• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Kudo

In case someone else was wondering or interested, CDKeys informed me they'll be sending The Evil Within 2 keys one day before the release date.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
My experience of Scanner Sombre was cut short due to it's constant flickering of light pins and how it shapes the world kept giving me a splitting headache.

Concept wise though it seems nice.

My experience of Scanner Sombre was cut short due to it's constant flickering of light pins and how it shapes the world kept giving me a splitting headache.

Concept wise though it seems nice.

Played half of it in VR now and its great, but thanks to the style, it feels like the same over and over again.
Unlike Dear Esther or other Walking Sims where you visit different areas, even the areas you are visiting inside the cave all look the same thanks to the style.

Its a pretty great experience in VR though.

Spoiling (finished half of the game it seems):

You have areas like a Lake or a Monastery, but due to the lights the areas dont actually feel different. There are different sound effects, but from the looks every area is similar.

zkylon

zkylewd
Had no idea you did it yourself, it's great

yea but i'm disappointed at the low amount of ppl i've spooked compared to previous years ;_;

BfFvzl4.png
oGewROS.png

Kudo

Same thing here, I have trouble downloading anything from Steam for the last 5-6 hours, but I can download just fine from GOG/Origin and my internet's fine.

Yeah, no problem with anything else other than Steam here too.
Well that's good to hear then, guess I was panicking for no reason.

Teppic

Has Valve ever commented on how people are using their platform to spread racist and nazi propaganda?

It's quite unerving how the top review of A Hat in Time is about defending racists.

Good, it's not like my apartment people are being jerks or anything like that. It still sucks... I want my Ruiner now that they fixed the DS4 issues.

You can try different download servers to see if you get better speeds. Maybe choose a potentially low traffic server in Africa or something.

EDIT - I just started the Hat in Time download from the Malaysian server and I'm getting 5-7MBps. Not max speed but it's still decent and it'll get the job done.

Has Valve ever commented on how people are using their platform to spread racist and nazi propaganda?

It's quite unerving how the top review of A Hat in Time is about defending racists.

I'm not seeing this on my store page. The top review is the one where the guy says that the game upset Neogaf which is... true. The next one I see is the nice in-depth review from Dusk Golem that has a 100% rating and will probably rise to the very top soon.

kind of strange the steam downloads shit the bed 30 minutes after i start downloading elder scrolls online which is 62gb lol.

$12 bucks for ESO on humble monthly btw

edit: changing download to Northwest - Africa helped... i'm at my download speed cap again.

Has anyone else been having issues with the Indie Gala site lately? For the past couple of days when I click on the "View more bundles" button nothing happens.

Teggy

So I discovered tonight that Divinity OS EE has decent controller support and it runs fine on my MacBook. But even with mouse why is it so hard to be in the right place to pick stuff up in that game?

So I discovered tonight that Divinity OS EE has decent controller support and it runs fine on my MacBook. But even with mouse why is it so hard to be in the right place to pick stuff up in that game?

Hold X on the controller to perform 'area search'. Then you'll be able to pick up all of the things highlighted.

Yeah....download speeds are currently fucked. Barely a trickle right now. My speed test shows I get something like 600+ Mbps down too (university internet, WOO!)

I WAS gonna try out Elder Scrolls Online (caved and paid for early unlock of Humble Monthly), but now I'm not sure what I want to play the rest of tonight.

Currently installed games I might be interested in are as follows:

-Dead Cells
-Skyrim Special Edition (though TBH I'm still waiting on SKSE/more mods to be ported to return to this - even simple modding is probably too much for one night)
-Endless Space 2
-Fallout 4
-Halycon 6: Lightspeed Edition
-Hyper Light Drifter
-Pillars of Eternity
-Civilization VI
-Stardew Valley
-Stellaris
-The Witcher 3

Those are all the ones I'm potentially up for playing that I either haven't started at all, or haven't finished (e.g. 19 hours into The Witcher 3).

Any particular recommendations SteamGAF?

Keep forgetting that I have some keys on humble that I meant to raffle off for the past few months so I will not forget this time

ModBot said:
Instructions for SunDimension24:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 22 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin -- MB-6619F8979747AB2A - Taken by Vuze. 18 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-5C213803260A25A5 - Taken by Vazduh. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 -- MB-1D4E7F9E8CC0D75D - Taken by laserlaser. 6 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Pillars of Eternity -- MB-8D9AB0E9F7EFB892 - Taken by Madventure. 19 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Ryse: Son of Rome -- MB-0447CFBD57265B9D - Taken by gabbo. 5 entrants total.
Bit Blaster XL -- MB-B52D84E6A76B92FA - Taken by alr1ght. 2 entrants total.
Else Heart.Break() -- MB-BAB1B64C4E6A0A00 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Hector: Badge of Carnage -- MB-4ED7DD161E63F42F - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.
Homefront -- MB-BC97F55F0F2BBFE4 - Taken by boybrushdRED. 3 entrants total.
Killer is Dead: Nightmare Edition -- MB-33A94C0861793C0D - Taken by MissChief. 3 entrants total.
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-2B9C9900B33291CC
Puzzle Agent 2 -- MB-68F6CDF1325BA3BF - Taken by arbok26. 1 entrants total.
Rise of the Tomb Raider -- MB-65BE44B33A221E26 - Taken by longlivegaming. 16 entrants total.
STRIDER -- MB-CDE033851CCF982B
Saints Row 2 -- MB-1EF1985D23AE0F4F
Saints Row The Third -- MB-CA3E3E71FD69031A - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell -- MB-D67B74AE88599EB0 - Taken by Parsnip. 4 entrants total.
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-3BAF08AB6A1E48A7 - Taken by Ibuki. 1 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-AB22DDD6B24746D0 - Taken by Dr.Acula. 1 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II -- MB-5860953E9A3D14F1 - Taken by purseowner. 1 entrants total.
The Wolf Among Us -- MB-42648BDDDC2223A0 - Taken by someguyinahat. 4 entrants total.
XCOM 2 -- MB-3822611C3544BD1D - Taken by Regginator. 18 entrants total.

t1507432972z1.png

Yeah....download speeds are currently fucked. Barely a trickle right now. My speed test shows I get something like 600+ Mbps down too (university internet, WOO!)

I WAS gonna try out Elder Scrolls Online (caved and paid for early unlock of Humble Monthly), but now I'm not sure what I want to play the rest of tonight.

-Dead Cells
-Skyrim Special Edition (though TBH I'm still waiting on SKSE/more mods to be ported to return to this - even simple modding is probably too much for one night)
-Endless Space 2
-Fallout 4
-Hyper Light Drifter
-Pillars of Eternity
-Civilization VI
-Stardew Valley
-Stellaris
-The Witcher 3

Those are all the ones I'm potentially up for playing that I either haven't started at all, or haven't finished (e.g. 19 hours into The Witcher 3).

Dead Cells and Stardew are the best games on your list. Get to it!

zkylon

zkylewd
I stand by my "too frozen with fear" theory.

i sure hope so!

-Dead Cells
-Endless Space 2
-Fallout 4
-Hyper Light Drifter
-Pillars of Eternity
-Civilization VI
-Stardew Valley
-Stellaris
-The Witcher 3

those are a lot of huge games, so i'm just gonna recommend my favorite out of the list, pillars of eternity

if u can swallow the real time with pause combat, it's got some of my favorite crpg writing and it has really good companions and i really enjoy how grounded and believable its world is, as well as the themes it covers

the combat is also pretty fun, even if it's rtwp which is like the worst type of rpg combat

Madventure

Not that I've been refreshing the steam search terms for Crate Entertainment every couple of hours or anything to check when they would put up the steam page
But it went up within the past 2 hours or so

Price isn't listed on it but it's $17.99 USD according to their website/forums becomes purchasable on October 11th

Also Purchasable on GOG, Humble but they haven't put it up on those sites yet

Oh cool the download size for shadow of war is going around, wonder how big it.....
DLer5_9VAAAE_Rz.jpg

J5aNA.gif

I guess some developers are saying screw data caps and download speeds at this point, give them that uncompressed goodness!!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Is it too late to vote Momodora 4 on this year's GOTY list? Cos otherwise, I've only got 2 that qualify (hopefully 3 if I can get my hands on a switch for Mario Odyssey).

Grug

Get some.

If you win Elder Scrolls Online shoot me a PM. I have a secondary code for some in game goodies.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited -- MB-FA48E07DC660C07F - Taken by Madventure. 19 entrants total.
Furi -- MB-26E3D9C3B6CE627E - Taken by Tonton. 24 entrants total.
Orwell: Keeping An Eye on You -- MB-C42BFDDB37D2B55B - Taken by NeoRaider. 11 entrants total.
Seasons After Fall -- MB-8C989CE25213185B - Taken by oipic. 6 entrants total.

t1507437011z1.png

Every single thing I hear about Wardor makes it sound worse. It's incredible.

I can't think of another game that has so consistently brought forth negative news like this.
How long does it take for 100gb to unpack?

30 minutes to an hour depending on your HD/SSD speed.

~40 GB took me like ten or twenty minutes, when Total Warhammer 2 unlocked. (non-SSD)

Knurek

Up on Steam for the low, low price of $0

The Literature Club is full of cute girls! Will you write the way into their heart?
This game is not suitable for children or those who are easily disturbed.

I might have to go back and play Banished to whet my appetite after learning of Frostpunk (This War of Mine developers, supposedly releasing later this year) and Industries of Titan (estimated for 2018).

Holy shit I did not realize how much I needed fresh takes on the city-builder genre in my life.

Also, I ended up starting a new file in Stardew as the game of choice for this weekend, but I didn’t actually play any yet since it got too late. My real problem is too many damn good games to play though.

Ludens

Banned
Could you elaborate? I didn't really look much into the first game. It looked like another AAA action game albeit with an interesting (nemesis) system.
Real ending is walled behind a very grindy mode you need invest money in if you don't wanna waste 60 hours of your life.

Monooboe

Ah it's a long time since I woke up early on a Saturday, excited to play a game, bought Hollow Knight last night so going to finally play it. Any tips for someone going into it the first time?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ah it's a long time since I woke up early on a Saturday, excited to play a game, bought Hollow Knight last night so going to finally play it. Any tips for someone going into it the first time?

the only real tip I have is for late in the game, there are some ridiculous hidden walls that lead to entire zones (well one at least) that no sane person would ever find unless it was by blind luck.

But no point in saying now if youre just starting.

Real ending is walled behind a very grindy mode you need invest money in if you don't wanna waste 60 hours of your life.

Worst part is definitely the loot boxes. But the download size, sexy Shelob, the sexy Shelob justification/"she's actually a hero, better than Galadriel"/etc, the true ending, and probably more I'm forgettable have been an unrelenting hellfire of bad news.

Like, the nemesis system was a cool idea, and a pokemon-esque system of collecting minions could be awesome... but not when it's twisted into monetisation targetting whales. It is a piece of mobile game design at the core of a AAA game; this should be a Dungeon Keeper iOS moment for the industry.

A cold, sobering look needs to be taken at the poisonous loot box craze sweeping video games.

Monooboe

the only real tip I have is for late in the game, there are some ridiculous hidden walls that lead to entire zones (well one at least) that no sane person would ever find unless it was by blind luck.

But no point in saying now if youre just starting.

Ah yeah I accidentally found a secret in the first five minutes haha, so I will probably be running around looking close to anything and everything.

Hah! Not that I see you all as my personal google, more like I do want to hear what you have to say.

Top Bottom