• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

milena87

Anyone made a list of their Greatest Games of All Time?
Like a top 10 list of games or series that should preserved in case the apocalypse happens and is passed on to the next generation to savor and enjoy?
Or to be less exaggerating: Games they enjoyed really fucking much that they are among the best they've ever played throughout all gaming gens

Mine currently include
Sonic 2
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Metal Slug 1-3 (I'm cheating by lumping them together but I don't want them to take more spots =X)
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes
Shock Troopers (I should play 2 someday....)

Let's see...

The Witcher 1&2 (hopefully 3 as well)
KotOR 2 (KotOR might be counted as well, but 2>>>>>1)
Mass Effect 1
Planescape Torment
Dark Souls
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Grim Fandango
The Longest Journey
Monkey Island 1-3
Full Throttle

Yep, I love RPGs and I love P&C Adventure games. If it were up to me, newer generations would never experience anything else :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

SickBrick #2 -- MB-B8862DB33E9B9EC8 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Plazma Being -- MB-181946D07BCFA559 - Taken by Woody Invincible
SickBrick -- MB-703B0AA963E4FB7E - Taken by GaussTek
Plazma Being #2 -- MB-30ADF8B2B89B5E10 - Taken by nja

Let's see...

The Witcher 1&2 (hopefully 3 as well)
KotOR 2 (KotOR might be counted as well, but 2>>>>>1)
Mass Effect 1
Planescape Torment
Dark Souls
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Grim Fandango
The Longest Journey
Monkey Island 1-3
Full Throttle

Yep, I love RPGs and I love P&C Adventure games. If it were up to me, newer generations would never experience anything else :p

Mass Effect 1 is on the list and Mass Effect 2 isn't?

Respect.

Sini

Was no time to develop a better view and they just tried a quick solution?
Money's more likely reason for that one. They have financial issues due disappointing sales of GRID 2 and probably Autosport too and that's also affecting Dirt 4.

Zeknurn

This is what Swedes eat this time of year.
Fastlagsbulle, Swedish Cream Bun

sk_bild_stor_semlor_01.jpg

FTFY

Milamber

Don't look at IronGaf with an empty stomach, unless you are like me and into self-abuse.

Fuck it, I'm baking cookies today.

I just go to the local square market and pick up a baggie of cake pops made by some sweet old Granny.

And maybe some snickerdoodles.

And maybe some of that Banana bread/Nutella Donut.

Shit. I'm out! Going to go shopping.

The_Monk

Money's more likely reason for that one. They have financial issues due disappointing sales of GRID 2 and probably Autosport too and that's also affecting Dirt 4.

I have read about the issues they are facing and it's really sad. I do worry about the upcoming quality of Dirt 4 as well. I'm wishing the very best to the team.

I loved this game

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter -- MB-6F2954662E10A73A - Taken by Benedict. 52 entrants total.

t1423772316z1.png

Phawx

Well, why would anyone think of OCing mGPUs in the first place?

20-40% improvement with moderate voltage bumps and negligible extra heat.

My only experience was with a 670m recently. But it overclocks quite nicely and temps weren't a problem after repasting.

Edit: Alternatively there are people that bought 870m laptops and overclocked them past 780m benches. Which isn't bad for $1100~ laptops out the door.

Edit Edit: For anyone that would like to follow along, there is a thread on notebookreview.com: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/no-more-overclocking-on-nvidia-mobile-gpus.771169/

Khronico

Anyone made a list of their Greatest Games of All Time?
Like a top 10 list of games or series that should preserved in case the apocalypse happens and is passed on to the next generation to savor and enjoy?
Or to be less exaggerating: Games they enjoyed really fucking much that they are among the best they've ever played throughout all gaming gens

Mine currently include
Sonic 2
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Metal Slug 1-3 (I'm cheating by lumping them together but I don't want them to take more spots =X)
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes
Shock Troopers (I should play 2 someday....)

Fiiine

KOTOR2
Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl
Mount and Blade Warband/OG Mount and Blade
Fallout New Vegas
Ys Book 1&2/ Ys Chronicles (It counts as one game SHUT UP)
Age of Empires 2
Far Cry 2
Hitman Blood Money
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Metal Gear Solid 2

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series Bundlestars Bundle for $9.99:
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/stalker-complete-bundle/

Includes:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat

If any of you don't own this series yet you are DEAD to me. EVERYONE should play them.

Phawx

It's hot enough without being OC'd, seriously who would overclock a laptop GPU?
OCing hardware that mainly relied on one single tiny fan and a heat sink for cooling is madness.

Opening laptops and repasting isn't that big of a deal and will shave off a few degrees. In any event, I OC'd a 670m by 25% for over a year. Fan never kicked into high gear and temps never went over 75C which is practically chilly for a mobile GPU.

fallout

Hmm...

1. We ♥ Katamari
2. Shadow of the Colossus
3. Katamari Damacy
4. Shadow Hearts 2
5. Harvest Moon
6. Rune Factory
7. TES III: Morrowind
8. Mario Golf: Advance Tour
9. Mario Tennis - Power Tour
10. Persona 4
Mario Golf: Advance Tour is actually one of my favourite games, too. I don't know if it's in a Top 10, but holy shit did I play that a lot.

Khronico

you are good people

Well it IS the best RPG ever made so...

Right after I posted that list I started remember all the other games I adore like Smash Melee, Jedi Knight Series, Wing Commander, battlefront 1&2...

Edit: Crap, forgot Morrowind and Shadow of the Colossus! I'm a monster!

iosefe

i would pick half the games in the current bundle plus classics like Tetris, the Original Halo, and Monster Hunter

*oh shit, Morrowind

Opening laptops and repasting isn't that big of a deal and will shave off a few degrees. In any event, I OC'd a 670m by 25% for over a year. Fan never kicked into high gear and temps never went over 75C which is practically chilly for a mobile GPU.
You play with case opened and what did you play?

Sini

It's hot enough without being OC'd, seriously who would overclock a laptop GPU?
OCing hardware that mainly relied on one single tiny fan and a heat sink for cooling is madness.
I take that you have never actually seen GPU load temperatures of non ultrabook sized laptops that aren't by HP.
My single fan Asus N555SF with overclocked GPU goes barely over 70 degrees when running games.
And systems with bigger GPUs have always better cooling than that.

Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Dimitri2401:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dimitri2401, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Superfrog HD -- MB-04577511B22D6ACF - Taken by sensoft04. 2 entrants total.
Nosferatu The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-BCD57382BDA0DA79 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 1 entrants total.
Realm of the Haunting -- MB-8EE745FE24E39317
Worms Armageddon -- MB-81D90FBA70B4BA8C - Taken by Divius. 4 entrants total.
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-D44F033BDF8280BD
Racer 8 -- MB-3861B9F65B9DD9E0
Worms Pinball -- MB-720C1C0E30289635
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-FE803A26FCED8CEB
Ku -- MB-8AB06633B6301D2D - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
Shadowman -- MB-38A0D1739EC451B3 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Lifeless Planet -- MB-B597C5BC1F7C77DA - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
Z -- MB-511E7672D853228A
Worms Blast -- MB-62B9CBEB378DD560

t1423773156z1.png

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I clicked on it, even though you gave fair warning.

Now there's no way I'm going to enjoy microwaving this lunch and eating it at my desk.

heh

I should overclock my mobile gpu. even in california heat, my laptop has never gotten past ~75 C during intensive gaming.

I take that you have never actually seen GPU load temperatures of non ultrabook sized laptops that aren't by HP.
My single fan Asus N555SF with overclocked GPU goes barely over 70 degrees when running games.
And systems with bigger GPUs have always better cooling than that.
I owned a MSI GE60, and the sound and heat generated under load made me not want to overlock it.

Phawx

You play with case opened and what did you play?

The case wasn't opened. I used a different thermal paste on the GPU and CPU then closed it all up.

At the time I played Titanfall, Street Fighter IV, Metro Last Light. But I always recorded my temps.

It's not a ludicrous idea to OC a GPU in a laptop. Also defending a company that prevents a user from controlling their own hardware is weird.

Nvidia saying that it's for the user's protection is bogus for many reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom