• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there like a DoA gif every other page already? Bayonetta should have gotten paid for all that work advertising :p

The way Nito whores out some of those games you would think he was on the PR team for them.

--

Holy crap in a pita... KOF98 foil? Don't mind if I do...

Games?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Coldfire Keep -- MB-A4B5E0458437F9AE - Taken by autoduelist
RIP - Trilogy -- MB-348A7D984B651BE0 - Taken by bluechox2
Snuggle Truck -- MB-123DD75B3643C466 - Taken by chronomac
Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-C03EC5553CB51998 - Taken by anastef
Alpha Kimori: Episode One -- MB-8A00A546FD6D7473 Gone Modbot forgot to strike it out or is drunk

I'm loving south park so far! I've spend 3 hours in game and only 1 hour was actual quests, the other 2 was exploring. I was originally playing on hardcore but damn i was losing every fight after the first few so i turned it down to normal, now that I got equipment to replace the starter gear I'm spanking these folks left and right, gonna turn it back to hardcore when I play again and see if it offers a better challenge.

Miguel81

I'm loving south park so far! I've spend 3 hours in game and only 1 hour was actual quests, the other 2 was exploring. I was originally playing on hardcore but damn i was losing every fight after the first few so i turned it down to normal, now that I got equipment to replace the starter gear I'm spanking these folks left and right, gonna turn it back to hardcore when I play again and see if it offers a better challenge.

Is it really like the Paper Mario series? Played the N64 game recently, and it was a blast.

tebunker

Banned
Praying for a Kohan Warchest deal; I always miss this damned thing, always. I want these games again. Badly. I will lie prostrate until they come back to me...

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
What the hell is wrong with Twitter?

I just received 4 mails from their support, one telling me that my password was changed and 3 saying that they suspended my account because they thought it could have been compromised. All of them in the same minute. I go on the site, i can login without problems, but I still change my password. I try to use their support form but if you select "Yes, I was able to access my account" they basically tell you "The why do you want to bother us?".

I also noticed another password change email from December 6 even if I tweeted something on December 7 without any problem.

Anybody experienced this?

Coreda

For some reason while running Detective Case the screenshot function is not enabled. Odd, wanted to take a couple screens.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Speaking of games that rival Star Citizen in scale and production value.

S.P.A.Z. 2

Reveal trailer for Space Pirates and Zombies 2. Much cooler than I was expecting. Seems like there's a lot of modular base and mothership building kinda stuff, as well as real time star to star travel by NPCs and whatnot.

tebunker

Banned
What the hell is wrong with Twitter?

I just received 4 mails from their support, one telling me that my password was changed and 3 saying that they suspended my account because they thought it could have been compromised. All of them in the same minute. I go on the site, i can login without problems, but I still change my password. I try to use their support form but if you select "Yes, I was able to access my account" they basically tell you "The why do you want to bother us?".

I also noticed another password change email from December 6 even if I tweeted something on December 7 without any problem.

Anybody experienced this?
sounds like phishing to me

iosefe

S.P.A.Z. 2

Reveal trailer for Space Pirates and Zombies 2. Much cooler than I was expecting. Seems like there's a lot of modular base and mothership building kinda stuff, as well as real time star to star travel by NPCs and whatnot.

wow,thats a hell of an upgrade

Asgaro

People are still posting in the old thread.

I was just gonna check out that old thread to see how many people had been fooled.

Then I noticed I made a lengthy post in that thread about an hour or two ago lol.
So copy/paste:

--

has anyone played mountain

it's like 33% off one dollar

i feel like at that price i should try it but i don't want to waste my time

(I know this is an answer to a very old post, but I had this post bookmarked since I didn't have time to respond when I saw it.)

I did: 8.8 hrs on record (so far).

And it's like a screensaver that you can mildly interact with, like everyone has been saying.
The thing is: there is nothing wrong with that. It depends on the person.

Let me explain:
I have been looking for games I can keep running while studying/working.
This game provides this. You can for example let it run on a second window, or run it on your main window by using extra software to keep it always on top. And from time to time you look up from your work to the game.
It's quite deep in the sense that certain things only happen after a veeery long time.
All you have to do is let the situation run its course.

Another genre of games that can provide this "gaming while being productive"?
- "idle games" (If you don't know it, look it up. It's a specific gaming genre.)
- turn based games like Civilization. You can take a turn, then work, a new turn, etc.
- tamagotchi's (I've been looking for a tamagotchi game that runs on your Windows PC. If anyone has any ideas let me know!)

The key element in all the above games?
You are being productive while at the same time accomplishing things by playing games.
This is possible because the games don't focus on time limits. Now, there are more genres that don't require time limits, but these are the ones I just came up with.
Of course, you also accomplish things by studying/working lol, but it's different.

S.P.A.Z. 2

Added to my wishlist like 10 months ago and in that time I think they went from 2D to 3D. Looks amazing.

S.P.A.Z. 2

Wow, the first one was a hidden gem of "bundle trash". I really enjoyed it. Hyped for this.

SPAZ, Tiny & Big, and Postal are great games among those considered "bundle trash".

zkylon

zkylewd
(I know this is an answer to a very old post, but I had this post bookmarked since I didn't have time to respond when I saw it.)

I did: 8.8 hrs on record (so far).

And it's like a screensaver that you can mildly interact with, like everyone has been saying.
The thing is: there is nothing wrong with that. It depends on the person.

Let me explain:
I have been looking for games I can keep running while studying/working.
This game provides this. You can for example let it run on a second window, or run it on your main window by using extra software to keep it always on top. And from time to time you look up from your work to the game.
It's quite deep in the sense that certain things only happen after a veeery long time.
All you have to do is let the situation run its course.

Another genre of games that can provide this "gaming while being productive"?
- "idle games" (If you don't know it, look it up. It's a specific gaming genre.)
- turn based games like Civilization. You can take a turn, then work, a new turn, etc.
- tamagotchi's (I've been looking for a tamagotchi game that runs on your Windows PC. If anyone has any ideas let me know!)

The key element in all the above games?
You are being productive while at the same time accomplishing things by playing games.
This is possible because the games don't focus on time limits. Now, there are more genres that don't require time limits, but these are the ones I just came up with.
Of course, you also accomplish things by studying/working lol, but it's different.
hmm, interesting, thanks for the writeup

maybe i'll consider it, i like the idea of having it growing on the background while i code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom