• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gngf123

c810147470.jpg

Right, lets see what this is all about then.

derExperte

Yeah, the demo loves to throw names around. be it characters, fractions or just military equipment. I was the whole time like "Who?". The quick introduction dumb text at the beginning was not very helpful either.

Quick introduction? There's a loooong 'what previously happened' story available.

Dr Dogg

Figures Ubi would ignore their only well received game from this fall >_>

Well I get the feeling seeing as it's about a month after it came out that would be the time the retail shenanigans would end. Unity came back today, The Crew maybe yesterday (Don't think anyone bothered to look :p) so fingers crossed Far Cry 4 next week but I doubt it will get a discount.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Time for some Metal Gear! A liitle bit hyped even though it's just an expensive demo

maty

There is ZERO metagame this time though, they didn't even bother, and knew full well what making it one game vote = one card per day would do. Pure laziness or indifference on their part.

As for the comment about owning lots of games so why don't we all play those instead of desiring quality discounts like we had in previous years... Why don't you say the same thing about your gifting situation as well then? Do they really need gifts? Let them play what they already have, and let them eat cake as well.

Yes, there is no metagame this time, we had the gem thing earlier this week. I don't understand your comment about the 1 vote = 1 card. I do agree that it feels lazy on their part. But in the end we get the same amount of cards from voting, don't we?

What does the inability to gift games have to do with the complaints about discounts?. I only said some are complaining about deals that they aren't good enough to which I reply if they are not good enough just wait.

Sorry if I'm not clear, english is not my first language.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
So what's the problem exactly?

Um...
No metagame and only having to vote once a day is a major relief.
I was burnt out on all the meta and voting in past sales. Having to make sure I get all my votes in to maximize my free cards. Being frustrated as all hell when my team in the Summer sale couldn't win a day to save their life.
No, this is good. Slight bonus for participating in the voting, no possibility for games to fall through the cracks because the community is full of idiots, and most importantly, no silly metagame to make me waste money on crafting badges or some other silly bullshit instead leaving me free to play games and buy those with discounts that are to my liking.

It's hard to get excited for the sale as I have waaaaaay too many games already... but still. I'm liking the format and everything about it so far.
Plus there's more than enough competition around to ensure that there are good deals for everyone (between Steam/GMG/Humble/etc.)
For crying out loud, you can buy my GOTY for $16 on GMG today.

what? you can buy Strider for $16?!? gotta get on that ASAP!!
;)

Phawx

finally caved on AssCreeds

Assassin's Creed
4.99 USD
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
4.99 USD
Assassin's Creed 3 Deluxe Edition
12.49 USD
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe
7.49 USD
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Gold Edition
7.49 USD

Phawx

I am not a fan of buying the deluxe edition of Black Flag and it telling me I don't own the DLC of Freedom cry

Pachimari

And with my purchase of This War of Mine, my winter sale comes to an end (8 purchases in all). It have been a great sale this time as well. Good hunting to the rest of you, and may you get what you want as well. :)

dani_dc

finally caved on AssCreeds

Assassin's Creed
4.99 USD
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
4.99 USD
Assassin's Creed 3 Deluxe Edition
12.49 USD
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe
7.49 USD
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Gold Edition
7.49 USD

Why would you do that?

1 Assassin Creed a year is too much already, you'll be tired by the time you get to the end of Brotherhood (if not earlier).

Am I just missing something or does Steam force all game updates these days? I can't seem to find a way to launch any game without updating them first.

Pachimari

Isn't a daily. What are you doing? You'll never become a true SteamGAFer if you continue like this.

I knew it would be my last title so I just said "whatever" and bought it (normally I would wait for a daily). At least I won't check out the sales anymore.

Back to playing Dark Souls and Metal Gear. :)

You could purchase other games and get it for "free" on Indiegala, at least you would own other games :S

But I didn't want to own other games just to own them. I went into this sale with a specific list of games I wanted and all of them (besides This War of Mine) have had their huge sales already. I learned from last Summer, when I bought 150 titles and most of them will probably always remain untouched. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom