• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

No I just do not usually buy games at full price. I usually wait for 10% off or more. So I can use my $12 now on DD or wait a bit more for a sale for DOS2 and use the $12 for that then.

Depends on what you're really itching to play.

I can vouch for DD. It's incredible.

Time to clear out old keys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

ANIMALITY -- MB-CEB404DD9BCD5B3E - Taken by dot
Adventures On The Polluted Islands -- MB-A6BFF30F6FC06CF2 - Taken by MaxiLive
Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology -- MB-AFDB32D90635E71B - Taken by NingenJanai
Blitzkrieg Anthology -- MB-E33727AC7A7458C8 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total. - Taken by PaulSane
Crab Dub -- MB-B81B7EA3A0286DB3 - Taken by longlivegaming
Deadly 30 -- MB-561D915F60F54343 - Taken by TheGreenArrow
Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead -- MB-6FC75504988C384F - Taken by rainking187
Megamagic: Wizards of the Neon Age -- MB-AEDDD42C1C9715F8 - Taken by septicore
Melter Man -- MB-3DC78E102DFA1644 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Nary -- MB-4E03A1E041DE1B98 - Taken by Madn
Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic -- MB-5F8EC28369CFB755 - Taken by Orakio Rob
Pixel Survivors -- MB-DD32B1E392622248 - Taken by sadblob
Project Tarvotan -- MB-5847D088F030F518 - Taken by voodooray
ShipLord -- MB-1693F08464EBA694
Three Days -- MB-A4470F5D2EABBDAD - Taken by InquisitorAles
Timore Inferno -- MB-861EF131E28AD7F7 - Taken by Dangerblade
a Family of Grave Diggers -- MB-174226691797A594 - Taken by Ludens

Pixieking

Banned
It's $ 52.99 here. :/

I guess I'll wait for the Steam price.

My price is in UK pounds, yours is in US dollars, and £39 = $52 according to my currency conversion app. Steam price will be 60 US dollars/50 UK pounds, I would think, considering it's KT publishing it.

GS9q5x4.png

IbDT0Zl.png

KRjmKDY.png

I definitely didn't expect ska.

I definitely got ska.

Yeah I liked that first video.

Buy Darkest Dungeon and get Tifa in your party via workshop.

Perhaps the closest I've been sold on Darkest Dungeon, though I don't think I'd like seeing Tifa go insane or something.

zkylon

zkylewd
so, a few hours later, i think prey's evolved into actually a pretty good bioshock game

what changed is that a) i went nuts and unlocked ALL THE POWERS and i'm now a monster of my own creation far scarier than any goo spider in the known universe, and b) a lot of characters and stories started appearing which gave the game some much needed sense of drama and momentum

i'm glad, cos this game is repetitive in a way i find really tedious (inventory management and crafting and hacking minigames zzzz), so having a story and characters really helps me get through all the fluff that's in the way of me enjoying this game

but finally i'm there, i've gotten to playing long sessions because i want to know where the story goes and i'm mostly being entertained by the gameplay loop, even if i think it's bogged down by busywork and bad enemy design. hopefully the story will pay off, i don't think they've done a very good job of telling it so far, but the themes are really appealing to me and it'd be great if it was done well. but yeah, lots of characters showed up and the sidestories got a whole lot better, that's really important for me

also that tifa thing is really neat, modders are awesome

My price is in UK pounds, yours is in US dollars, and £39 = $52 according to my currency conversion app. Steam price will be 60 US dollars/50 UK pounds, I would think, considering it's KT publishing it.

it will be priced as any other KT game, I think, all were at £44.99 day one

edited: it needs to be repeatedly said that digital game prices are insane these days

Hopefully, that will be the case.

Pixieking

Banned
it will be priced as any other KT game, I think, all were at £44.99 day one

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Price_DESC&developer=KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.

There's, like, 10 or 12 games there which are £49.99, including Atelier Firis, Attack on Titan, Blue Reflection... I mean, I hope Nioh will be £45, but I genuinely don't think it will be. The less they can undercut the PS4 "complete edition" price and get away with it, the happier they'll be.

Edit: I wonder if their pricing is related to the hammering the £ has taken since Brexit. Hmmm.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Luna Online Reborn -- MB-8B761B8D91DA845C - Taken by Sarcasm

Deques

It's Reborn™ though.

But yeah, I'm also pretty sure it's a F2P game. I played it at one point, super grindy.

Why even bother to revive such an old game?
The feature list on the game's store page isn't that great, you could do all that more than a decade ago

shockdude

Why even bother to revive such an old game?
The feature list on the game's store page isn't that great, you could do all that more than a decade ago
If there's enough nostalgia, people will buy it.
Never heard of that game, but then again I don't really follow MMOs.

Deques

k0Ypd_s-200x150.gif

MMO publishers see Steam as a platform to give their games a 2nd life.

If there's enough nostalgia, people will buy it.
Never heard of that game, but then again I don't really follow MMOs.

I am not sure if they can profit from this game. But I don't know the market. And if it's going to be a f2p game then their only income is from ingame shop. Probably not many players are going to use it. There are better and more rewarding mmo games to play

I am not sure if they can profit from this game. But I don't know the market. And if it's going to be a f2p game then their only income is from ingame shop. Probably not many players are going to use it. There are better and more rewarding mmo games to play

MMO market is pretty unique.

I have some friends who are still spending $10 monthly on 10+ year-old MMOs like Ragnarok or RF Online. One of them is still on an Athlon PC, and they're all grown-ups who have a steady job.

shockdude

They're betting on having a couple nostalgic whales support the entire MMO. Whether that works out for them is a different question.

PaulSane

Whoops, turned out i already own this, i guess i should really consider installing that one extension that shows you what you own from a giveaway.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PaulSane, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blitzkrieg Anthology -- MB-E33727AC7A7458C8 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.

t1507107521z1.png

Mifec

so Battle Chasers is pretty fantastic. It has the best jrpg style (just not to confuse it with xcom or something) turn based battle system I've seen it many many years.

Once you delve deep into the systems they created and understand how it all works, man its fun. Finished the first (of eight) dungeons on heroic (you can choose normal or heroic the first time, and then legendary if you want to run through it again, diablo style) after about 3 hours of playing, so can already see how this will be easily 30+ hours like people said.

My main issue is that it only has autosave unless I missed it. In can breeze through the slime version of the sewers but the boss does 300+ non preventable damage and I'm punished with money loss I could not have prevented.

Sarcasm

How do you get the free DLC for Total Warhammer? I click download and it launches that..launcher. Why does this have its own launcher?

Why can't I see the DLC installed/owned?

I'm allowed to make a completely off topic post here on account of this being my GAF chill place right? I'll keep it brief. Just finished Twin Peaks: The Return and that was a trip. Eager to see where they go from here but at least the wait should be less painful than where S2 concluded. I feel both satisfied with where things ended and anticipatory of what's to come, what a rarity.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I'm allowed to make a completely off topic post here on account of this being my GAF chill place right? I'll keep it brief. Just finished Twin Peaks: The Return and that was a trip. Eager to see where they go from here but at least the wait should be less painful than where S2 concluded. I feel both satisfied with where things ended and anticipatory of what's to come, what a rarity.

What year is it?

Sheryl Lee/Laura Palmer's final scream in that scene chilled me to the bone.

"a real trip" is probably the best way to describe The Return. I didn't love it as much as the Original series but it did impress me.
Intruiging show.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How do you get the free DLC for Total Warhammer? I click download and it launches that..launcher. Why does this have its own launcher?

Why can't I see the DLC installed/owned?

That's by design. If you have a game installed and "run" the free DLC, Steam will register the DLC to your account and run the base game. If you check your licence history, you should see it listed.

Sarcasm

That's by design. If you have a game installed and "run" the free DLC, Steam will register the DLC to your account and run the base game. If you check your licence history, you should see it listed.

Humm it isn't showing up there.

It doesn't show up there, doesn't show up in DLC, and doesn't even download anything.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Humm it isn't showing up there.

Have you searched the page for it? You might have registered it to your account before today.

Edit:
It doesn't show up there, doesn't show up in DLC, and doesn't even download anything.

Try restarting the client and, if you're using a browser to add the DLC to your account, logging out and then back in.

Hektor

Twin peaks is anime AF so this is entirely on topic

Top Bottom