• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

FLD

I'm fine with mid December. I have the whole November reserved for Nioh.

To be honest, the delay sucked pretty hard during launch week but I forgot about it pretty quickly. I'll get it when it comes out, whenever that ends up being, but my anticipation is pretty much entirely gone at this point. All I really care about now is for the port to be good.

Yeah, as long as the port is good, I'll be down. I'm glad that Durante is on board.

After a series of similar cases, the Japanese devs should've learned a thing or two from Durante by now.

Speaking of Falcom games, Tokyo Xanadu is expected to be released later this year as well right? I hope that and YS VIII don't come out around the same time :/

Speaking of Falcom games, Tokyo Xanadu is expected to be released later this year as well right. I hope that and YS VIII don't come out around the same time :/

The PS4/PC version was announced to come out in Autumn but they've been silent on the game for a while (besides constantly advertising the collectors edition on their twitter account.)

Battlechili

Banned
I have no need for these so here you guys go
ModBot said:
Instructions for Battlechili1:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Battlechili1, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Endless Legend: Classic Edition -- MB-10A56119C65F84E5 - Taken by sadblob. 15 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Wurm Unlimited -- MB-01FA0FE4ABB94873 - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
Guild of Dungeoneering -- MB-2759F7F1D60AF909 - Taken by Catshade. 10 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut -- MB-CCB8201625ECD6CC - Taken by KenOD. 8 entrants total.

t1507705749z1.png

EDIT: I forgot to include these
ModBot said:
Instructions for Battlechili1:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Battlechili1, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ame no Marginal: Rain Marginal -- MB-12ECD142B78F50D0 - Taken by Jadax. 3 entrants total.
fault milestone one -- MB-879CBD73399DC4CF - Taken by Dream_Journey. 3 entrants total.

t1507706301z1.png

Teggy

LOL

I’ve run into a bunch of good captains already -
a bard who sings, a guy who is transformed into some sort of fly nest after previously being afraid of them, a guy who sounds like an American comedian and a guy who got sewed back together with some of his bones showing.

Jadax

I have a feeling the ratings will take a sharp downturn as soon as players reach the point they need to access the 'micro-transaction content'.

yuraya

I have a feeling the ratings will take a sharp downturn as soon as players reach the point they need to access the 'micro-transaction content'.

I doubt it. The gaming community is becoming more and more accepting of those things. There will be defenders. There already are. The next generation of gamers will refuse to buy games unless there are active gambling and other p2w features in them. The GaaS and loot box era is upon us. There is nothing that can be done to stop it.

JarrodL

life is strange is basically a visual novel right?

As someone who plays a lot of VNs, I would not say so - calling LiS a VN is not being fair to the game. The average VN allows you to make several (not always even that) choices to branch the story which is told via static (or barely animated) 2d images and (not always even that) voice-acting.

LiS is ... quite a bit more than that? Unless it's now fashionable to consider all old-school adventure games VNs too just because they don't have complicated gameplay, and I'm behind the times.

dex3108

Hey SteamGAF I am now looking for budget 5GHz routers and best one for the price I have found here at my place is D-LINK DIR-842. Did anybody had experience with that router or D-LINK routers in general? Any better solution? Tnx.

LOL

I’ve run into a bunch of good captains already -
a bard who sings, a guy who is transformed into some sort of fly nest after previously being afraid of them, a guy who sounds like an American comedian and a guy who got sewed back together with some of his bones showing.

SoW has a lot of great improvements in the Orc area.

Holy shit, that mission in World in Conflict when you need to defend small american town on Christmas, it's easily one of the best missions in RTS genre ever! How the hell i missed this game ten years ago, it's amazing, so glad that i bought it on sale when i had the chance, sucks that Ubisoft removed it from Steam.

First, is The Surge worth picking up on sale? I've been on a Wolfenstein kick lately in preparation for TNC, 100% for TNO, just have the challenges in TOB, but I'm in the mood for something Souls-y again. I tried LOTF, but put it down pretty quickly, hoping maybe they figured it out the second time around...

And I'm looking to get my hands on a cheap Shadow of War key from the Nvidia promo, but looking around, it sounds like you have to have one of the cards a 1080/ti to redeem it? Anybody know for sure, and how would it even do a check for that? I have a 970, could one spoof it if they actually have some sort of hardware validation? Nevermind, they do it through Experience now, that sucks.

Is Borderlands 1 worth getting or does 2 make it irrelevant?

No, Borderlands 1 is honestly the only good one, and this is coming from somebody who slogged through BL2 to get 100%, and I haven't even considered touching BL:TPS after managing to grab it for like $1.

And really, even the first is a drag if you don't have a co-op buddy.

Usually I ignoring collectibles stuff in open-world games, but yesterday i collected all 350 crystal shards in Agents of Mayhem. I'm also 2 missions away from completing it on 100%. Yeah, game is kinda repetitive, but game world is beautiful and every agent plays differently, so i loved to just wander around the city district and shoot stuff in the meantime. I also liked characters and dialogues between them, though i'm probably in minority, i see complaints about "cheesy dialogues" in almost every review.

Kudo

Slowly starting to heat up to that TEW2 hype, it's a dark game and with the option to hide UI confirmed it's going to look gorgeous on OLED.

Lain

From the .hack thread, looks like the preorder for the game is up on Bamco site (49,99€).
.HACK//G.U. LAST RECODE (site always puts me into the Italian store, so I'm linking that, I bet it will put people in the right region for them and they can look for the game themselves!)
Maybe it's old news though.

Arthea

From the .hack thread, looks like the preorder for the game is up on Bamco site (49,99€).
.HACK//G.U. LAST RECODE (site always puts me into the Italian store, so I'm linking that, I bet it will put people in the right region for them and they can look for the game themselves!)
Maybe it's old news though.

50€

emptywallet7top9.gif

better than Blue Reflection, but still can't afford, aww

Jadax

Can't wait for the upcoming sale. Hoping DOS2 has a discount (even if it's a little).

Van Helsing trilogy worth $1 right? Right...?

I had a lot of fun playing the standalone 1 & 2 games. I hear Final Cut combined them + added lots of new content in a very good package. So yep.

ferunnico

Neo Member
From the Humble Endless RPG Lands Bundle:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ferunnico, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Endless Legend (Classic Edition) -- MB-EF81BFE608E3B0A5 - Taken by Mike Bison. 11 entrants total.

t1507731209z1.png

Top Bottom