• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Psst, where do I get that alpacatar hock up, Batman's not looking cute enough.

Batman%20&%20Robin%20WEB.jpg

Aaron D.

So does Flight Simulator X suck without a flight stick?

The Steam launch trailer shows a kid using a 360 pad to play, so I don't think you're DOA without a stick.

I insta-bought it when the sale started 'cause I wasn't sure if it was a price error or not. Cripes, the game just launched today at $5. That has to be one of the best deals of the whole sale event.

Oh snap.
Forgot modbot being locked to the sale thread

Get in folks! Best regards from Shadownet!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition -- MB-F5FEDE55FD6BED32 - Taken by Rudakus. 61 entrants total.
Final Fantasy XIII -- MB-EB204AAA3F1983E7 - Taken by texhnolyze. 80 entrants total.

t1418957801z1.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im a bit busy at the moment. This is the Alpaca file I use on all avatars. I might make some Alpacatars later or tomorrow depending how I feel later on.

ibdLbFEOoy1NCT.png

Grief.exe

Fuck yeah, a new Brothers in Arms game was just announ....oh. It's a mobile game developed by Gameloft.
*sigh*

ijTL1U5TMkfJ1.gif

I've actually been waiting to pick up some of those classic Ubisoft games on Steam, Brothers in Arms, Beyond Good and Evil, maybe even PoP, but I haven't seen them on a good discount in a while.

Catshade

I've actually been waiting to pick up some of those classic Ubisoft games on Steam, Brothers in Arms, Beyond Good and Evil, maybe even PoP, but I haven't seen them on a good discount in a while.

I got the first two Brother in Arms for 75% off back in...2012, I guess? It's weird that some games don't have consistent discount; I remember that Vampire: Bloodlines game didn't have any discount for several sales, and then in a short time-frame we got several 75% off event.

Speevy

Banned
I'm creating a list of games I will possibly give away. I went through Steam sales and grabbed a bunch of games that were released this year, sell for cheap even without a daily (over 50% off), and are rated highly by users.

From this list, either eliminate a game you think no one would possibly want in a giveaway or add one that they would.

The game you might suggest needs to have been released in 2014 and must be under $10.

And yes, I know, wait for the dailies. I haven't bought anything from this list yet.

The Desolate Hope
eXceed Jade Penetrate Black Package
Onikira - Demon Killer
Lovely Planet
Crimzon Clover
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
One Way Heroics
Lili: Child of Geos
100% Orange Juice
Tower of Guns
Our Darker Purpose
The Fall
Hexcells
A Story About My Uncle
LYNE
Astebreed
Epic Battle Fantasy 4

I'm creating a list of games I will possibly give away. I went through Steam sales and grabbed a bunch of games that were released this year, sell for cheap even without a daily (over 50% off), and are rated highly by users.

From this list, either eliminate a game you think no one would possibly want in a giveaway or add one that they would.

The game you might suggest needs to have been released in 2014 and must be under $10.

And yes, I know, wait for the dailies. I haven't bought anything from this list yet.

The Desolate Hope
eXceed Jade Penetrate Black Package
Onikira - Demon Killer
Lovely Planet
Crimzon Clover
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
One Way Heroics
Lili: Child of Geos
100% Orange Juice
Tower of Guns
Our Darker Purpose
The Fall
Hexcells
A Story About My Uncle
LYNE
Astebreed
Epic Battle Fantasy 4

While I'd like a sale for BBCT, nobody should buy that unless they want it in their steam library for some unknown purpose. Now that BBCS2E is out, there's no reason for anyone to buy BBCT unless they're collecting the series. BBCS2E is newer, has more characters, has a recap of the BBCT story mode, has abyss mode, has online play, etc.

Strike that from the list.

I approve of most of the rest though. :D

Vazra

While I'd like a sale for BBCT, nobody should buy that unless they want it in their steam library for some unknown purpose. Now that BBCS2E is out, there's no reason for anyone to buy BBCT unless they're collecting the series. BBCS2E is newer, has more characters, has a recap of the BBCT story mode, has abyss mode, has online play, etc.

BBCT is cheaper tho.

Speevy

Banned

Done. Thank you. This information definitely helps.

tebunker

Banned
nah. there won't be any problems.

i just used autorepost but since modbot is now directed at the sales thread it won't work here

damn, you even used the THREAD function. no problems with your great stuff sir! ;)

Yeah you have to direct it to this thread using the codes

Water

damn, you even used the THREAD function. no problems with your great stuff sir! ;)
No, I didn't use THREAD - I just saw it in the instructions and was wondering if I should use it if I make another giveaway in the sales thread. But you're saying sales thread is now somehow primary, does that mean I should have used THREAD for the giveaway on this thread?

*confus*

tebunker

Banned
i goofed.

totally forgot modbot getting redirected at the sale thread.

no worries though. people here still got a chance.

yeah and it was a good giveaway, I was more mentioning it for others who might see it, they need to remember to direct it here during the sale

No, I didn't use THREAD - I just saw it in the instructions and was wondering if I should use it if I make another giveaway in the sales thread. But you're saying sales thread is now somehow primary, does that mean I should have used THREAD for the giveaway on this thread?

*confus*
no. modbot just could need a bit more time editing the winners.

i forgot to add it and it still works fine.

it's cool man. sorry for making you confused, hah.

Lomax

should i buy gems now or the price will be lower later?

I suspect they will drift lower over the sale but they are already about at the point where booster pack value supports, so it may not change a whole lot. I wouldn't really expect them to get higher though other than just normal variation across the day.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Tower of Guns -- MB-068BFD3875F460D1 - Taken by Speevy
Teleglitch Die More Edition -- MB-A7B9698226DDD42D - Taken by Anustart

MUnited83

For you.
http://www.dlgamer.us/download-transformers_rise_of_the_dark_spark-pc_games-p-23667.html

DLGamer has the latest Transformers game for 18 bucks. Supposed to be terrible but I know some collectors have voiced concerns on whether Transformers will be Activision's "drop it like its' hot" license this year.

I don't think Activision willl drop Transformers or Amazing Spider-Man licenses any time soon.

Now things like Korra, Family Guy, Fast and Furious, Walking Dead, Ice Age... those are the most likely to get dropped.

Vazra

Im shocked that Yaiba is that cheap on steam right now. it needs to be 5 dollars or less for me to actually bother with it tho.

I didn't participate in this giveaway but I'm not gonna lie, I'm genuinely upset that more people would rather have lame ass FF13.
oh prinny.

so many here seemed to have a jolly good time with it.

don't let your heart fill with hatred bro!

spread the love!

then again... you have a wiiu. i can understand your bitterness

/jk

Hoping for the new Lara Croft to go on sale. Only 50% off Sniper Elite 3 is disappointing though.

More disappointing is the level of discount on the SE3 season pass. Game's 50% off, season pass is like 33%.

Seems like they've been studying the Bethesda model of business. :\

Forcing us to buy the GOTY edition because the DLC sale prices are more expensive? Shot.

Well, I now have Metal Gear Rising. I've heard great things (and like Platinum games in general) so I have high hopes for it.

I also got E.Y.E, which I've, er, had my eye on for a while, along with a ton of Rocksmith DLC.

I'm still annoyed that the Rocksmith Disk Import Tool isn't on sale, but I guess I can wait for Rocksmith + Disk Import Tool + to be cheaper in the future (hopefully, I'm not too keen to spend $17 bucks on two things I already own on a console, just for the couple songs I want out of it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom