• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lumgd5Dke11qdnc4co1_400.gif~c200

guys, i've got a weird boner....

Miguel81

MGS has always been a series where there's been stuff you might not know about when starting. I dived in at MGS on PS One and that had call back to the two MSX games. The text summaries did a good job of filling in the blanks (and MGS is essentially a 3D remake of Metal Gear 2). I'd say Peace Walker is pretty much needed to get a handle on who some of the characters are in Ground Zeroes but I think with The Phantom Pain being set a while after the events of Ground Zeroes it's only a few characters you might need to brush up on.

That's very much true. I decided to give MG2(Subsistence) a playthrough and it was shocking how much of Solid was already done in that game. Different locale, but the progression and events were extremely similar. The music, especially the Zanzibar Breeze track, is also phenomenal.

derExperte

I got mine free with a purchase of wasteland 2 + vertical drop heroes HD for 34.88. True steamgaffers buy from everywhere other than steam. git gud

I got Wasteland 2 for $15 via Kickstarter and won Vertical Drop from ModBot. Which leaves more than enough for War. Get on my level.

cicero

Yes, there is no metagame this time, we had the gem thing earlier this week. I don't understand your comment about the 1 vote = 1 card. I do agree that it feels lazy on their part. But in the end we get the same amount of cards from voting, don't we?

What does the inability to gift games have to do with the complaints about discounts. I only said some are complaining about deals aren't good enough to which I reply if they are not good enough just wait.

Sorry if I'm not clear, english is not my first language.

Sorry, I didn't mean to jump all over you and your comments.

It seems to me that besides the actual sales itself, Valve's efforts regarding their biggest yearly promotion feels almost entirely perfunctory now. "performed merely as a routine duty; hasty and superficial", "lacking interest, care, or enthusiasm; indifferent or apathetic". Oh well...

Pachimari

Did you see thee list of things he bought on the sale thread? so many non dailies. flipstable.png

You are the master of a mismanaged winter sale.

You guys. :D

Alien Isolation (50% off, GMG + 20% coupon)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (66%, GMG + 20% coupon)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (€7, Nuuvem)
Borderlands: GOTY (€4.5, Nuuvem)
SpeedRunners (75% off, Steam)
This War of Mine (15% off, Steam)

And 2 smaller games I payed €1 for on Steam.

I think that's pretty solid.

You could purchase other games and get it for "free" on Indiegala, at least you would own other games :S
I knew about that one. But I didn't want to buy more games just so that I could own more. I learned hard from my last sale, when 150 titles were bought and only a slight of them have been touched. This winter sale I went into it with a set list and all of the titles have already had their huge sale. :)

I got mine free with a purchase of wasteland 2 + vertical drop heroes HD for 34.88. True steamgaffers buy from everywhere other than steam. git gud
2 of my 6 purchases were Steam.

buy everything today, you could die tomorrow.
You ripped that one thought out of my mind. :D

Phawx

Why would you do that?

1 Assassin Creed a year is too much already, you'll be tired by the time you get to the end of Brotherhood (if not earlier).

I've already played most Asscreed games, but on 360. I just wanted to own them on PC.

maty

Sorry, I didn't mean to jump all over you and your comments.

It seems to me that besides the actual sales itself, Valve's efforts regarding their biggest yearly promotion feels almost entirely perfunctory now. "performed merely as a routine duty; hasty and superficial", "lacking interest, care, or enthusiasm; indifferent or apathetic". Oh well...

No problem and I agree. That is why I said I miss the achievement hunt events. Of course they require extra work from valve and devs but it was more fun than playing the "steam market" game.

pahamrick

I *THINK* this is still good, I don't remember giving it to anyone and I don't have any giveaway receipts for it in my PM box. If its not, I'm really sorry.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pahamrick, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM Enemy Unknown -- MB-7C4E9433B11A845F - Taken by Jables Swan. 8 entrants total.

t1419025425z1.png

Anustart

Reposting epic giveaway for the new page. You wouldn't want to miss the game where it all started right? The origin you could call it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anustart, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

mystery game -- MB-5EB6E54A46D9E12B - Taken by WinterDemons. 29 entrants total.

t1419030105z1.png

Salsa

k so:

since black flag is capped at 30fps with vsync im forcing vsync through drivers

forcing vsync or triple buffering makes the game run like shit

but if I just disable vsync in game the game runs great, with terrible tearing

and forcing it through d3doverrider just makes the game crash on startup

great

ideas?

k so:

great

ideas?

I got it working by forcing borderless windows using another program and using d3d to force ONLY triple buffering. I believe you need to also enable vsync in the game, too.

But only use d3d for the triple buffering setting.

Grief.exe

k so:

great

ideas?

Borderless full screen?

Kaleinc

Banned
k so:

great

ideas?
Use nvidia inspector.

Anustart

It's Dark Souls 3. I'm a rogue FROM employee. We've got like 6 of these sequels ready to go, just spacing em out every 2 years.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
k so:

great

ideas?
Boot up the game and load your save; CTRL+Alt+Del; Taskmanager; Alt+Tab back to the game.
That worked for Freedom Cry, anyway. Or worked, it helped.
I still don't understand it, but i've learned not to ask too many technical questions with Ubisoft games.

Turfster

I can't leave you people alone for even a few hours, can I?
Shame on you all.

Humble Store Daily
  • Company of Heroes 2 Ardennes Assault
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Gauntlet
  • 7 Days to Die
  • Killer Is Dead Nightmare Edition FLASH 8 HOURS LEFT
  • Viscera Cleanup Detail
  • Batman Citrus
  • Dungeon Defenders
  • Papo & Yo
  • Galactic Civilization III
  • Mount & Blade With Fire and Sword
  • LotR War in the North
  • Nihilumbra
  • Serious Sam HD
  • Democracy 3
  • Dungeon Siege II
  • Freedom Planet
  • Panzer Tactics HD
  • Salt
  • Little Inferno
  • IncestDemonicon
  • Tri
  • Universe sandbox
  • Europa Universalis IV Conquest of Paradise
  • Steam Marines
  • Skilltree
  • Metal Dead
  • Shadowgate Retro Bundle & Special Edition
  • Claire
  • Capsized
  • Bridge Constructor Medieval
  • MirrorMoon EP
  • Fotonica
  • Survivor Squad
  • Sportsfriends

Man, now that Assflag is 75% off, it still feels... too much?
Look at what you did, Ubi.

Tecl0n

based durante, i can lower dark souls rendering resolution so much that it can run on integrated. onto the remaining achievements

Ruruja

k so:

great

ideas?

I remember reading vsync caps it at 30 if your fps is just under 60. Try turning Foliage (I think it's Foliage or something similar) in options off maximum because it's a massive FPS killer and barely noticeable graphical gain.

Dr Dogg

Well Lords of the Fallen just got a pretty big patch today on Steam. It's a sign! Also just found out you can use an OGL to DX wrapper to get some GeDoSaTo on the go (which makes me feel silly as there have been a few around for a fair old whack of time). Oh and MRORANGE posing as one of the console crowd never fails to fool some folks.

derExperte

Well Lords of the Fallen just got a pretty big patch today on Steam. It's a sign! Also just found out you can use an OGL to DX wrapper to get some GeDoSaTo on the go (which makes me feel silly as there have been a few around for a fair old whack of time). Oh and MRORANGE posing as one of the console crowd never fails to fool some folks.

Time to find some impressions of that patch and then wait for the daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom