• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monooboe

So played some Elite: Dangerous, took one delivery mission, flew to a new starsystem, was the wrong system, looked at a star and then flew to the correct starsystem and docked in a orbiting station... might be the scariest shit I've done in gaming all year!XD

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hmm, never got your PM, I added you to the Hall of Fame, congrats!

qt0hQ4y.png
jshackles: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=128174372&postcount=1655

Awesome, thanks!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The scary thing is you're not the king of playtime for Marvel on my friends list. You're at 1180.7 hours where another GAFfer is at 1183.6 hours.

your friend has good taste

If anyone needs the Holiday card Blase to craft a badge, send me a trade offer here (you don't need to include anything, obviously)

First one I get will get the OK.

Just so anyone knows, if you get card doubles and you need to trade for badges, the trading forum is remarkably efficient. Today I got to 10 cards and had 3 doubles. I posted on the forum for 1:1 trades and within a minute I got six or seven trade offers, so I could pick and choose exactly what I wanted.

steam is really upsetting me, all they ever give me is doubles from the voting thing. I got a spare Itsy, Sage, & Silver. I'm looking for any of the ones that I haven't mentioned(also no Blase, I got that one too)

steam is really upsetting me, all they ever give me is doubles from the voting thing. I got a spare Itsy, Sage, & Silver. I'm looking for any of the ones that I haven't mentioned(also no Blase, I got that one too)

The trading forum on steam is lightning fast. You'll get several offers in seconds.

Now seems like a good idea for me to tell you how I didn't get a single double this year until after I completed the badge.

I didn't really buy that many games, either, so this isn't a scattershot effect.

autoduelist

Is it normal for the Steam client to be dirt slow during sales? I'm talking -dirt- slow, at least since yesterday. Webstore is fast and responsive, but even something like looking at my friends' list takes quite awhile now. It's a new computer with a new install, just making sure the issue isn't on my side.

Dr Dogg

So count surprise The Evil Within is pretty alright. Well I say that but I've only done the first chapter and a half so not really enough to give any meaningful indication of quality but first impression count right? Speaking of Tango's logo is like something out of the 90's. Is that meant to be an anthropomorphic Snail?

Why would anyone have a link to Desura on his/her desktop instead of having it buried in some sub-sub-sub-folder?

I have a link to Desura on my desktop just cause it put itself there automatically when I got Marvin's Mittens. I haven't used it since, but I'm not hurting for space (I only have two columns worth of icons) so it stays there, especially since it's still the crystalline logo. Had they changed it to the fuzzy beholder, it would have got the boot pretty fast.

Knurek

The Depths in Dark Souls is one of the most terrifying experiences in gaming.

Few things come close to dropping down in center of a murder of basilisks and seeing the Curse bar fill up quickly. Especially if you have a good amount of souls from clearing up the place...

Few things indeed... Like, dunno, Ravenholm. Blighttown. Getting a CTD, followed by a BSOD, followed up by the PC not booting and a wisp of smoke coming out of the case.

Few things come close to dropping down in center of a murder of basilisks and seeing the Curse bar fill up quickly. Especially if you have a good amount of souls from clearing up the place...

Few things indeed... Like, dunno, Ravenholm. Blighttown. Getting a CTD, followed by a BSOD, followed up by the PC not booting and a wisp of smoke coming out of the case.

I never found Ravenholm to be "terrifying" at all. :\

But yes -- holy shit, if you're wearing the wrong gear... it's a fuckin' wake up call.
I was farming rats for humanity so I could get my chaos servant to +2 and open up the Lost Izalith shortcut... and I made a wrong turn and figured I'd just loop back up through the shortcut back tot he bonfire...

The difference from when I was down here last time? I was now wearing the gold hemmed robes instead of the crimson robes. My curse bar had shrunk to the size of one of those halloween candy bars and was filling up in LARGE dhunks.

I think I've been cursed in all my time with dark souls like 2-3 times max and it's cause I always make that mistake. LOL

So count surprise The Evil Within is pretty alright. Well I say that but I've only done the first chapter and a half so not really enough to give any meaningful indication of quality but first impression count right? Speaking of Tango's logo is like something out of the 90's. Is that meant to be an anthropomorphic Snail?

Huh. Well, if you keep talking about how you like TEW, maybe that ponzi scheme information will no longer be required. :) And yes, it's a snail made out of Ta for some reason.

Why would anyone have a link to Desura on his/her desktop instead of having it buried in some sub-sub-sub-folder?

I'll do you one better. It's on my quicklaunch bar.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I was pretty sloppy in my Steamworks replay and I got cursed down there too lol. Of course I had like no points in my health stat so the curse took me down to like 1 hit level of health. My palms were so sweaty making the run back to get my souls through all those basilisks again and then trekking back to the vendor who sells the curse removal stuff.

I had a major heart attack in the depths. I had stopped right in front of one of the holes that drop you down to the frogs and was in the menu. I accidentally hit the roll button which made my character roll forward. Somehow she didn't fall in the hole and instead was standing on a tiny edge. I'm pretty sure that moment took a few years off my life.

bluechox2

ModBot said:
Instructions for bluechox2:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bluechox2, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gun Monkeys #3 -- MB-A064A23B47217385
Eve Online Skirmisher Addon -- MB-12A2459387F4EF9C
Gun Monkeys -- MB-1D0B5F1EB3372AD2
Eve Online Industrialist Addon #2 -- MB-66AB8856E8193136
Gun Monkeys #2 -- MB-B00A7118306EA3B5
Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-69EDF2F9EDA2E3DC
Canyon Capers #2 -- MB-4939EF20F13E6FA7
Eve Online 30 day Trial -- MB-2F89829093A453C2
Eve Online Industrialist Addon -- MB-C0BA06322BD87E7B
OnLive 7 Day Trial -- MB-093779F25623EAC6
Eve Online Explorer Addon -- MB-4DF279A87320C73D
Eve Online Colonist Addon -- MB-276C67DCA27A6E70
Eve Online 30 day Trial #2 -- MB-0B3FA24277E4EA4F
Eve Online Colonist Addon #2 -- MB-1EC28E8ACFBD1918
Eve Online Skirmisher Addon #2 -- MB-9FFAE1629DEF77AE
Nosgoth Veteran Pack -- MB-B10C3D9C2AA743CD - Taken by Pranay_
Eve Online Explorer Addon #2 -- MB-4A091B7265973C8B

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Gun Monkeys #3 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Eve Online Skirmisher Addon was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Gun Monkeys was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Eve Online Industrialist Addon #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Gun Monkeys #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Huntsman The Orphanage was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Canyon Capers #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Eve Online 30 day Trial was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Eve Online Industrialist Addon was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for OnLive 7 Day Trial was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Eve Online Explorer Addon was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Eve Online Colonist Addon was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Eve Online 30 day Trial #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Eve Online Colonist Addon #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Eve Online Skirmisher Addon #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Nosgoth Veteran Pack was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Eve Online Explorer Addon #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1419287157z1.png

these keys have not been taken

Phawx

I was this -- close to pulling the trigger on the last two Meridian 4 games I don't own. But I figured I could wait until they get bundled.

XShagrath

Anyone wanna join in on a Tabletop Simulator (US) 4-pack? Knocks the price down a couple bucks.

PM me if interested and I'll host.

1. XShagrath
2. Woody Invincible
3. cicero
4. cicero

Edit: Full.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I'm really, really late with this, my apologies. You can thank my bank for that. They had some "technical difficulties" in the last couple of hours.

Anyhow. It's the seventh night of Hanukkah, which mean's it's time for another giveaway. Zero-Crescent won Final Fantasy VII yesterday and this was his choice for today:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Maxwood, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming -- MB-9C829D67544E1FBC - Taken by Blitzhex. 42 entrants total.
To whoever wins, please don't forget to PM your choice for tomorrow's giveaway, see original post at around 3734 in the Steam December II Thread for the rules.

t1419298137z1.png
To whoever wins the raffle: Please PM me the name of a game you want to see in tomorrow's giveaway. Just one simple rule: It must be available on Steam for 10 Euro's or less. (since I still don't own a money tree)
If I don't receive a reccomendation in 24 hours, i'll get one of the titles some other nice Gaffers recommended or choose one myself.

Happy holiday's! :)

Toki767

I'm really, really late with this, my apologies. You can thank my bank for that. They had some "technical difficulties" in the last couple of hours.

Anyhow. It's the seventh night of Hanukkah, which mean's it's time for another giveaway. Zero-Crescent won Final Fantasy VII yesterday and this was his choice for today:

To whoever wins the raffle: Please PM me the name of a game you want to see in tomorrow's giveaway. Just one simple rule: It must be available on Steam for 10 Euro's or less. (since I still don't own a money tree)
If I don't receive a reccomendation in 24 hours, i'll get one of the titles some other nice Gaffers recommended or choose one myself.

Happy holiday's! :)

Oh wow. I didn't realize that game came out already. Thanks for the giveaways as always.

Just played a bunch of missions in Door Kickers, seems like an enjoyable game but the mechanics got nothing against Frozen Synapse, which have a kinda similar gameplay.
More often than not I get really annoyed by doing a single planning completion and the realtime phase seems too easy, but then, I've only played 8 missions.
If you liked Door Kickers, but haven't tried Frozen Synapse, get it now!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I think this is it. The final list. I might try to put The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Mind: Path of Thalamus in there somewhere in the next couple of weeks, probably kicking out Le Paris and Sneaky Grabby, but that's about it.

Such a great year for gaming. I'll be playing 2014 released titles for years.

Grief.exe

I watched some Jeff Green Dark Souls and now Im eager to play it again. Good I don't need GFWL now.

I made a level 20 build for low level sunbroing with a spot of PVP on the side. I'm up to Anor Londo now.

Went through as soon as I started the game and made a beeline for Havel's ring, Lautec's ring, and Blighttown for the Iaito.

autoduelist

Any ideas why my new laptop's Steam Client is super slow compared to my old computer? My new laptop is SSD and an order of magnitude faster, but the Steam client is just molasses.

Just played a bunch of missions in Door Kickers, seems like an enjoyable game but the mechanics got nothing against Frozen Synapse, which have a kinda similar gameplay.
More often than not I get really annoyed by doing a single planning completion and the realtime phase seems too easy, but then, I've only played 8 missions.
If you liked Door Kickers, but haven't tried Frozen Synapse, get it now!

Thanks for this, added to wishlist. I'm currently playing (and enjoying) Breach & Clear, which is fun but not nearly as hard as I wanted it to be. Still, for the current sale price, worth checking out for FS fans

MRORANGE

jHvBOTN.png

So a reminder that the 2nd SteamGAF GOTY awards will be hitting earlyJanuary, it's a good idea to finish off any games that you feel have potential that were released this year.

Last year's nail-biting results.

A few changes/notes to this year:

- APS (Average Point Score) determines who wins if a game is tied in points
- Option to reflect or write a summary on your 1# game - will be used in inaugural award ceremony
- Time given in January so people can post who they felt was the best game of 2014
- 5 games max limit,1# will get 5 points and 2# will get 4 and so on...
- Episodic content can only be allowed into the contest if it starts in 2014
- New thread for awards might be a good idea

If you have any pointers then please give a shout, more info in the future will come on how to vote.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just poppin' in to say that Advanced Warfare's campaign is legit good. Man, that was a lot of fun for what it was, a roller coaster ride with future guns.

best in many years imo (since COD4 probably)

So... I finally finished Batman: Arkham Origins, after a long time. At the end of the day, I enjoyed this game quite a lot and I think it's better than City in two important points: combat and plot.

Now, one of the best things about the Arkham series for me is to see all this Bat-villains on the same game. But City though that it was a good idea to
kill major characters at the end
. Asylum also had a nonsensical thing with "Hulk-Joker". Origins, while still has it weird plot things (dat memory loss), feels more like a "traditional Bat-Story" for me.

Major disappointments also include the usage of Deathstroke and Bane being around for too much time.

Besides that, I remember that people complained a lot about bugs when the game was first released. Now, I did find some minor bugs like enemies going through the ground after defeated or just standing around doing nothing but nothing game breaking (most of them are probably already fixed)... except one thing:

In the post-game there's a mission where you hunt down some criminals that escaped from Blackgate. When you find one, a facial recognition scan is done and the enemy glows in a gold color. Except that sometimes doesn't happen at all and even when it does work, sometimes you can't actually beat them. After beating all the enemies in the area, you have to "interrogate" the prisoner which somehow is impossible in some situations.

These issues on the post game really left a bad taste in my mouth in what I was considering a great experience. The game is still good though, just not polished enough.

Now, into another game that is sitting on my library for a long time: The Last Remnant.

iosefe

jHvBOTN.png

So a reminder that the 2nd SteamGAF GOTY awards will be hitting earlyJanuary, it's a good idea to finish off any games that you feel have potential that were released this year.

Last year's nail-biting results.

A few changes/notes to this year:

- APS (Average Point Score) determines who wins if a game is tied in points
- Option to reflect or write a summary on your 1# game - will be used in inaugural award ceremony
- Time given in January so people can post who they felt was the best game of 2014
- 5 games max limit,1# will get 5 points and 2# will get 4 and so on...
- Episodic content can only be allowed into the contest if it starts in 2014
- New thread for awards might be a good idea

If you have any pointers then please give a shout, more info in the future will come on how to vote.

are Early Access games eligible, even on a case by case basis?

*just read original post, yay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom