• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Ascheroth

At this point i'm assuming and port by Xseed is just them future proofing things. PC games have legs if the port is good and a good port also means porting to other platforms is easier/cheaper. Which is better than constantly porting to new consoles with no PC port.

It's essentially what Capcom has been doing this gen with their ports after all.
Well if they start doing simultaneous (or at least, close to) releasing starting with Cold Steel 3 that would be the ideal scenario.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
*leaves Steam to download update of game 1 since internet is wonky so I have to use mobile data*
*comes back from shower*
*Steam has paused that update and instead has been updating game 2 which I specifically stopped to download earlier*

what gives Steam

NeoRaider

Wow @ Marvel vs Capcom Infinte below 25K. It'll be hard to find online matches soon. Good luck if you want those netplay-related cheevos.

Ikr? These numbers are tragic.
Now i wonder how Injustice 2 will do, and especially if WB decide to price it 60$.

Jawmuncher

Ikr? These numbers are tragic.
Now i wonder how Injustice 2 will do, and especially if WB decide to price it 60$.

Injustice 2 at $60 if it's all DLC would do fine. Since the game is already proven to be quality. Just needs to make sure it has a good port.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I wonder. I was going to say "WB seems to favor DLC for their profit margins" but who doesn't now--I wonder if they'd drop a complete edition of Injustice 2 and call it a day?

Also, looking it up, I'm surprised it doesn't have loot crates you buy with cash money.

Grug

Only just realised the Steam Mobile app lets you remotely set your PC to download a game.

Very handy.

Lain

I'm disappointed, sue me!
my expectation were not that low
and it is a relatively new game, at least compared to other Trails games, so old port argument doesn't really apply, does it?

Well, they might be disappointing for you, but maybe they aren't for XSEED, as in, they are what they expected (though not what they wished).

Mivey

Only just realised the Steam Mobile app lets you remotely set your PC to download a game.

Very handy.
It always messes up the default settings though. Like I set Steam to download to my HDD by default, and using the web interface, it always installs it to the SSD, I guess because it's hardcoded to install to C:.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does the Steam client seem buggy to anyone else right now? Er, more buggy than usual.

That's the revamped client trying to break through and seize control.

But to actually answer your question, I'm running the latest beta build and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

I decided to finally start Wasteland 2 as I am going to hold off on D;OS with so many games coming out this month and it is really good. I have to download some mods to speed up the process though as walking around (out of combat) and using skills (digging, unlocking doors, ect.) take way to long.

New Artifex Mundi bundle at Groupees. Some stuff that hasn't been bundled in the pick-your-own section, another at 1000 sales and some very new stuff in the $8 tier. Picked up 4 I didn't have with coins.

Xater

Wow the Battlefrobt 2 Beta runs amazing for me. Everything on Ultra with 140% resolution scale and still constant 60fps.

Phinor

Wow the Battlefrobt 2 Beta runs amazing for me. Everything on Ultra with 140% resolution scale and still constant 60fps.

Frostbite when utilized right both looks amazing and runs better than anything else (comparable) out there. Unfortunately the gameplay especially for DICE games is very hit and miss and Battlefront 2 looks to be very shallow game, again. Hopefully the campaign shines brightly for the few hours it lasts.

Just beaten Divinity Original Sin 2, clocked at 118 hours. Loved every second of it. GOTY.

Where am I going to find 118 hours....
Oo04a.gif

bbd23

its so hard getting friends together to co op original sin 2

and ill have to replay it some time because nobody gives a fuck about the story and im so lost

this was a mistake

Where am I going to find 118 hours....
Oo04a.gif

You can also beat it in under 40 minutes.
Some guy beats D:OS2 in 38 minutes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WID8Fp7UdY Meh, this game is too short, not worth buying it, removed from wishlist.
/s

Apparently there is a big patch this week so I'm still on Act 3, once it drops I'll get back to it.

Yeah, I look forward to the patch as well, as I'm planning to start my 2nd playthrough with different Origins and paths.

I know it's blasphemy to say this in the Steam thread, but I hope this comes to Switch as hinted.

I'd play it on the GPD WIN, but I doubt it'd run or be legible.

Hopefully it will come to every other systems. The game deserves to be embraced by everyone.

Xater

Frostbite when utilized right both looks amazing and runs better than anything else (comparable) out there. Unfortunately the gameplay especially for DICE games is very hit and miss and Battlefront 2 looks to be very shallow game, again. Hopefully the campaign shines brightly for the few hours it lasts.

This is better than the first one, but yeah this is still pretty shallow. Also the starfighter controls are still horrible. Why is it so hard to give me direct control instead of this weird thing where the ship follows my cursor?

Phinor

This is better than the first one, but yeah this is still pretty shallow. Also the starfighter controls are still horrible. Why is it so hard to give me direct control instead of this weird thing where the ship follows my cursor?

The flying controls are the worst offender for me as well. One of the worst controls in all of gaming, probably rivalling the worst Kinect games. Thankfully the gameplay and overall controls on ground combat is much better and will entertain me for a while. Decades old X-Wing/Tie Fighter games weren't perfect but as long as EA has this license, we are not getting anything that might even approach one tenth (or hundredth) of what those games were.

Man, I wish YSVIII is already out on PC by now. I'd be jumping straight to it if that were the case.

By the looks of it, apparently the game is beyond broken and it'll need more than just a simple fix.

Ascheroth

I know it's blasphemy to say this in the Steam thread, but I hope this comes to Switch as hinted.

I'd play it on the GPD WIN, but I doubt it'd run or be legible.
Not really.
I think SteamGAF is usually pretty happy when a good PC exclusive hits consoles.

Knurek

Man, I wish YSVIII is already out on PC by now. I'd be jumping straight to it if that were the case.

By the looks of it, apparently the game is beyond broken and it'll need more than just a simple fix.

What, it still isn't out? Total shitshow by NISA.

What, it still isn't out? Total shitshow by NISA.

Their beta copy is leaked though, floating somewhere. It's fucked up someone did that but NISA had to have known this was coming. Just because they put in more money on this deal, what we get is a delayed PC version because it wasn't a main priority and a subpar localization to boot.

Wish XSEED had this deal instead. At least then the PC version delayed would be justified since programming aces Sara and Durante would have been working on it.

Durante

its so hard getting friends together to co op original sin 2

and ill have to replay it some time because nobody gives a fuck about the story and im so lost

this was a mistake
You really need people with commitment to play this in coop.

I dunno, they could just pull a Square Enix and let the fans deliver fixes via mods.
The over 500K on Steam says it works well enough.
Nier:A really only has minor issues, comparatively.
(What's infuriating is that they didn't patch them despite being minor, not really the extent of the problems)

If, say, a game were to drop to 20 FPS on a top-end gaming PC that would be more devastating to its sales I believe.

Knurek

(What's infuriating is that they didn't patch them despite being minor, not really the extent of the problems)

Can confirm, 30+ hours spent in game, zero CTDs, zero problems other than having to apply FAR fix.

You really need people with commitment to play this in coop.

If, say, a game were to drop to 20 FPS on a top-end gaming PC that would be more devastating to its sales I believe.

For real, this is dumb as fuck.
I mean they could at least fix the fullscreen issue and the cutscenes. Although even if they did, I still believe FAR would be mandatory for the bloom and AO implementation.

sprinkles

We are roughly 35 hours into our Divinity OS 2 coop game. It is sometimes hard to schedule, but we are committed by now to see this through. Although spending multiple hours on combat encounters 1-3 levels above our own does not help speeding up the progress.

Top Bottom