• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigzgod

Thanks! Sorry about that, I want it to go to someone who has been on GAF for a decent amount of time. Better luck next time :(

No problem, it's an understandable viewpoint. I know I'm pretty selective myself with the giveaways I do on steamgifts and other places so it'd be hypocritical of me to condemn you for something that I do myself.

Crafted all my cards, working on stragglers right now, jumped up 20+ levels, "you have received 350+ new items!"

I've given so much to batman, and this is what he punishes me with...
797b9a8d57.jpg

AA's backgrounds are listed RARE and are 6 cents each, same price as the other 4 non rare ones I got for City...

The auction and being able to convert backgrounds/emotes to gems changed the market for them to being based on rarity and desirability to one based almost solely on their gem value. I imagine it will take quite a while for the market to settle down and if the ability to convert gems to boosters stays and gems continue to play a larger role in the steam ecosystem it may never.

It will be interesting if people keep buying up the 3 cent items in hope of future auctions.

Jawmuncher

Close to the end of DS2 now.
Got the keys ring and finished lucatiels quest so I was able to get her armor. Won't be able to play for 2 weeks but the spot I'm at should be good for beating it the day I get back.

Coldsun

Banned
Close to the end of DS2 now.
Got the keys ring and finished lucatiels quest so I was able to get her armor. Won't be able to play for 2 weeks but the spot I'm at should be good for beating it the day I get back.

The DLC definitely is a great addition to play if you already have it. Otherwise you may want to wait for the re-release.

Come quickly, Star Wars sale..
problem is, with such a base price and me not expecting 90% discount, i can't get excited
:/
GOAT. There will never be anything quite like it (them).
preach!
I did my part for this great series.
to my shame i have to admit i only played jedi outcast 2 out of your collection.
-
Yeah I know I'm sorry. There's no other active dedicated PC game thread to give it away in.
sorry? SORRY???

damn son. this is one of the best giveaways i've ever seen.
you are awesome for giving us this chance! thanks!

gonna go for far cry 4
sorry frost :3

bakeray

i'm real happy for blighttown but jedi outcast 2 is the best game having force powers of all time

all time

i feel such profound sadness for people who didn't and won't experience this masterpiece :(

perfect fps

perfect swordplay
oh man i made myself so giddy to play the game
let's see on steam. it's pretty old game after all..
T7mxOoM.png

:/
Such a good game.

So I'm really enjoying The Evil Within so far. I'm only at the middle part (?) of chapter three, though, and I've already missed map fragment 2, apparently.

I was hoping for the Nyanners version.

Map fragements and keys are hidden very well at times.
Don't worry, you can always go back and handle them via chapter select, I believe. You just need to play the full chapter to get the collectibles to save to the profile.

zkylon

zkylewd
i turned my 60 fps let's-see-how-hard-it-is-to-parry practice into a shield-less playthrough

i've never played dark souls shieldless and damn it's something else. i like it cos with the extra weight i can have my halberd and a crossbow on my right hand, and then a dagger for parrying and a talisman on my left hand. so many options, it's really cool.

it's also pretty tense but you need to be more resourceful. just spamming force and dropping dogs and spiders in blighttown was hilarious and then parrying the fat dudes while you're fighting two at once is intense

i'm thinking of maybe dropping this and trying a dual wield run of dark souls 2 instead

tho i dunno, i need that knight's honor achievement so i can 100% both games so i might just keep with dks1.

oh and blighttown at 60 fps is tense as fuck cos you can tell the physics are calculated at 30 fps so walking on ledges and tight beams is like jittery as fuck. there's no tension like fearing falling through the floor at any given time lol

i'm real happy for blighttown but jedi outcast 2 is the best game having force powers of all time

all time

i feel such profound sadness for people who didn't and won't experience this masterpiece :(

perfect fps

perfect swordplay
ehhh, never been my game

but i've never been too interested in shooters/multiplayer games anyways

what...what is this?

A shmup that's been in a ton of bundles but is 90% off in case you missed it?

i turned my 60 fps let's-see-how-hard-it-is-to-parry practice into a shield-less playthrough

i've never played dark souls shieldless and damn it's something else. i like it cos with the extra weight i can have my halberd and a crossbow on my right hand, and then a dagger for parrying and a talisman on my left hand. so many options, it's really cool.

it's also pretty tense but you need to be more resourceful. just spamming force and dropping dogs and spiders in blighttown was hilarious and then parrying the fat dudes while you're fighting two at once is intense

i'm thinking of maybe dropping this and trying a dual wield run of dark souls 2 instead

tho i dunno, i need that knight's honor achievement so i can 100% both games so i might just keep with dks1.

oh and blighttown at 60 fps is tense as fuck cos you can tell the physics are calculated at 30 fps so walking on ledges and tight beams is like jittery as fuck. there's no tension like fearing falling through the floor at any given time lol

ehhh, never been my game

but i've never been too interested in shooters/multiplayer games anyways

Nice.
Which is the Knight's Honor achievement?
I'm too lazy to look it up, as I'm playing around now to get to the point where I can experience the DLC areas/bosses for the first time... at that point, I'll finish the game with whatever achievements came naturally, then SAM the rest to sync to my PS3 platinum. :p

zkylon

zkylewd
Nice.
Which is the Knight's Honor achievement?
I'm too lazy to look it up, as I'm playing around now to get to the point where I can experience the DLC areas/bosses for the first time... at that point, I'll finish the game with whatever achievements came naturally, then SAM the rest to sync to my PS3 platinum. :p
get all weapons

it's kinda lame that you gotta ng++ it to get it and i actually have a character in ng++ that has all weapons except one of sif's because i was an idiot and upgraded the wrong sword and ended up with two repeats (idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot)

i got stuck on ng++ four kings with that character so i never got it, but another option might be just grab her and see if i can beat four kings now, maybe just summon if steamworks is alright and rush ng+++ for another shot at sif

i just fucking hate four kings

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
ibrl1uWFFEOyjo.png
vs
ibmfNt2EcZLbD1.png
vs
ibblCAn2v4z92X.png

Hmmm

Can we go back to DOA gifs? Alpacas aren't as interesting, even if superimposed on DOA footage.

Thanks! It's just that I don't want people to be mislead since this is a steam thread

It's fine. The Steam threads operate as general PC gaming threads due to the lack of activity for the other platform specific threads.

Morning? I'm going to sleep, lol
See ya guys

Bye!

cicero

You know, I've always despised my bandwidth cap, but it's actually helping me keep my purchases to a check. I would've bought The Evil Within and Wolfenstein at $16, but at 50GB each, I'll be passing.

To be honest, I'm only interested in Grimrock 2 and This War of Mine, but I don't see either of them going for 75% off.

Bandwidth caps are the worst. What are you limited to per month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom