• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Well, Rock of Ages 2 sold very good considering almost non-existent marketing, it's currently have 45k owners according to steamspy

45k is much more then I thought. It seems like Destructoid is the only one of the larger gaming sites that have reviewed it, so yeah, that really passed by without much notice.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
There's a sequel to Rock of Ages?!
Well, you learn something everyday. Wishlisted!

The original was a big surprise for me at the time. Never completed the campaign but I had a blast with it. Strange, charming game.

You know, Rimeboy, we really are the unforgiven (Part 2)
It was For Whom The Bell Tolls, actually.

And this is a very late, unnecessary response.

I'm betting it had to do with that Binding of Isaac pack that was only available for free for the first four weeks. It's no longer for sale though.
It got +10k owners less than week after last time i looked at sales numbers - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=250876469&highlight=#post250876469 Not to mention it got +27k owners during September:
Changes from August (previous sales figures according to Kifimbo):
Rock of Ages 2: Bigger & Boulder - 35,489 ± 5,452 (+ ~27k)

I am really surprised why Cuphead didn't get a demo. They could release one to attract even more people.

Well the developer is a 3 person team. I'm sure priorities went to having this game as polished as can be. And judging from the sales due to positive word of mouth and streamers streaming the game, I think the focus was justified. Still, a demo could pop up for the game in the near future.

Well the developer is a 3 person team. I'm sure priorities went to having this game as polished as can be. And judging from the sales due to positive word of mouth and streamers streaming the game, I think the focus was justified. Still, a demo could pop up for the game in the near future.

I hope so.

Tizoc

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/493540/Figment/

Wrote my impressions on Figment here in case anyone is interest

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=251435498&postcount=1958

Took me 7ish hours to beat the main game, overall a good action adventure game, although the movement can feel a little awkward at times.

I should prob. start Hob soon buuuuuuuuut Wardor is releasing soon so I'll start that first instead.

Less than 3 month left until 2017 end, and i still need to finish 9 games for 52 challenge... Maybe i should play small indies and stop looking for stupid shards in Agents of Mayhem

I still don't know if I should get Elex. It is the kinda game I want to play atm, but I also don't know if I can live with the jank. I still have Gothic 3 nightmares.

Gothic 3 was the low point for Piranha Bytes. They've made a noticeable effort to reduce the jank and bugs in their games in the Risen series. That's not to say that the Risen games aren't janky, but it's nowhere near as bad as G3. Unfortunately, I feel like they've also sacrificed some of their ambition in their quest for making polished games. They're still fun but nowhere near as good as Gothic 2 was.

I'm also not super pleased with the videos I've seen of Elex. When I first heard that they were making a science fiction game I was glad that they were breaking out of their usual medieval/rural setting and going with something completely new. Unfortunately, when videos of the game surfaced, they showed that this futuristic sci fi world they have still has the same straw huts and medieval buildings that they've always made. So they've basically reused assets from the earlier Risen games.

That said, I've still pre-ordered the game. There aren't many studios that make the kind of games PB does and I've almost always enjoyed them.

Risen was my first Piranha Bytes that i finished and actually enjoyed. I missed first two Gothic games, and heard a lot nightmare stories about Gothic 3 when it's released, so i ignored it too. Few months ago i tried to play Gothic 3 for the first time, but Steam version still a buggy mess, fonts were missing and game crashed few times during tutorial village, so i gave up and uninstalled it, didn't even bothered to write review. Maybe Risen lacking in some fields comparing to Gothic series, but at least i enjoyed it without any major bugs. Risen 2 was worse than original, but still mostly enjoyable experience, though some quests bugged for me and i finished them earlier than i should, once final (?) boss suddenly spawned in natives village before i meet him in other places. But when i tried Risen 3 and it had same map with idiotic shadow or whatever zones... I don't remember why exactly, but Risen 3 felt like bad kind of junk for me, and way too similar to Risen 2, even though i finished R2 few years before starting R3. Now i'm cautiously optimistic about Elex, previews impressions looks tempting, but i still not sure if it's worth to buy it before actual reviews came out.

Ascheroth

Risen was my first Piranha Bytes that i finished and actually enjoyed. I missed first two Gothic games, and heard a lot nightmare stories about Gothic 3 when it's released, so i ignored it too. Few months ago i tried to play Gothic 3 for the first time, but Steam version still a buggy mess, fonts were missing and game crashed few times during tutorial village, so i gave up and uninstalled it, didn't even bothered to write review. Maybe Risen lacking in some fields comparing to Gothic series, but at least i enjoyed it without any major bugs. Risen 2 was worse than original, but still mostly enjoyable experience, though some quests bugged for me and i finished them earlier than i should, once final (?) boss suddenly spawned in natives village before i meet him in other places. But when i tried Risen 3 and it had same map with idiotic shadow or whatever zones... I don't remember why exactly, but Risen 3 felt like bad kind of junk for me, and way too similar to Risen 2, even though i finished R2 few years before starting R3. Now i'm cautiously optimistic about Elex, previews impressions looks tempting, but i still not sure if it's worth to buy it before actual reviews came out.
You need to install the Community Patch for Gothic 3.

But when i tried Risen 3 and it had same map with idiotic shadow or whatever zones... I don't remember why exactly, but Risen 3 felt like bad kind of junk for me, and way too similar to Risen 2, even though i finished R2 few years before starting R3.

Risen 3 starts you out on a small tutorial island and after that sends you to Antigua, which is copy pasted from Risen 2. I have no idea what compelled them to do that. I know it's a bit trite to say this but the real game starts after you leave Antigua and you have to choose which of the 3 massive (Risen 1 sized) islands you go to. And those islands are where you can see the same design principles that made Risen 1 pretty good. It's the core/meat of the game.

It's a bizarrely poor choice to send players to a copy pasted island from the previous game when Risen 3 itself is not hurting for new content at all. There is much more to be done after you have cleared out those 3 big islands as well. Just a terrible choice they made and it obviously turned off some folks from putting time into it.

Sarcasm

Played Orwell straight. Don't really get the message of the game, but it was fun. Straight 3.6 hours and finished. Probably will go back and get the rest of the achievements (52%).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I actually bought Rock of Ages 2 for the Binding of Isaac pack and then I refunded it since I wouldn't have time to play it anyways (sue me!), but you still have to own the game to activate a DLC thats Free on Demand, right?

Yeah.

I hate this shit. I think in Mortal Kombat X, there are certain costumes you can't unlock unless you play the mobile version and link them both to your WB account.

WB is particularly bad. Gotham City Imposters had all kinds of dumb account things and issues on top of GFWL.

And the sad part is that the game was actually good fun with a nice quirky spin but it was just weighed down by bullshit.

Anteater

i upgraded to 3mbytes/second just this year, when i should be getting fiber optic shit, apparently everyone else has it in my area and i'm just like literally 800m away from those fuckers

Becci

Did anyone see the trailer for COD:WWII single player? It actually looks semi decent, shame you can't buy the two separately

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wargame: Red Dragon -- MB-474205B812AD5D2C - Taken by ctw0e. 11 entrants total.
The Shrouded Isle -- MB-9E698129CEF078E6 - Taken by Jadax. 21 entrants total.
Tracks: The Train Set Game -- MB-AAC10DBBAA8495FC - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 14 entrants total.

t1507579597z1.png

GmcAsRb.png

This game is so dense. Every single menu has so many things going on.

Haha, this isn't a joke? On top of all other shit they pulled with this game, you get an XP boost by signing up for a newsletter?

Oh how I had wanted to be a silent observer on the meetings when they decided all this.

Nzyme32

It's my Birthday

kDZIzft.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for Nzyme32:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nzyme32, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Alien Isolation -- MB-0C3A1EFD6200C7C1 - Taken by Japle
t1cxE6r.gif
DmC Devil May Cry -- MB-4F9C7C9B6BDBF857 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-4B3B30C55C51CC89 - Taken by TheGreenArrow
t1cxE6r.gif
South Park: The Stick of Truth -- MB-DF559E9A2E5D46AB - Taken by prudislav
Dirt Showdown -- MB-8E1665E5718327D9 - Taken by texhnolyze
Else Heart.Break() -- MB-BAA5518042795675 - Taken by AHA-Lambda
GRID -- MB-08264F045B3925FE - Taken by MissChief
Napoleon: Total War Collection -- MB-CF86E877168BEB9A - Taken by Zeeman
Odallus: The Dark Call -- MB-0F07AC9158F090ED - Taken by Freezard
Party Hard -- MB-50952A6CF08F09BF - Taken by SunDimension24
Pony Island -- MB-EB0C30F230BCB9D2 - Taken by sadblob
Resident Evil HD Remaster -- MB-3F9C1EC5C56835C3 - Taken by Mike Bison
Road to Ballhalla -- MB-096D134790D506AB - Taken by Purkake4
Sam and Max Season 1 -- MB-B528879603D8BF94 - Taken by alr1ght
Sam and Max Season 2 -- MB-83C0F35CC8AB8770 - Taken by fspm
TIS-100 -- MB-7963107882BE36C9 - Taken by MaxiLive
Tales From the Borderlands -- MB-566592EB1D3DDDB5 - Taken by Pakkidis
VVVVVV -- MB-1525545E08C90701
Wolf Among Us -- MB-1851BEAD1590B84F - Taken by Lain

Volimar

Happy birthday! Great giveaway. I was tempted by Alien Isolation, but I watched the whole thing in a let's play so the scares would be wasted on me.

Top Bottom