• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

And we never got Overstrike because it was “too cartoony”.

Man what could've been. Still hurts what happened to that game and wish we could see what the game was shaping up to be before the terrible focus group testing ruined it, but at least they pulled a 180 with Sunset Overdrive and Ratchet and Clank.

Teggy

DI3N9Av.gif

Wait...why is her hair in the shape of a U? How is her hair in the shape of a U?

Nabs

Konjak's been posting in the indie dev thread. I think he's polishing the game now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't know if I've said this, but your game's a lot of fun to play. I just launch it and just play for a couple of hours.

Such a shame that got focus tested to hell. Fuse was a fun game that would’ve really benefited from more style.

I didn't follow this too closely, so I knew there was a game called Fuse that was going to be similar to TF2, but then got named to Over-something. All this time I thought it became Overwatch.

zkylon

zkylewd
I fell through the boat. Thankfully my crew was able to take over the ship without me so I could get out of there without reloading my save. :D

something about the liberated slave counter just feels like that game's probably not the most sensitive depiction of slavery there is lol

It really sucks that rockstar won’t patch the pc version of Bully and no one has managed to fix it. The mobile/iPad version is the best and has better graphics ;-;

ryseing

something about the liberated slave counter just feels like that game's probably not the most sensitive depiction of slavery there is lol

It is, actually. The main character in that expansion is a liberated slave himself.

I really liked Adewale. One of the better characters in the Americas saga.

Haytham being the best of course.

zkylon

zkylewd
It is, actually. The main character in that expansion is a liberated slave himself.

I really liked Adewale. One of the better characters in the Americas saga.

Haytham being the best of course.

idk something about slaves being treated sort of like a resource kind of rubs me the wrong way lol

not sure if that's how it works in the game, just seeing like slaves 120/150 sounds kind of tone deaf to me

also yeah haytham is such a great character, probably the best in the series

kurahador

Speaking of difficulty spike, I remember Shantae The Pirate's Curse final level being super hard too. Platformer developers really can't contain their masochistic tendencies.

AHA-Lambda

Well finally finished Danganronpa V3, and that ending is the most crazy Evangelion-esque thing I've seen since... well Evangelion

Has anyone played the Journey Down games and have any impressions? What is the tone?

Still out of state but I bought an iPad Pro 12.9 and was thinking about grabbing the trilogy. Like pnc games via touch.

shockdude

So, there's no Guitar Hero Live on PC. What does the community do?
Mod it into GH3, because why the hell not.
UKOGmonkey got early access to the mod and is even trying to FC TTFAF (98% right now).

This is just amazing. I know people don't really like that game in general, but just porting it is simply amazing.

[EDIT]
Oh, apparently it's not GH3 - just an engine clone. My bad. Still interesting.
That's awesome.
I'm disappointed no one ever made a proper engine clone of DJ Hero; that game is awesome and very underappreciated.

I managed to do ultracombo in Killer Instinct for the first time (except tutorial of course), it feels damn good. Flawless sound design is what makes this game so great, I'm suck at fighting games but still love to come back to KI for more button mashing.

yuraya

The second act of Divinity Original Sin 2 is just filthy. There is so much content packed into it. And its all of such high quality like wtf. I don't think I've ever played an RPG with so much depth to it. I've spent nearly 35 hrs in the act now and there is still so much remaining.
You discover so many ghosts by using spirit vision all over the place. And those ghosts give you missions and unlock journal entries. And all that leads to even more missions.
It just doesn't stop. The writing and all the battles just keep getting better n better. These Larian guys are such overachieving nerds. Its crazy how dedicated they were with every little thing in this game. They could have easily spun off this act into its own game and sold it for 60$ or something. And it would have been worth every penny and would be better than 99% of the games out there too. What an incredible effort wth.

kagamin

The second act of Divinity Original Sin 2 is just filthy. There is so much content packed into it. And its all of such high quality like wtf. I don't think I've ever played an RPG with so much depth to it. I've spent nearly 35 hrs in the act now and there is still so much remaining.
You discover so many ghosts by using spirit vision all over the place. And those ghosts give you missions and unlock journal entries. And all that leads to even more missions.
It just doesn't stop. The writing and all the battles just keep getting better n better. These Larian guys are such overachieving nerds. Its crazy how dedicated they were with every little thing in this game. They could have easily spun off this act into its own game and sold it for 60$ or something. And it would have been worth every penny and would be better than 99% of the games out there too. What an incredible effort wth.

I feel the same way.

Jimrpg

I want to play this so bad, but I'm playing Zelda now, Horizon, DQVIII are sitting in the backlog pile.

I LOVE long games, but there's too many long games at the moment!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It really sucks that rockstar won’t patch the pc version of Bully and no one has managed to fix it. The mobile/iPad version is the best and has better graphics ;-;
I wish they would do the same for the GTA mobile releases. We would finally get Liberty City Stories/Chinatown Wars and all of the refinements they made to smooth out the BS in the trilogy.

Tizoc

What's the status of Cemu now?
Any issues playing Breath of the Wild @ 60 FPS? I got my copy ready but hadn't downloaded Cemu yet :X

It really sucks that rockstar won't patch the pc version of Bully and no one has managed to fix it. The mobile/iPad version is the best and has better graphics ;-;

iNTEREsting, so far the other better options are
Playing it on XBone
Emulation, though the jury's out on what is the best ver. of the game atm that can be emulated well.

Is Bully on Android?

Mivey

You might say that Rockstar's attitude of harassing PC players with bad to just not existing ports while clearly profiting from GTA V makes them a bit of ... a bully.

I wish I could play it. My saves that I have at the end of Act 1 crashes as soon as a loading screen starts after the initial load. :\

Larian's support are quick to respond, and have gotten my saves and system info, but so far haven't been able to do anything but confirm the bug for me. Might start to argue for a refund soon.

Freezard

I want to play this so bad, but I'm playing Zelda now, Horizon, DQVIII are sitting in the backlog pile.

I LOVE long games, but there's too many long games at the moment!

For sure. I prefer 10 hour games or shorter. Like RE7, Cuphead, Metroid: SR, Sonic Mania. Those are perfect in length. Been a while since I played a game that was over 10 hours. only Ghost Recon this year (and still haven't finished it).

Is there any indication as to when the next LIS: Before the Storm episode is coming? Are we expecting the series to be completed this year?

IIRC, they said 10 weeks between chapters, so Chapter 2 in late November, and Chapter 3 + the bonus Max mission in late Jan / early February?

I've yet to play LiS so that pic does nothing for me.

Play. The. Game. Literally played it last week when it was on sale at Newegg for $5. At launch, I saw the hella memes and shaka bruhs and wrote it off as a game that I would never enjoy. Now I think it's one of the best games I've played. It has problems, and I'd say the journey is much better than the destination. It's so fucking endearing though. You can feel the passion that DONTNOD put in to it. Also has some of the best use of licensed music I've heard. Crazy what they managed to accomplish with what sounds like was a tiny budget.

Just kiss

Xater

I still don't know if I should get Elex. It is the kinda game I want to play atm, but I also don't know if I can live with the jank. I still have Gothic 3 nightmares.

Tizoc

I still don't know if I should get Elex. It is the kinda game I want to play atm, but I also don't know if I can live with the jank. I still have Gothic 3 nightmares.

Embrace the jank
Once you've gone full PC/Steam gaming you cannot go back to a non-Jank-less world
Jank is love, Jank is lyfe

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks for the info.

About Cemu though can I at least run it at unlocked framerate?

There's no general option to override a game's native framerate cap. If there's no workaround available, then you're stuck with the default.

Top Bottom