• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Unai

I doubt it. The gaming community is becoming more and more accepting of those things. There will be defenders. There already are. The next generation of gamers will refuse to buy games unless there are active gambling and other p2w features in them. The GaaS and loot box era is upon us. There is nothing that can be done to stop it.

You're very hopeless for someone with the Superman avatar.

Uzzy

Holy shit, that mission in World in Conflict when you need to defend small american town on Christmas, it's easily one of the best missions in RTS genre ever! How the hell i missed this game ten years ago, it's amazing, so glad that i bought it on sale when i had the chance, sucks that Ubisoft removed it from Steam.

World in Conflict talk on SteamGAF? I didn't know we were that cool. It's a great RTS that's for sure, I'm a sucker for any Cold War goes Hot scenario. Give me a Red Storm Rising game damn it.

Lanrutcon

Grim Dawn expansion unlocks in a few hours.

You can play a Necromancer and (brace yourselves)...

...summon a bunch of skeletons.

Yeah, I'm pretty psyched too.

prudislav

But I want 5.
i remember some 2016 interview where they were thinking about it

EDIT: found it
FFD : Do you plan to make a PC port of Star Ocean 5 ?

S.K. : Because it's a fast paced action title, I'm wondering what would be the best way to play it on PC... According to you, what would be the best way to play it ?
FFW : With a controller ?
S.K. : But in Europe, are people used to play on PC with a controller ?
Together : Yes.
S.K. : I see. Of course, if you have a controller, you can play it without any trouble, but I wonder how to do for those who don't have one. That's our main worry and that's the reason why we delayed for later the release of a PC version, to think of a control scheme for players without a controller. ASKA engine, which is used by Tri-Ace to developp Star Ocean 5, allows for fairly easy PC ports, so if we find out a way to solve the control scheme issue, the port would be pretty easy for us, although I can't promise that it would be fast.
https://www.ffdream.com/news-15893.html

Arthea

SO4 is the best one.

People just like to mock it for 'Edge Maverick' and piss-poor VA.

I wouldn't go as far, for its time SO2 was amazing, SO4 was just good.
I'd rank them SO2>SO3>So4>SO
I'm not sure SO2 now is as amazing as it was then though

i remember some interview where they were thinking about it

EDIT: found it

https://www.ffdream.com/news-15893.html

Wow.

Japanese seem so out of touch with the western development world...

SO4 is the best one.

People just like to mock it for 'Edge Maverick' and piss-poor VA.

While the gameplay was fine, the characters and story was just so bad. Also the different planets were mostly just 2-3 big maps. I mean the story is that they are the first humans to explore space but after like the first 10 hours it doesnt feel like that and the characters are used to encounter strange stuff without batting an eye.

Ruruja

You can also freely travel to several different planets in 4. Something I think should be a given for the series, but it's the only one really that does it.

BasilZero

Can we make an internet campaign for PC gamers, to ask them to drop the PC port of SO4 and just give us SO1, 2 and 3?

Please.

But damn lol - I was planning to play my PS3 ver which was my first PS3 game I bought back in 2011 which I still havent played...

I'd rather get SO1, 2 and 3 ported to PC though :p.

dex3108

Shadow of War sold great on Steam (based on first SteamSpy update), 140K copies after first update and 50K concurrent players. That is easy 400-500K day 1 sales in my opinion.

Wow.

Japanese seem so out of touch with the western development world...

On one hand, yes, they seem pretty ignorant about the controller market penetration on PC.
On the other hand... let's be honest, releasing a controller only game on PC is suicide since reviews will kill you for this.

KainXVIII

On one hand, yes, they seem pretty ignorant about the controller market penetration on PC.
On the other hand... let's be honest, releasing a controller only game on PC is suicide since reviews will kill you for this.
Here you go 😀
SO4 PC Version
Functionality to change screen resolution
Functionality to change image settings (shadow and blur settings, etc.)
Steam Achievements support
Mouse, keyboard, and PC controller support
Functionality to take screenshots without the UI

Monooboe

Is there a good way to keep an eye on what games get a Mac version on steam? Like sure I can see what new games come out, but not sure how much fanfare there is when an older game gets a Mac version.

D3RANG3D

BrXqhWo.png

ExoSoul

Banned
I mean, it was cheaper than the standard edition, but it was still quite expensive still.

A fair amount of people on the fence jumped on that saving™ I'd imagine, even people I know that had written it off jumped on it.
I'm not saying it represents 50% of the sales but it surely didn't do it any harm.
besides the.. you know, money issue

Top Bottom