except a few specials and GMG was underwhelming at best. I'm almost more surprised I didn't spend any of my credit at GMG.

I can't believe it took me until seeing Batman AC on my PS3 to realize that I should get the first 2 Arkham games on Steam.
...and as much as I want to get them from Nuuvem, the last time it charged the WRONG account and i had to fix that, I don't want that happening again >_>;

Charged the wrong account? How? If you paypal me the $ ill grab them for you.

catabarez

Also I just started New Vegas about a week ago (I owned it for a while). I cannot put the game down now. I knew there was a reason I didn't start this game as soon as I got it :p

An-Det

Kind of disappointing actually.

We are missing out on new deals as well as flash deals, plenty of games and franchises that have yet to be featured.

I've been thinking this for a while now, Steam is huge and sales haven't reflected the growth. Look at the front page right now, 40 games (or something) looks great and is what should be shown every day on top of more flash sales. There are tons of games on sale and sticking to these old numbers doesn't cut it anymore.

I will give credit that there weren't any repeated sales (where we'd see a daily show up as a flash in previous sales).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom