• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

Melting two mobile graphics cards is enough to make me tentative about overclocking a desktop GPU, much less a mobile one. There's not a laptop form-factor in existence that can dissipate heat well enough for even chronic use, much less overclocked.

Regarding voice-over actors, the only time I've really been disconcerted by one was when the actress that voiced Clementine from Walking Dead popped up as a random character in Puzzle Agent. It just seemed so out of place. Granted she did that part before Walking Dead, but hearing that voice come out of a 20-something blonde was just all wrong.

Phawx

Melting two mobile graphics cards is enough to make me tentative about overclocking a desktop GPU, much less a mobile one. There's not a laptop form-factor in existence that can dissipate heat well enough for even chronic use, much less overclocked.

I can understand if you personally would not want to overclock a GPU.

The case wasn't opened. I used a different thermal paste on the GPU and CPU then closed it all up.

At the time I played Titanfall, Street Fighter IV, Metro Last Light. But I always recorded my temps.

It's not a ludicrous idea to OC a GPU in a laptop. Also defending a company that prevents a user from controlling their own hardware is weird.

Nvidia saying that it's for the user's protection is bogus for many reasons.
They want to avoid hardware problems so they restrict users from doing it, how is that bogus? I don't see people complaining about not being able to OC every model of Intel CPU.

Holy moly! I read an review and seems like its gpu gets to 90 degrees under load. That's 10 degrees higher than 9mm thinner Acer Aspire V15.
Maybe 660m is just an awful GPU, I don't know.

Tizoc

For anyone thinking of getting a gaming laptop with Nvidia GPU:

qUZ8ODu.jpg

That might explain why I'm getting FPS dips in League of Legends, hope there's a work around for that...

Phawx

Maybe 660m is just an awful GPU, I don't know.

Nah, 660m is Kepler. My 670m was Fermi and I managed 25% OC with barely any extra heat.

I'd say it has way more to do with your HSF/paste.

They want to avoid hardware problems so they restrict users from doing it, how is that bogus? I don't see people complaining about not being able to OC every model of Intel CPU.

Mobile GPUs are designed to run at 100C. They have internal protections to shut down if heat gets out of control. Additionally, within the driver set they already have a safety limit with how much extra voltage you can put into it. They don't let you go nuts.

Any hope of Steam Controller talk? Seems like it's been a while

Valve said to a couple of sites a while ago GDC will be about Steam Machines front and center for them. That should naturally include the controller. Especially after one of their partners said it's supposedly finalized.

Pre-ordering will give you bunch of dlcs. Will there be more dlcs after release?

Yesh they said there will be a few weekly DLC releases.
After launch we’ll be releasing the remaining Agarest 2 DLC bundles once a week. As with the previous titles in the series, you can expect the bundled DLC to be considerably cheaper than it was when sold as individual items on PSN.

MUnited83

For you.
Pre-ordering will give you bunch of dlcs. Will there be more dlcs after release?

You could read a bit higher on the page :p. Preordering won't give you any dlcs. All dlcs included will be included with every purchase. It's not a preorder bonus. And yes, of course there will be more DLC for purchase. Is Agarest, after all :p

Cloud Saves are also supported as are Steam trading cards, backgrounds and icons while a wealth of DLC is included in the game completely free of charge with other packs available to purchase separately following release.

Anyone made a list of their Greatest Games of All Time?
Like a top 10 list of games or series that should preserved in case the apocalypse happens and is passed on to the next generation to savor and enjoy?
Or to be less exaggerating: Games they enjoyed really fucking much that they are among the best they've ever played throughout all gaming gens

Mine currently include
Sonic 2
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Metal Slug 1-3 (I'm cheating by lumping them together but I don't want them to take more spots =X)
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes
Shock Troopers (I should play 2 someday....)
Skyward Sword
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Perfect Dark 64 XBLA
KOTOR 2
Dark Souls PC
Mario Kart 8
Super Mario 64
Civilization V: Brave New World
Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II

Turfster

Daily Lichdom Battlemage 66% off
Weekend
  • Far Cry 4 33% off
  • Company of Heroes 2 75% off FREE WEEKEND
  • Total War Rome II 75% off FREE WEEKEND

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
It's two years I'm waiting for a 75% off on Valdis Story, and the game NEVER get even a 1% discount. I saw it in a community choice in X-Mas 2013 sale, then it disappeared. But we get same discounts on some stuff almost one time per month.

I have a receipt from when I gifted it to a friend in November of last year, it was $3.74. I'd say that's at least over 1% discount~!

Deques

It's two years I'm waiting for a 75% off on Valdis Story, and the game NEVER get even a 1% discount. I saw it in a community choice in X-Mas 2013 sale, then it disappeared. But we get same discounts on some stuff almost one time per month.

It had 75% once, 13 months ago. And it also had been in a humble bundle

Roundabout is apparently 50% off as a special deal (not weeklong). I own the game, but have yet to try it, but according to other people, it's a super fun game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/303430/

Thanks for the heads up!

This will be my first Steam purchase since the winter sale.

It's sad that part of me wants to keep waiting for 75%, but I think I should support the dev and go ahead and bite. I have $15 in card monies, after all.

Chariot

How would I go about updating the non-Steam ver.?
Here:
It will be updated on Humble and MangaGamer as well as Steam. While Steam will automatically update, you have to manually go download the new build from the other distribution services. Feel free to delete and replace your old game executable. You will not lose your save data.

Dr Dogg

Why are all my 'Recommended for you' games zombie games? Like 7 one after the other? Ohhhhh because I've been on a RE binge. There really are waay too many zombie based games.

Arthea

Why are all my 'Recommended for you' games zombie game? Like 7 one after the other? Ohhhhh because I've been on a RE binge. There really are waay too many zombie based games.

I keep repeating it as a broken record, nobody listens, there are made more and more every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom