• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlogger

Strangely enough, I can't participate in the 2014 GOTY nominations because I'm pretty sure I didn't play a single game this year that came out during 2014 (let alone bought one).

Asgaro

oh lord.

GysC7A7.gif

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Damn you're right, gotta try that new one!
But yeah, it's truly amazing, love playing it with friends and the fact you can play your turn whenever you want and wait for the other player to complete his in multiplayer.

Yeah, this is probably the only game I never played the single player at all. The Multiplayer is the game IMO, the campaign is just a really long tutorial :p

Uzzy

jHvBOTN.png

So a reminder that the 2nd SteamGAF GOTY awards will be hitting earlyJanuary, it's a good idea to finish off any games that you feel have potential that were released this year.

Last year's nail-biting results.

A few changes/notes to this year:

- APS (Average Point Score) determines who wins if a game is tied in points
- Option to reflect or write a summary on your 1# game - will be used in inaugural award ceremony
- Time given in January so people can post who they felt was the best game of 2014
- 5 games max limit,1# will get 5 points and 2# will get 4 and so on...
- Episodic content can only be allowed into the contest if it starts in 2014
- New thread for awards might be a good idea

If you have any pointers then please give a shout, more info in the future will come on how to vote.

Looking forward to this, and they're the only GAF awards that count. Will we only be able to write a summary for our 1# game though?

MRORANGE

Looking forward to this, and they're the only GAF awards that count. Will we only be able to write a summary for our 1# game though?

votes are sent by PM, but feel free to write one for your #1 game as some of them will be used for games in the top 10.

autoduelist

Wut.

Can they even do that?

It was probably just automated or some lawyer. I wouldn't read too much into it -- protecting your copyrights/etc is serious business, and overzealous mistakes get made sometimes because failing to protect them can cause serious issues down the road.

Grief.exe

Strangely enough, I can't participate in the 2014 GOTY nominations because I'm pretty sure I didn't play a single game this year that came out during 2014 (let alone bought one).

If you had voted for Bioshock Infinite and caused the scales to tip, SteamGAF would go down in history as having terrible taste.

We came that close.

Volimar

The GAF GOTY thread has a spreadsheet of games that came out this year if you need to see if your game makes the cut (or to jog your memory).

Good day folks of steam-gaf!

Hope there are some good deals for today.

Kinda bummed I somehow miss half of flash deals every day though.

But first let's see what happened in the last day here.

Sch1sm

Good day folks of steam-gaf!

Hope there are some good deals for today.

Kinda bummed I somehow miss half of flash deals every day though.

But first let's see what happened in the last day here.

Scroll all the way down beneath your wishlist items, there's the last set of flash deals. They run for 24h.

Dr Dogg

Blimey O'Reilly that first server bridge segment in Unity came right out of the leftfield. Guess that's what those Time Anomalies were all about then huh.

Also having 5 games on the go at once really isn't doing me any favours for getting stuff finished.

Huh. Well, if you keep talking about how you like TEW, maybe that ponzi scheme information will no longer be required. :) And yes, it's a snail made out of Ta for some reason..

You know how it is. He who Meh's first Meh's the loudest. Pretty much any game that comes out has an angry mod attached to it, especially when it's a PC version that doesn't magically work on someone's antiquated system. Sure it had some teething issues and had a few patches before I got my hands on it (which boys and girls is why you don't dive into buying games unless you're willing to take a chance) but it's far, far from the horror show some were describing it.

Just when you thought you've seen it all...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I've played waaaaaaay too much DS, EU IV, MK8 and Smash to be able to make a full steam top ten.

I'm going to be a fight between DS2 and Shovel Knight though, what do you think about that delight.exe?

I can also confirm that Killer is Dead will make it to the top 7

C4rter

You can disable it by going to Firefox's addons page and then opening ES' own options page.

I had a look at the options before but I couldn't find the option that hides game I already own. I could only find the option that highlights games I already own.
Can you tell me what the configuration is?

Dr Dogg

Damn I wish I could play AC: Unity! It really is gorgeous but my 780 doesn't handle it too well.T_T

Well I'm only using 1 780 at the moment. Granted I've got it clocked to 1176mhz and at times I'm running on fumes (only game that has hit the 106% power limit that 265 watts!). At 1920x1080 I bounce between 40-60fps and at 2560x1440 it's pretty much and average of 30fps dipping and rising over that target slightly depending what's on screen. Disabling ambient occlusion and lowering shadows to low can get me a fairly consistent 60fps at 1920x1080 but it looks horrible without some AO. For the real extreme cuts back, leaving all the effects turned up but resolution dropped back to 1280x720 doesn't ever miss a beat at 60fps but I'm not playing at that resolution. Shame there's not much to scale the game back like Black Flag had but Unity is definitely something I'm going to revisit in a couple of years when I've upgraded GPU(s).

Those shots are amazing. Such a clean DoF implementation.

Definitely the best implementation I've seen in real time rendering. Surprisingly it's not massively expensive either, 15-20% GPU load. Compared to The Witcher 2 and the bokeh you added to Dark Souls II which hit me a lot harder.

Those are some fantastic shots, Doc.

I honestly don't think I'll finish nity this year as every street corner is a photo op waiting to happen.

Because I really have an aversion to doing any work today...
Blimey O'Reilly that first server bridge segment in Unity came right out of the leftfield. Guess that's what those Time Anomalies were all about then huh.
Crazy good screenshots Doc!
There are so much details in Unity I wonder how much manhours went into the whole game? Also wonder if it's worth it when most people run throughout these crazy detailed environments.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I had a look at the options before but I couldn't find the option that hides game I already own. I could only find the option that highlights games I already own.
Can you tell me what the configuration is?

If you go to the search page you can uncheck "Items you own" in the "Hide" menu on the right hand side. Currently there is a bug that isn't limiting this to search results. Hopefully I'll have that patched up in the next version.

Monooboe

Well I'm only using 1 780 at the moment. Granted I've got it clocked to 1176mhz and at times I'm running on fumes (only game that has hit the 106% power limit that 265 watts!). At 1920x1080 I bounce between 40-60fps and at 2560x1440 it's pretty much and average of 30fps dipping and rising over that target slightly depending what's on screen. Disabling ambient occlusion and lowering shadows to low can get me a fairly consistent 60fps at 1920x1080 but it looks horrible without some AO. For the real extreme cuts back, leaving all the effects turned up but resolution dropped back to 1280x720 doesn't ever miss a beat at 60fps but I'm not playing at that resolution. Shame there's not much to scale the game back like Black Flag had but Unity is definitely something I'm going to revisit in a couple of years when I've upgraded GPU(s).

Definitely the best implementation I've seen in real time rendering. Surprisingly it's not massively expensive either, 15-20% GPU load. Compared to The Witcher 2 and the bokeh you added to Dark Souls II which hit me a lot harder.

I honestly don't think I'll finish nity this year as every street corner is a photo op waiting to happen.

I got it to run ok when I removed AA completely and lowered couple of things, this at 2560x1440. Playing it though at those setting just doesn't feel right. Going to try running it at 1080 in my living room someday soon and see how much better I can get it to run. Far Cry 4 also runs so much better just by going down on resolution.

Dr Dogg

Guess it's time to back up Dark Souls Steamy Edition incase this isn't a very, very silly oversight. I'm surprised there hasn't been a 'Scamco just shot themselves in the foot' post but I guess everyone is still in shock.

Crazy good screenshots Doc!
There are so much details in Unity I wonder how much manhours went into the whole game? Also wonder if it's worth it when most people run throughout these crazy detailed environments.

I'm pretty sure Ubisoft draft's in half the population of Canada when cranking out an Ass Creed. That or at least half of them have an Ass Creed game on their CV/Resume.

So I love strategy games, and am contemplating Endless Legend. I've never tried a 4x specifically before, but the game looks amazing. Any one here play and have any comments if it is worth it? I just need a shove one way or other as I'm on the fence.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
So I love strategy games, and am contemplating Endless Legend. I've never tried a 4x specifically before, but the game looks amazing. Any one here play and have any comments if it is worth it? I just need a shove one way or other as I'm on the fence.

I played around with it for a bit. Some computer troubles have pushed it to the wayside but I like what I experienced.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Games:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-B252E5AA0F3B1AF9 - Taken by Servizio
Pixel Hunter -- MB-602565E2123080E4 - Taken by lindarasta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom