• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Ok this is one with a light black outline. Note how much better it looks

gjqlzx.png

And here's Man Puncher's rainbow comic sans. Note how shitty fabulous it looks

also for some reason my internet is acting up on me

I wonder if I should call my isp

Wait. What?

Well it would be great if they did what they did with Duke3d Megaton Edition where they actually redid it to have xinput support and stuff. I never played the NOLF games but i have my PC hooked up to my TV and in Big Picture mode all day so KB&M isn't something i really want out of, well, any game.

Of course if Valve would just release their damn steam controller this would all be a moot point but they're surprising taking their sweet time with the thing.

Turfster

Bah, missed a KR0 giveaway.

Groupees BiaB3 mystery game is Covert Action

MacGameStore's got Might & Magic X Legacy Deluxe 75% off again

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
lol alright. At what point do you talk about that?

About the 34 minute mark and Night Dive did also give us some exclusive bits of news that are worth hightlighting. They are planning on bring indie game Spirits of Xanadu to the service. Cult adventure game Noctopolis is re-released with getting remastered music ad widescreen support. Powerslave/Exhumed is being worked on and the big shocker is the Saturn version is being planned to be included in the package.

The Long Dark just got a 435 MB update.

We've just hotfixed The Long Dark to v.196.

Changelist below!

Note: This update will not interfere with current Game Saves.

THE LONG DARK SANDBOX -- v.196 HOTFIX

* EXPERIMENTAL: Reduced rate of Wolf respawns in Coastal Highway, without reducing the actual current Wolf population. This means that it will take longer for the population to replenish after individual Wolves have been killed. *THIS DOES NOT AFFECT POPULATION DENSITY OUTSIDE OF PLAYER ACTIONS. (I.e. if the player does not interact with the Wolf population, it will remain static.)* If we find this population balance feels better, we may roll it out to the other regions and other types of wildlife.
* Memory optimizations around UI and specific textures which should improve general performance without compromising visual quality.
* Fixed crash that could occur when throwing a burning torch at wildlife
* Updated the Cat Tails to now be Harvestable.
* Added Harvestable plants to Mystery Lake and Coastal Highway. They are now available in all regions.
* Updated sorting on Firestarting and Feed Fire interfaces so Torches aren't first in the list. This should help players avoid accidentally using up valuable Torches.
* Updated Rifle fire audio.
* General localization fixes in German and Russian.
* Fixed issue with First Aid interface not displaying correct amount of Old Man's Beard dressing currently in Inventory.
* Fixed layering of region selection icons on Main Menu (visual improvement).
* Made LMB/RMB not navigate inventory if they are bound to movement direction.
* Removed Debug HUD option.
* Misc art fixes.

### END OF CHANGELIST ###

inm8num2

Never pay for a game unless it's 75% off, hasn't been and is unlikely to be bundled, and you have enough Steam wallet from selling cards.

About the 34 minute mark and Night Dive did also give us some exclusive bits of news that are worth hightlighting. They are planning on bring indie game Spirits of Xanadu to the service. Cult adventure game Noctopolis is re-released with getting remastered music ad widescreen support. Powerslave/Exhumed is being worked on and the big shocker is the Saturn version is being planned to be included in the package.

Thanks, made the thread.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
http://i.imgur.com/xicr5zg.png

Worst 70p decision of my life

That game was like an awesome B-movie that stars your favorite actor. Hilariously bad, but worth experiencing for the right to heckle it properly and to see what the lowest point of your favorite actor's career really looks like first-hand.

I mean... what the hell was Troy Baker thinking?

That game was like an awesome B-movie that stars your favorite actor. Hilariously bad, but worth experiencing for the right to heckle it properly and to see what the lowest point of your favorite actor's career really looks like first-hand.

"We want you to voic....."

"I'll do it"

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Dr Dogg

What was I playing with Troy Baker in the other day? Ah that's it Resident Evil 6. Voicing Jake who's a cocky, rebellious, wise cracking sort... which is kind of Troy Baker's singular character. Yuri Lowell, Kanji Tatsumi, Alec Mason, Vincent Brooks, Snow Villiers, Robin, Two-Face and The Joker all the same bloody style of voice work. Even Booker DeWitt, Joel and Talion fit the mould with a bit more older, angry, shouty voice work thrown in.

Tizoc

Anyone made a list of their Greatest Games of All Time?
Like a top 10 list of games or series that should preserved in case the apocalypse happens and is passed on to the next generation to savor and enjoy?
Or to be less exaggerating: Games they enjoyed really fucking much that they are among the best they've ever played throughout all gaming gens

Mine currently include
Sonic 2
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Metal Slug 1-3 (I'm cheating by lumping them together but I don't want them to take more spots =X)
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes
Shock Troopers (I should play 2 someday....)

Deitus

What was I playing with Troy Baker in the other day? Ah that's it Resident Evil 6. Voicing Jake who's a cocky, rebellious, wise cracking sort... which is kind of Troy Baker's singular character. Yuri Lowell, Kanji Tatsumi, Alec Mason, Vincent Brooks, Snow Villiers, Robin, Two-Face and The Joker all the same bloody style of voice work. Even Booker DeWitt, Joel and Talion fit the mould with a bit more older, angry, shouty voice work thrown in.

I'm sorry, but there is no way that Kanji Tatsumi and Vincent Brooks are the same basic character archetype as Booker and Joel. I'll give you that Troy Baker for the longest time was the guy you hired to play a Nathan Drake character when you couldn't get Nolan North, and Booker and Joel are basically the same character. But you are way off including Kanji and Vincent on that list.

The_Monk

Hey my good GAFfers! I finally finished GRID Autosport. What a great ride.

pt3r8pd.png

After Grid 2, I felt there was a lot of good things to be made in the next instalment in the GRID series and I was happy to find out that many were improved. I have invested easily twice the time when comparing to GRID 2 and there was a reason for this. The multi-disciplined Events offer you a lot more variety and it's great for those who are a fan of mixing different race styles. From Endurance races to Tuner and Street you also have Touring Events and Open Wheel as well giving you different tastes of what's available in the racing words. For me all were great aside of any Drift events. It's nothing personal but I love to race in all sorts of classes but when it comes to win by points in a corner by making good use of your handbrake the racer fan in me feels a bit bored.

As you advance in all events you will get a chance of having better sponsors interested in you with more difficulty and challenging objectives to complete such beating a rival time, finish above 5th place, then 3rd place and so on.

There is a clear effort is making this game a pleasant experience for the racing fans but even after so many efforts there is still much to be done. Endurance races are great but it lacks some proper tuning and the duration of most of them are not really what I would call endurance since the bigger ones are around 12 minutes long. Qualifications are back and it's a great opportunity to set a time to start on a better position.

The audio is the best effort I've seen in the grid series. You really do not need any soundtrack or any other sound effect. You just need to remove all the hud in the game, increase the volume and you will have such a good time driving while pushing to the max to the next gear. There are also little things that did not go unnoticed. For instance, you can ask (with the D-pad) what is the current state of your car (gearbox, engine damage, etc) as well the position of your rival, team-mate and so on. If you are entering a tunnel and you ask for this info you can see there's a difference in the sound from the speaker since the signal may be weaker. These little things are always appreciated. One last thing regarding the sound: I loved GRID 2 main theme and it's a such a shame that I felt a downgrade regarding the tunes/themes in the menus (not to mention these menus are quite... bland).

Then there are the community feedback that Codemasters did or tried to achieve with things like the Cockpit view. For many racing fans this view not only is a must but it's also the only view they play their racing games. So, in order to keep fans happy Codemasters implemented this view but to be honest this was the most poor effort I've seen in adding something that is a big request in these games. First I thought that my eyes were deceiving me because I've played and seen many recent games with great looking cockpit views like Driveclub and Project Cars so it crossed my mind I was not being fair to GRID Autosport since this game was released some time ago. Then I just remembered. Games like Dirt 2 or Dirt 3 do have a cockpit view and they are quite nicely done, if you ask me. So what happened here? Was no time to develop a better view and they just tried a quick solution? For those who haven't seen it, go check it out. It's a dark, blurry mess with no details at all. Seriously. This was such a wasted opportunity and I can see why so many fans were upset with all this.

One thing I also liked was the Cups between the major events. This would be races without a team member and they had a great selection of either prototypes or older gems, something I'm fond of. But still, I wish I could have seen more of them.

In the end, I had great fun with Autosport. I played more than 50 hours, I did more than 400 races, leveled up every single category to level 10 or above and finished all the major events, all cups with many qualifications as well.

Side Curiosity: It is thanks to Ben Gouldstone, the Senior Game Designer of Driveclub that the racetrack from Algarve, in Portugal is a reality after he gave this feedback to the Codemasters team. It's great to see when companies are open to all sorts of feedback in order to bring more variety and content to their games.

-----------

Will leave this review also on Steam, right now when I click Post Review the button vanishes and nothing happens.

Dr Dogg

I'm sorry, but there is no way that Kanji Tatsumi and Vincent Brooks are the same basic character archetype as Booker and Joel. I'll give you that Troy Baker for the longest time was the guy you hired to play a Nathan Drake character when you couldn't get Nolan North, and Booker and Joel are the same basic character. But you are way off including Kanji and Vincent on that list.

I didn't say character type I said they way he voices them all is nigh on the same. There's isn't a lot of range to his voice acting but I expect to get jumped on for saying that :p

Milamber

Anyone made a list of their Greatest Games of All Time?
Like a top 10 list of games or series that should preserved in case the apocalypse happens and is passed on to the next generation to savor and enjoy?
Or to be less exaggerating: Games they enjoyed really fucking much that they are among the best they've ever played throughout all gaming gens

Mine currently include
Sonic 2
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Metal Slug 1-3 (I'm cheating by lumping them together but I don't want them to take more spots =X)
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes
Shock Troopers (I should play 2 someday....)

Hmm...

1. We ♥ Katamari
2. Shadow of the Colossus
3. Katamari Damacy
4. Shadow Hearts 2
5. Harvest Moon
6. Rune Factory
7. TES III: Morrowind
8. Mario Golf: Advance Tour
9. Mario Tennis - Power Tour
10. Persona 4

I'm sorry, but there is no way that Kanji Tatsumi and Vincent Brooks are the same basic character archetype as Booker and Joel. I'll give you that Troy Baker for the longest time was the guy you hired to play a Nathan Drake character when you couldn't get Nolan North, and Booker and Joel are basically the same character. But you are way off including Kanji and Vincent on that list.

Also Baker's Joker in Oranges was a damn near perfect imitation of Mark Hamill's classic joker. Hell, if I didn't know that it was troy beforehand i would've thought it was Hamill doing the joker again. It was damn good.

It was more noticeable in Blackgate but since no one played that game it'll be my secret to keep.

Deitus

I didn't say character type I said they way he voices them all is nigh on the same. There's isn't a lot of range to his voice acting but I expect to get jumped on for saying that :p

Well I'd say the way he voices Kanji at the very least is nothing like the way he voices Yuri or Snow for instance.

But you said "cocky, rebellious, wise cracking sort" was his singular character, and listed Kanji as one of your first examples, which makes absolutely no sense at all. Cocky and wise cracking is like the antithesis of Kanji (he is rebellious, but mainly to compensate for his lack of self-confidence). Vincent certainly isn't particularly cocky either, mostly just depressed and unambitious.

I'm not saying Troy Baker isn't constantly typecast, because he obviously is. It's just you used some really poor examples.

Milamber

"Tokyo School Life" is a Visual Novel game on Steam.
This is the story of your trip as an exchange student in Tokyo and the three girls you meet there.
Although you don't make the greatest first impression, you quickly settle into the kind of everyday life you've seen in anime and manga -- filled with laughs and tears.
By the time you have to head home two months from now, you might find that you've fallen for one of your new friends...
I hope Aoi-chan notices me.

dex3108

This is what Swedes eat this time of year.
Semla, Swedish Cream Bun

sk_bild_stor_semlor_01.jpg

OT: I hope the NOLF whatever it is, is PS Vita related. That's most logical way forward.

Fat Thursday is here, I repeat, Fat Thursday is here!
p&

paczki_blikle_1.jpg

Looking at those pics i realised how much my eating habits changed last year. I don't remember when was the last time i ate donuts, i bought Nutella two months ago and it still sits on shelf unopened, bag of Haribo gummy bears can last me for whole month etc. I reduced candy consumption significantly, i even reduced salt and sugar consumption. XD

Dr Dogg

Well I'd say the way he voices Kanji at the very least is nothing like the way he voices Yuri or Snow for instance.

But you said "cocky, rebellious, wise cracking sort" was his singular character, and listed Yuri and Kanji as your first examples, which makes absolutely no sense at all. Cocky and wise cracking is like the antithesis of Kanji (he is rebellious, but mainly to compensate for his lack of self-confidence). Vincent certainly isn't particularly cocky either, mostly just depressed and unambitious.

I'm not saying Troy Baker isn't constantly typecast, because he obviously is. It's just you used some really poor examples.

See you're focusing on the written character and script and not how Baker himself delivers his lines. If you want an example of an actor with proper range for a differing set of characters, christ even in the same work go look at Alec Guinness in Kind Hearts and Coronets or Peter Sellers in Strangelove. Each character they play has different voices, mannerisms, strains and even pronunciations miles ahead of anything Baker has done throughout his whole career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom