• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Time to find some impressions of that patch and then wait for the daily.

Here's the patch notes.

Dear Lords of the Fallen Players!

The update (version 1.4) has been released for all the platforms: PS4, XB1, and PC (earlier). Yes, it’s taken us quite some time to put it up, sorry to keep you waiting. We hope that, even though it’s kinda last-minute, it still serves you well if you wish to spend some quality time with the game during Season Holidays.

May Your Rhogar hunt bring you awesome loot!

In case you’re a stats geek: there were total 261 issues that our devteam has identified, fixed and tested since last console update. That’s 81 issues for PS4, 41 for XB1, and 109 for PC (mind you, these sets overlap, and there are no “All-Platform” issues listed here). All three versions of the game are now at the same update branch, which means that all general fixes we have been releasing for the PC users in the meantime, are also included in the console update at this stage.

Here is a list of the most crucial updates:

Fixed the Catacombs pit breaking the save file
Players cannot skip/exploit the tutorial Rhogar Marauder (sorry speedrunners!).
Fixed death while healing, which caused respawn in death pose.
Fixed the conditions for final boss special loot - it’s actually doable now!
Commander boss becoming idle during fight is now extremely improbable.
Fixed the “die after respawn” issue both in Catacombs and in Solitude.
Post Chromashift setting is now optional.
Fixed a nasty visual bug when using Shelter spell.
Fixed Kaslo blocking the Planetarium entrance (#StopTheTappening).
Fixed Annihilator being permanently slowed down under certain conditions.
Saving the game without losing the Experience Multiplier is now possible (press L3 while saving), and regular saving does reset it.

Fixed the exploit allowing to keep Best permanently stunned.
Daze spell will no longer influence bosses, as it could easily have been exploited.
Fixed the triggering of cutscene with two imprisoned Monks in Catacombs.
Fixed the quest with Crippled Rhogar NPC, where under certain conditions, obtaining the reward was unnecessarily blocked.
The appearance of portal ending the Chamber of Lies made more intuitive.
Fixed the incorrect damage values displayed in Inventory.
Fixed Harkyn being able to pass through an intact secret breakable walls.
Fixed the unnatural contrast changes (especially visible in Keystone exteriors).
Fixed greatswords not dealing damage after parrying.
[PS4] Screen tearing significantly reduced.
[PC] Fixed several issues with disconnecting the gamepad controller.
Fixed the Catacombs bossfight arena lever inactive under certain conditions.
Fixed loot disappearing from chests upon death.
Tweaked the hitboxes for Champion boss.
Found and fixed few Hunter (crossbow) buggers who tried to shoot you through walls.
Fixed some locks disappearing from treasure chests.
Lowered frequency of “Patch is coming soon” message on Lords of the Fallen social pages.

You will also notice higher stability of the game on the PC. By the way, thanks to all those of you who helped us out with debugging. We would like to reach out to you personally in the upcoming days and extend our thanks beyond just words. Please bear with us.

Last but not least, this is not the last update for Lords of the Fallen. We will be giving you further improvements around the time that the upcoming Ancient Labyrinth story extension is released in January.

We certainly hope that there are no game-breaking issues left. Having said that, (and never saying never), please make sure to contact us via email at support@cigames.com if anything still remains. We want to work hard until everyone is happy.

Remember to check out our official Facebook and Twitter pages to be up to date with any updates on Ancient Labyrinth DLC and the next patch.

Sincerely,
Lords of the Fallen devteam.

Salsa

well the only thing that makes the game run at a steady 60 is setting environment quality to low and that makes the game look super flat

that feels dumb, for how the game looks, but I guess Ubi gonna Ubi

680 and i5 2500k btw

Anustart

I don't get these geckos in MGR. Is it just completely random when you can slice them? Makes this stupid 1st vr mission very irritating. Oh, this time we'll let you kill it in 1 second, but the next time? You're gonna have to beat on it for 2 minutes!!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm playing this month old story-focused diablo-clone Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, and it's somewhat amusing how cut-throat the main character is. By the way, he's a soul-devouring demon basically forced to save the world(?) from a bigger evil

He's a charmer
By the way, this game has a Soul Reaver-esque spectral world and mortal world switching

I remember this game being in EA. Glad to see that it is turning out nicely.

pahamrick

I don't get these geckos in MGR. Is it just completely random when you can slice them? Makes this stupid 1st vr mission very irritating. Oh, this time we'll let you kill it in 1 second, but the next time? You're gonna have to beat on it for 2 minutes!!

Parry a certain attack and you can slice them. I can drop them in seconds.

Lain

Can't be worse than borderlands 2 with its dlc

I'd say it is on par in a way, because buying the Season Pass for Black Flag doesn't mark the store DLC as owned and trying to buy the DLC while owning the Season Pass doesn't stop you from finalizing the purchase for stuff you already own.

pahamrick

90% of the time when you parry they bounce way out of range. So I just have to pray he uses an attack and doesn't bounce a mile away?

I can't remember the exact attack, but I want to say its the one when they charge you. Once you parry you can follow the button prompts and blade mode them. Its been a bit since I played so I can't remember exactly.

_hekk05

Banned
I'd say it is on par in a way, because buying the Season Pass for Black Flag doesn't mark the store DLC as owned and trying to buy the DLC while owning the Season Pass doesn't stop you from finalizing the purchase for stuff you already own.

The season pass for borderlands 2 contains like a quarter of all dlcs though.

That's some bullshit

Pachimari

hmKc0Ll.jpg

I haven't even completed it ONCE... Hats off for you boss.

Xeroblade

I can't leave you people alone for even a few hours, can I?
Shame on you all.

Humble Store Daily
  • Company of Heroes 2 Ardennes Assault
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Gauntlet
  • 7 Days to Die
  • Killer Is Dead Nightmare Edition FLASH 8 HOURS LEFT
  • Viscera Cleanup Detail
  • Batman Citrus
  • Dungeon Defenders
  • Papo & Yo
  • Galactic Civilization III
  • Mount & Blade With Fire and Sword
  • LotR War in the North
  • Nihilumbra
  • Serious Sam HD
  • Democracy 3
  • Dungeon Siege II
  • Freedom Planet
  • Panzer Tactics HD
  • Salt
  • Little Inferno
  • IncestDemonicon
  • Tri
  • Universe sandbox
  • Europa Universalis IV Conquest of Paradise
  • Steam Marines
  • Skilltree
  • Metal Dead
  • Shadowgate Retro Bundle & Special Edition
  • Claire
  • Capsized
  • Bridge Constructor Medieval
  • MirrorMoon EP
  • Fotonica
  • Survivor Squad
  • Sportsfriends

Man, now that Assflag is 75% off, it still feels... too much?
Look at what you did, Ubi.

I thought someone did this already? either way I am still on the fence for AC4

autoduelist

So after some googling, it seems like the 'Library' page for games you own is not customizable at all. Which is a shame, because I find it quite useless (it has stuff like standard install directions, and 'news' when what I really would love is, say, the 'cover' image and a game summary.

Does anyone have any sort of jury rigged solution for this?

-note, right now I'm going through all my games and categorizing them. The biggest issue are 'bundle' games that I have no idea about... clicking through each into the store page, and sometimes having to go watch gameplay, is ridiculously time consuming. A simple summary on the library page would solve this 90% of the time.

Parry a certain attack and you can slice them. I can drop them in seconds.

Block when they charge, you get a QTE, then you can automatically do the execution if you've got a full energy gauge.

Most of the Gekko's attacks are not parryable as they jump backwards...
So the best way to deal with them is to keep them at range until they decide to bull rush you.

90% of the time when you parry they bounce way out of range. So I just have to pray he uses an attack and doesn't bounce a mile away?

No. You bait it into charging.
Parrying is mostly useless against Gekkos.

I can't remember the exact attack, but I want to say its the one when they charge you. Once you parry you can follow the button prompts and blade mode them. Its been a bit since I played so I can't remember exactly.

You're close. I explain it above. Though I dislike your use of parry. Blocking is the clearer term here, as you're not trying to counter them.

I'll take them.

Damn you.

Ruruja

So after some googling, it seems like the 'Library' page for games you own is not customizable at all. Which is a shame, because I find it quite useless (it has stuff like standard install directions, and 'news' when what I really would love is, say, the 'cover' image and a game summary.

Does anyone have any sort of hackney solution for this?

You could program your own frontend with snazzy graphics and whatnot that launches the games through steam, but I admit it's not the easiest or quickest of solutions. :p

You've tried the Grid view yes?

Anybody have tips for og fallout combat? Turn based grid rpg's combat mechanics just completely escape me. I always end up chilling in a spot and just spamming my gun. Am I supposed to move away and then attack?

pahamrick

Block when they charge, you get a QTE, then you can automatically do the execution if you've got a full energy gauge.

Most of the Gekko's attacks are not parryable as they jump backwards...
So the best way to deal with them is to keep them at range until they decide to bull rush you.

No. You bait it into charging.
Parrying is mostly useless against Gekkos.

You're close. I explain it above. Though I dislike your use of parry. Blocking is the clearer term here, as you're not trying to counter them.

Yeah, listen to the action game master here.
I just barely got through it on normal.

Edit: And I did the same thing to someone else. No clue why I just say parry instead of block when referencing the game.

You could program your own frontend with snazzy graphics and whatnot that launches the games through steam, but I admit it's not the easiest or quickest of solutions. :p

You've tried the Grid view yes?

Or find a skin that puts the info you want on the game's page. Different skins have different takes on a game's Library page.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Or find a skin that puts the info you want on the game's page. Different skins have different takes on a game's Library page.

True but the skins themselves are limited to the actual data the page can contain. Some choose to hide certain elements, but a skin can't pull in new elements that aren't exposed through the regular UI.

RS4-

Anybody have tips for og fallout combat? Turn based grid rpg's combat mechanics just completely escape me. I always end up chilling in a spot and just spamming my gun. Am I supposed to move away and then attack?

Rifles all day and snipe with that lol. Early on it's tough to deal with things, RNG etc etc. I don't remember the term, but aiming for limbs is pretty good more often than not.

I think. It's been a long time since I've played the best fallout games.

Anustart

Been a while since I've played, but isn't it either the kick or the charge?

That's the problem, to get gold I have to do it in under 40 seconds. So I need to pray this gecko uses the right move on frame 1 basically. Makes this mission very painful to play.

That's the problem, to get gold I have to do it in under 40 seconds. So I need to pray this gecko uses the right move on frame 1 basically. Makes this mission very painful to play.

That is one of the harder ones to get a gold on.
If you do it without the use of subweapons, you're crazy... but it can be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9cX83k469A

If you haven't beaten the game, going for gold on the VR missions is silly.
Play the game, learn the systems, find your groove and weapons of choice, then go back and give it another go.

Chariot

Finished playing through the demo.

It wasn't even that bad, I might even be tempted to get the full VN.

Fuck.
My thoughts exactly after I finished. I even wanted a cat for a few hours.
that's adorable

tho the tail looks like one big poo

why does my head work like this
Jesus Christ, zkylon :(
zkylon pls

anime girls don't even poop what are you talking about
You're so lucky.

So, yesterday TheTux very kindly made a giveaway for a copy of Thief which I entered. This morning GAME had a pricing cock-up on Thief which I jumped on. I think you can all guess what happened next. Apologies to everyone else who entered the same giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cosmic Schwung, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Thief: The Master Thief Edition -- MB-924DDA3F860E78AD - Taken by Panda Rin. 64 entrants total.

t1419040485z1.png

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kifimbo:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lucius -- MB-71DF1B5F2B40F9A2 - Taken by Naked Snake

t1419031065z1.png

how do you even die to the butterfly

arent u pro

Nah. Definitely not pro. More like old and slow. LOL

And at my current level/build, one mistake is pretty much death.
I haven't fought the Moonlight butterfly in over 3 years at this point... it managed to catch me with the homing attack once and that was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom