• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i finally beat origins. I had no idea i was supposed to use the ballistas during the fight -_- gonna play south park now before I do the other stories in Origins(awakening, Morrigan's, Leliana's, etc.)

Dr Dogg

Ok Black Flag you have the Standard Edition which is just the base game. The Digital Deluxe Edition which is the base game, the Sony Exclusive Aveline DLC and some other weaponry and cosmetic fluff DLC. And finally the Gold Edition which is the DDE and the Season Pass. As Bernardo says the Gold Edtion isn't available to EU countries.

Simples.

I'd recommend you play the two versions of Guacamelee and Batman Blackgate before Strider 2014. It's just kinda not very good. Not terrible, but not very good.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shrek

Considering the top 3 definitions are regarding the movie/character itself, we can look to definitions 4 and 5 to see the etymology of the word as well as the first use as an adjective... and it's definitely a pejorative.

Your definition ranks #9, btw. :p

Please refer to definition #2 for the true meaning of our onion lord.

My attention is more on handhelds these days, having a blast with SMTIV, Persona Q and DanganRonpa 2.

giphy.gif

Speevy

Banned
I tried the free for all thing once, but it ended up taking the raffle over it.

I don't think it can be fixed. Just enter for the game you want the most. Sorry about that.

It's my personal option that all raffles should be free for alls. Modbot only lets you win one anyway, so there's no sense in locking you out at all.

fallout

Ok Black Flag you have the Standard Edition which is just the base game. The Digital Deluxe Edition which is the base game, the Sony Exclusive Aveline DLC and some other weaponry and cosmetic fluff DLC. And finally the Gold Edition which is the DDE and the Season Pass. As Bernardo says the Gold Edtion isn't available to EU countries.

Simples.
Uh, yeah. Simples.

Ground Zeroes is fantastic, it's an absolutely beautiful game that runs at 60fps on my semi-old rig (i5-2500k/7850 2GB). So glad I was able to pick this up, had a blast on my first play through, it was definitely worth the wait.

Spyware

Still can't decide if I want Ground Zeroes. I read stuff like the above and go "I neeed it!" but then I read all the posts about how it's not worth it at all. Gah.

Sini

maty

But if you ignore it you'll miss posts like this.

Talk about overreaction.

I do think that no metagame has been as fun as the achievement hunt. That doesn't mean I didn't profit from them by selling cards or getting a few games cheaper with the auctions. But it's not really that fun.

Also the site design is really lacking this time.

What I don't share is the complaints about the discounts. Of course we all want cheaper games but when you have over 300 (low number for most people here) why not just play those you already have and wait until the price is what you are willing to pay.

I'm at 797 games and I feel overwhelmed. Do I really need to have the latest games with big discounts to buy them right now?

Finally fuck valve, I wanted to gift a few games but since I'm in South America everything is locked. :/

Dr Dogg

For those that care PC Gamer have put up their Game of the Year feature page.

http://www.pcgamer.com/pc-gamer-game-of-the-year-awards-2014/

RPS have been doing something a little different this year instead of Horace the Endless Bear and the Advent Calander they have been doing a Bestest Best Of for a game each day.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/12/01/best-pc-games-2014/

Ha, I know. Mostly joking. I just think it's funny how convoluted it can be to try and buy a game sometimes.

Hahaha well the Watch Dogs chart fiasco does sum up how stupid the situation can get. Though Stump had us covered with a much more clearer version.

Well sort of.

Knurek

Just beat Taurus Demon, left with no Estus flasks and a sliver of healt.
Again, because I seem to remember the exact same thing happening back when I was playing the G4WL version...

Is the game's RNG primed for situations like these during the boss fights or am I just extremely lucky?
And handsome, intelligent, witty and well hung

cicero

Talk about overreaction.

I do think that no metagame has been as fun as the achievement hunt. That doesn't mean I didn't profit from them by selling cards or getting a few games cheaper with the auctions. But it's not really that fun.

Also the site design is really lacking this time.

What I don't share is the complaints about the discounts. Of course we all want cheaper games but when you have over 300 (low number for most people here) why not just play those you already have and wait until the price is what you are willing to pay.

I'm at 797 games and I feel overwhelmed. Do I really need to have the latest games with big discounts to buy them right now?

There is ZERO metagame this time though, they didn't even bother, and knew full well what making it one game vote = one card per day would do. Pure laziness or indifference on their part.

As for the comment about owning lots of games so why don't we all play those instead of desiring quality discounts like we had in previous years... Why don't you say the same thing about your gifting situation as well then? Do they really need gifts? Let them play what they already have, and let them eat cake as well.

I really want to get MGSV, but never played a MGS game before. :L

So what's the problem exactly?

There is ZERO metagame this time though, they didn't even bother, and knew full well what making it one game vote = one card per day would do. Pure laziness or indifference on their part.

As for the comment about owning lots of games so why don't we all play those instead of desiring quality discounts like we had in previous years... Why don't you say the same thing about your gifting situation as well then? Do they really need gifts? Let them play what they already have, and let them eat cake as well.

Um...
No metagame and only having to vote once a day is a major relief.
I was burnt out on all the meta and voting in past sales. Having to make sure I get all my votes in to maximize my free cards. Being frustrated as all hell when my team in the Summer sale couldn't win a day to save their life.
No, this is good. Slight bonus for participating in the voting, no possibility for games to fall through the cracks because the community is full of idiots, and most importantly, no silly metagame to make me waste money on crafting badges or some other silly bullshit instead leaving me free to play games and buy those with discounts that are to my liking.

It's hard to get excited for the sale as I have waaaaaay too many games already... but still. I'm liking the format and everything about it so far.
Plus there's more than enough competition around to ensure that there are good deals for everyone (between Steam/GMG/Humble/etc.)
For crying out loud, you can buy my GOTY for $16 on GMG today.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I really want to get MGSV, but never played a MGS game before. :L

It was the first one I had every played when I played it on my PS4 last month. Some of the storyline stuff was confusing but overall it was enjoyable.

Just beat Taurus Demon, left with no Estus flasks and a sliver of healt.
Again, because I seem to remember the exact same thing happening back when I was playing the G4WL version...

Is the game's RNG primed for situations like these during the boss fights or am I just extremely lucky?
And handsome, intelligent, witty and well hung

No, no, no, no, and no.

Chariot

It was the first one I had every played when I played it on my PS4 last month. Some of the storyline stuff was confusing but overall it was enjoyable.
Yeah, the demo loves to throw names around. be it characters, fractions or just military equipment. I was the whole time like "Who?". The quick introduction dumb text at the beginning was not very helpful either.

Dr Dogg

MGS has always been a series where there's been stuff you might not know about when starting. I dived in at MGS on PS One and that had call back to the two MSX games. The text summaries did a good job of filling in the blanks (and MGS is essentially a 3D remake of Metal Gear 2). I'd say Peace Walker is pretty much needed to get a handle on who some of the characters are in Ground Zeroes but I think with The Phantom Pain being set a while after the events of Ground Zeroes it's only a few characters you might need to brush up on.

Oh also The Crew is back on the UK store

http://store.steampowered.com/app/241560/

But not Far Cry 4 yet (give it a week).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom