• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadax

This cross region trading shut-down is really bringing steam xmas down for me :(

Was waiting for the sales for so long...so many games that I wanted to finally get...le /sigh

Lomax

Speaking of games that rival Star Citizen in scale and production value.

S.P.A.Z. 2

Reveal trailer for Space Pirates and Zombies 2. Much cooler than I was expecting. Seems like there's a lot of modular base and mothership building kinda stuff, as well as real time star to star travel by NPCs and whatnot.

Very nice, loved the first one. Though I'm sure the top down view will still be the best one to play with unless they radically change the combat.

KOF 98 has cards now and they are worth a pretty penny.

orly! ;)

--

Hahaha, this gives a whole new meaning to KING OF FIGHTERS:

co4i8Y5.png

Nabs

Honestly, this Fork Parker Game runs and feels better than the majority of 2D indie games. It's solid as fuck, feels great, and has great controller support (ds4/xbox automatically). The game is also pretty damn fun once you get the hang of the rope mechanic. I'm excited for Gungeon if it's running on this engine, and I wouldn't mind if they went and developed a full Fork Parker title. Give the kids what they want (random levels, roguelike-like, leaderboards) and run wild with the level templates. I'd be down.

Asgaro

hmm, interesting, thanks for the writeup

maybe i'll consider it, i like the idea of having it growing on the background while i code

Yeah, it's not that special really. It's that personally I was longing for such a type of game.
Though a mountain is well... quite boring to say the least.
I wish there were more games that are screensavers that do randomized stuff.

A quick write up of what the game really is:
- at the beginning of a new game, you have to draw some random thoughts. That's only use for randomisation.
- so every playthrough is different in the sense that different things fall from the sky on the mountain. I haven't dived into it too much yet but the Steam subforum gives a ton of examples.
- all your mountain does is turn around at a slow pace.
- in the background there plays relaxing music.
- sometimes the music changes pace or tone and then things happen like something falling from the sky. You also heard the "drop" sound when an object lands.
- the mountain talks. It mostly depressing talk actually. And stuff like that the mountain questions his existence etc.
- the weather changes (eg snow, rain).
- there's a day/night cycle.

So yeah, it's not that I can truly recommend it...

I just wish there were more games like this, but more developed, more fun features.
LIKE A TAMAGOTCHI FROM IN MY CHILDHOOD DAMNIT :(
Pls, indie devs. Gimme.

It shouldn't even be a pet.
It can e.g. be a virtual factory I can see being built from the ground up. With tiny workers and trucks coming and go.

--

Doesn't the anime games genres have some virtual pet games you can keep running? Anyone know? That seems to be the right genre for that kind of stuff actually.
Like a waifu management tool, but for pets.

Holy fuck. The new and improved list works!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Thank you to JaseS for the help.

Honestly, this Fork Parker Game runs and feels better than the majority of 2D indie games. It's solid as fuck, feels great, and has great controller support (ds4/xbox automatically). The game is also pretty damn fun once you get the hang of the rope mechanic. I'm excited for Gungeon if it's running on this engine, and I wouldn't mind if they went and developed a full Fork Parker title. Give the kids what they want (random levels, roguelike-like, leaderboards) and run wild with the level templates. I'd be down.

Do we know of a release date or price for Gungeon? After someone linked that video of it the one day, it's high on my list of BUY IT AND DON'T PLAY IT!

I didn't get it so it seems not.

You have to buy the bundle now if you want both.

wilflare

Holy fuck. The new and improved list works!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Thank you to JaseS for the help.

Do we know of a release date or price for Gungeon? After someone linked that video of it the one day, it's high on my list of BUY IT AND DON'T PLAY IT!

You have to buy the bundle now if you want both.

what list?!

and I just realised Nito came back as Bayonetta

Cheddahz

Banned
Hoping that I make enough money from using idlemaster to (hopefully) get a free copy of The Legend of Heroes (or just play FFXIV for a month)

BHK3

Banned
Crafted all my cards, working on stragglers right now, jumped up 20+ levels, "you have received 350+ new items!"

I've given so much to batman, and this is what he punishes me with...
797b9a8d57.jpg

AA's backgrounds are listed RARE and are 6 cents each, same price as the other 4 non rare ones I got for City...

Lomax

Crafted all my cards, working on stragglers right now, jumped up 20+ levels, "you have received 350+ new items!"

I've given so much to batman, and this is what he punishes me with...
797b9a8d57.jpg

AA's backgrounds are listed RARE and are 6 cents each, same price as the other 4 non rare ones I got for City...

You got the rare one 4 times? That's pretty crazy, I don't think I've gotten 4 rare backgrounds total. And all the background prices were pushed around by the recent gem event which is why they are all essentially the same. About the only backgrounds that hold any value are the waifu backgrounds.

playing blighttown as a cleric just spamming force is so troll

i love it, it's so silly
i'm real happy for blighttown but jedi outcast 2 is the best game having force powers of all time

all time
i feel such profound sadness for people who didn't and won't experience this masterpiece :(

perfect fps

perfect swordplay
oh man i made myself so giddy to play the game
let's see on steam. it's pretty old game after all..
T7mxOoM.png

:/

pahamrick

i'm real happy for blighttown but jedi outcast 2 is the best game having force powers of all time

all time

i feel such profound sadness for people who didn't and won't experience this masterpiece :(

perfect fps

perfect swordplay
oh man i made myself so giddy to play the game
let's see on steam. it's pretty old game after all..
T7mxOoM.png

:/

I did my part for this great series.

Why didn't someone tell me that posting in the Sale thread in gaming as a complete and total asshole was so unbelievably fun? :3

Because we didn't want to deprive you of the sense of discovery.

BHK3

Banned
You got the rare one 4 times? That's pretty crazy, I don't think I've gotten 4 rare backgrounds total. And all the background prices were pushed around by the recent gem event which is why they are all essentially the same. About the only backgrounds that hold any value are the waifu backgrounds.

I crafted about almost 98 badges, I got almost all my current rares from yesterday and those backgrounds make up about 20% of my current rares, I don't even have a full page yet(only 20).

Compsiox

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Geforce/Uplay key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Compsiox, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
GF-GTX-Pick-Your-Path-Bundle-WheretoBuy-Header-GFcom-717.jpg

Choose Your Path GeForce -- MB-BEB3862E2FAA3617 - Taken by JimmyRickard. 82 entrants total.

t1419059686z1.png

The key winner must redeem the code at https://redeem.geforce.com

Begin!

Ventara

You know, I've always despised my bandwidth cap, but it's actually helping me keep my purchases to a check. I would've bought The Evil Within and Wolfenstein at $16, but at 50GB each, I'll be passing.

To be honest, I'm only interested in Grimrock 2 and This War of Mine, but I don't see either of them going for 75% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom