• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
iU9QUCRPm98wI.png
iWcnninHiSrsR.png
iV0ZWX8blhmuL.png

Lomax

Picked up Vertiginous Golf in the auction yesterday for around $3, figured that was lower than any sale price it would get and it was a lot different than anything else I had (and I'm a huge steampunk fan). Played it for a little while this afternoon, it's a good looking game, but it's more putt-putt than I realized, I thought it was going to be more like weird but traditional golf. The courses are neat and it plays pretty well but I clearly should have looked into it a bit more. I'm sure I'll play it some more, I like putt-putt well enough, but I am a bit disappointed it isn't something more.

Do any Americans actually have hardcapped bandwidth? I (an American) personally don't and I rarely even get throttled. The 45-50mbps download speed is pretty decent as well.

Articalys

Price of cards drops like a stone as soon as the sale starts :(
Do you suppose they'll ever recover, or has the vast amount of cards that have now been and will continue to be generated by gem-created booster packs permanently changed the card economy?

Not sure if it was mentioned, but E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy is on sale for 90% off (or $1).

I've heard that it was pretty flawed, but still a really good game if you can get past its failings. Definitely picking it up since I missed the last sale on it. (Yes, I'm breaking my "wait for the dailies!" rule, but I doubt it's going lower than 90% off this sale.)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hexcells is absolutely amazing and totally worth the hype. I wish it was a bit longer though.

That's what 2 and Infinity are for. Infinity specifically has a random generator to let you keep playing for a very long time.

mannerbot

That's what 2 and Infinity are for. Infinity specifically has a random generator to let you keep playing for a very long time.

That reminds me, I bought 2 in the summer sale (at least I hope it wasn't last WINTER sale lol) and haven't played it yet. Could have gotten all three for less...

Momentary

Banned
I would have figured that MGS GZ would have had a bigger concurrent player base than what MGR:R did when it was first released. I know this isn't the true MGS people are really waiting for, but seems like it would have been more popular with PC players.

Turfster

I would have figured that MGS GZ would have had a bigger concurrent player base than what MGR:R did when it was first released. I know this isn't the true MGS people are really waiting for, but seems like it would have been more popular with PC players.
MGR:R had lots of russian mechabear copies.
MGS:GZ doesn't.

MUnited83

For you.

To be fair, Metal Gear Rising had a preorder phase. So there were many purchases piled up and many people already owned it on release day, which leads to a bigger number of people playing it at the same time.

MGR:R had lots of russian mechabear copies.
MGS:GZ doesn't.

.... you might want to check your sources on that one ;). Rising was actually the first title applying ACRTAG. cheap Russian mechabear copies never existed.

Water

First time using ModBot. BTW, if I wanna also put another giveaway in the holiday sale thread, I need to use the THREAD modifier, is that correct? Will NOLURKERS then only look at the sales thread or also this thread?
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Water, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock 2 -- MB-4B6D8290E9B7BAB7 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 7 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-20BF5A0A5D28AE7A - Taken by ExoSoul. 3 entrants total.

t1419040481z1.png

Ground Zeroes is the nº1 game in the top sellers list, maybe people are buying it but not playing?

I already got 5 hours out of it, best $9.43 I've spent in a while.

Momentary

Banned
To be fair, Metal Gear Rising had a preorder phase. So there were many purchases piled up and many people already owned it on release day, which leads to a bigger number of people playing it at the same time.

.... you might want to check your sources on that one ;)

That's true about the Preorder thing. Plus... I've purchased and downloaded the game but I haven't even touched it.

Ground Zeroes is the nº1 game in the top sellers list, maybe people are buying it but not playing?

I already got 5 hours out of it, best $9.43 I've spent in a while.

Yep

Just finished my first playthrough of Ground Zeroes. It's the first Metal Gear game I've ever played, but I loved every second of it. I need to get my hands on the other games and play through them, and now I'm hyped as fuck for TPP. Definitely a series I can get invested in. Hopefully they'll release a collection on Steam too.

Also, I'm amazed at how well it ran on my laptop, i7-2670QM/6GB RAM/GT 525M. Played on all the lowest settings, and the game ran smooth as butter. Funnily enough, it only ever got choppy when it was showing a TPP clip at the very end. Really well optimized.

It is pretty short (I clocked in at 2.5 hours), and leaves much to be desired, but having paid only $9 for it, I'm positive I'll get my money's worth in subsequent playthroughs.

Man, I hate that Ubisoft doesn't discount the Rocksmith song packs and only discounts the individual songs.

I mean, I'm fine buying the songs separately, but it totally sucks that I could just buy the pack at 50% off. At least I can cherry-pick the songs that I know suck.

zkylon

zkylewd
anyone has any experience with psp emulators?

my psp broke a long time ago and i never got the chance to play peace walker (and would like to before gz)

*late like a tranquilized pig*

Anyways, stream for speedrunners will be up here in a moment: http://www.twitch.tv/dunderhassan/
Gonna be interesting how this plays out with all these new updates and me being so rusty.

Excuse me while I channel my inner-Stalin...

Ask about a game's worth? Shot.
Klei supporter? Shot.
Yaiba hater? Shot.
Lost against Dunder in Speedrunners? Shot.

At least we won't get any repeats between community choices, dailies and flashs.

Right?

Riiiight.

At least now we won't have a situation where a game appears in a vote once, loses, and is never offered up at all.
Silver linings, man. Silver linings.

Why are going back to having alpaca avatars again? Never understood their appeal?

I-It's not like I-I w-want to have one too or anything! Baka!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom