• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

So, should I buy MGR:Revengeance if I still haven't even managed to install or play DMC4 and I generally suck at the genre?

Conceptor

Question: am I allowed to ask to buy a particular Steam game/key off someone in this thread? Or is that best reserved for the BST thread? I'm not sure where else people might be selling/trading Steam games on GAF! Thanks
blush.gif

It could be that more people already own Sleeping Dogs. :p

That couldn't possibly be it.
Or it couldn't possibly be that FF13 is the best FF game since the PSone games.

Or some combination of both.

Question: am I allowed to ask to buy a particular Steam game/key off someone in this thread? Or is that best reserved for the BST thread? I'm not sure where else people might be selling/trading Steam games on GAF! Thanks
blush.gif

Best to keep to the B/S/T.

Well, I now have Metal Gear Rising. I've heard great things (and like Platinum games in general) so I have high hopes for it.

I also got E.Y.E, which I've, er, had my eye on for a while, along with a ton of Rocksmith DLC.

I'm still annoyed that the Rocksmith Disk Import Tool isn't on sale, but I guess I can wait for Rocksmith + Disk Import Tool + to be cheaper in the future (hopefully, I'm not too keen to spend $17 bucks on two things I already own on a console, just for the couple songs I want out of it).

What's the Disk Import Tool?

Actually managed to repel a attacker in DS2.
Was trying to use a Homeward Bone and was finding it off that I couldn't.
Then right in front of me was the invader. Lots of running around and being able to luckily summon Lucatiel to help out. Was a fun experience.

<3 Lucatiel.

Jawmuncher

Actually managed to repel a attacker in DS2.
Was trying to use a Homeward Bone and was finding it off that I couldn't.
Then right in front of me was the invader. Lots of running around and being able to luckily summon Lucatiel to help out. Was a fun experience.

blush.gif
you're better off with the BST thread tbh
there are plenty of people selling games there.
don't think you'll have much luck here.

XShagrath

Do you need that if you have both games on Steam and installed? I don't see it as something in the Steam catalog... :\
If you want to play the original songs in RS2014, you do. Last sale, it did have a discount, so it's up to you if you want to bite. I did it on Day 1, since RS2014 is a much much nicer experience than the original is. Also, all of those songs have updated charts for the new game since it doesn't use the "Single Note/Combo" system and just uses Rhythm/Lead/Bass system.

zkylon

zkylewd
lucatiel's pretty awesome but the supporting cast in dark souls 2 is kinda lame. can't even remember most characters. the creepy naked crow lady, gavlan and headless vengarl were cool tho.

dark souls 1 was just too tough an act to follow. siegmeyer, solaire, lautrec, priscilla <3... there were just too many good characters in 1.

Beat the initial Ground Zeroes mission for MGSV:GZ...Now I just have to go back and do the side stuff so I can open up the last 2 side missions but I can do that tomorrow

Thank You Brazil...lol

StAidan

Will I be crucified for saying I don't like dark souls? I'm not interested in it at all

I bought it today, haven't played it yet. I don't think I'm likely to place it among my favorite games, but figured at $5.00 it was probably worth putting a little time into.

You're not a bad person.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I bought it today, haven't played it yet. I don't think I'm likely to place it among my favorite games, but figured at $5.00 it was probably worth putting a little time into.

You're not a bad person.

Downright terrible.

iosefe

Will I be crucified for saying I don't like dark souls? I'm not interested in it at all

i have a half interest in the game. i got it, and i know its good, but i'm half assing my playthrough. i also need to git gud, but that is totally and completely irrelevant

>_>

inb4 "Crucifige eum!"

Tizoc

What's the cheapest 'Life is Strange' is going for atm?

Also do you get a card for every $10 or so spent or steam like summer sale or not?

My recent purchases was for $9.74ish so hope Steam recognizes that when I make my next purchase >_>;

New flashies in an hour right?

a little over an hour. to see how much you've spent during this sale just go to your badges page and click "how do I earn card drops?" on the Holiday Sale 2014 pane.

2 winter sales in a row where I bought a game for pennies just to farm it's trading cards for a tiny profit. 2 years in a row I got a foil drop from those games.

Tizoc

Jawmuncher, look DINOSAURS
tumblr_ngt50wAZM81qjqehno1_1280.png

AND FABULOUS POSES.

Araki can't draw dogs to save his life if he says that's a dinosaur, those little horned things are dinosaurs

Morning guys.
Hall of shame again? :\

What did I miss? I slept barely 4 hours today, have no energy to read, can barely keep my eyes open

So the engine is kind of rough, and it's pretty unfinished around the edges, but Road Redemption really does do a good job of scratching that Road Rage itch.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Well, finally got a new PS3, so I guess this sale will be cut short for me :O
yes, again, last sale got cut short by a PS4 :p

You should do 1 multi-quote post every 200 posts... Sort of like a "Previously on SteamGAF"
i support this endeavour
D'aawwww you guys, but I'm no Lionel Mandrake, too far from his greatness :(
Also you post too much for me to do it that frequently :p

Im not saving anything.
*popcorn.gif*

Can we get a moment of silence for our fallen brother javadots?
nice thread btw

Didn't even know Shadownet got banned, wow.
Yeah, a while due to some bickering and name calling between him and Ozium. Definitely not one of SteamGAF's finest moments.

PC ports of any in the series would undoubtedly be huge. #PCtheprinnies would be a smarter hashtag. Doesn't Sega own NIS now or something anyway?
Atlus, not NIS.
Atlus did publish some NIS games in the past IIRC.

Given the thread title for this thread, the sale thread should have had the title A thread for mods that don't like to post in community threads.
Certainly, given they haven't even bothered to close the old thread XD

i never got my avatar alpacafied
And that is a good thing.

It... arises... anew

We defcon 5 here folks
Defcon-1 you mean.

i'm not against having fun but i think that's one of the main reasons why we were shoved into community
Nah, this was shoved into community because it is one, plus getting information from it was kinda difficult unless you were a regular to be honest.
The only true disadvantage of being here is that it gets less exposure and thus less "fresh meat" so to speak.

Well I don't think we can fall much lower now. Let them have their fun
Oh no, one can *always* fall lower... far, far lower...

It's the holidays, so it doesn't really feel right to me to give away games from bundles with rules attached. Go crazy, I guess.

That middle one should be Skara: The Blade Remains.
Man, not only Modbot abandoned the thread, he is taking the games too!
Guess this is how Skynet begins.

Going to rest for a bit. See you all tomorrow my good people!
Good night! :D

Why didn't anyone tell me we have a new thread?
So that you'd read my previous quote wall of course.

Worth it even if it has GFWL?
Yes, and that abortion is getting removed next year! :D

anyone has any experience with psp emulators?

my psp broke a long time ago and i never got the chance to play peace walker (and would like to before gz)
The only ones I know of are JPCSP and PPSSPP, which work okay last I checked. No idea how they are with PW specifically. Maybe you could borrow a Vita?

At least we won't get any repeats between community choices, dailies and flashs.

Right?

Riiiight.
I expect one community vote to be a choice between Alan Wake, Borderlands 2 and Magicka.

I didn't participate in this giveaway but I'm not gonna lie, I'm genuinely upset that more people would rather have lame ass FF13.
I already have both Sleepy Dawgs, and I'd rather get FFXIII as a gift instead of paying for it again :p

Hoping for the new Lara Croft to go on sale. Only 50% off Sniper Elite 3 is disappointing though.
Unlikely, but it is available on tf2outpost/dispenser for about 4 or 5 keys so that's your best bet.

I don't think Activision willl drop Transformers or Amazing Spider-Man licenses any time soon.

Now things like Korra, Family Guy, Fast and Furious, Walking Dead, Ice Age... those are the most likely to get dropped.
Thanks for the reminder that I don't have TWD and Ice Age! Should get onto that.

blush.gif
Better to do that in the BST thread.

That couldn't possibly be it.
Or it couldn't possibly be that FF13 is the best FF game since the PSone games.

Or some combination of both.
Maybe in a universe where the PS2 never existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom