• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought that Lego bundle last night and It says the keys have no been generated, Woke up today and it still hasn't been generated. Am I just screwed?
What site?

Some bundle sites require your PayPal e-mail to be the same as the e-mail you used to register on the site.

There was some weird thing with FlyingBundle because of that. I actually had to log out and click the link in the e-mail to get working keys. Also, their site blocked me for a half-hour for too many refreshes. Needless to say, I never used them again. I did get the keys eventually though.

Ozium

image.php

you are saying that super meat boy has bad controls?

or

you are equating super meat boy's controls with yury's?

stahp

Umh, is anyone playing Dreadout? I think I've encountered a gamebreaking bug in the first two minutes of the game :l

pretty sure if this were common we'd have heard about it. you just seem to have bad luck with games. oh u mean act 2?

They ran out of keys, so yes.

Learn Spanish and call them.

wat

What site?

Some bundle sites require your PayPal e-mail to be the same as the e-mail you used to register on the site.

There was some weird thing with FlyingBundle because of that. I actually had to log out and click the link in the e-mail to get working keys. Also, their site blocked me for a half-hour for too many refreshes. Needless to say, I never used them again. I did get the keys eventually though.

It was Nuuvem

Happy Valventine's Day!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Heileen 1: Sail Away -- MB-77B1839F61BC804F - Taken by redlacs. 2 entrants total.
Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook -- MB-5B98750C506CEA73 - Taken by Akuosa. 1 entrants total.
Long Live The Queen -- MB-BFE0C6FDFF5DCE66 - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
Bionic Heart 2 - Deluxe Edition -- MB-487A1E7303D0BED2 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Heileen 2: The Hands Of Fate -- MB-4C624D08005374C1 - Taken by KainXVIII. 1 entrants total.
Flower Shop: Summer In Fairbrook -- MB-147BDB800B960DA9 - Taken by someguyinahat. 1 entrants total.
Bionic Heart -- MB-BC34CF8CB32F6C54 - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.
Nicole (otome version) - Deluxe Edition -- MB-AAED2F92FD882820 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 1 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-7EFF82EA2564387D - Taken by pupo. 1 entrants total.

t1423942904z1.png

So what's the scoop on this Dota 2 thing? Year Beast?

Yes.

Basically from what I got the biggest problem is it's part of the Unranked All Pick queue, and can be only played peridocally. When it's ready you have a 10 minute window to join. So, server's are fucked. Lot's of people can't join and when they do, they find an unfun, pay2win event.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Yes.

Basically from what I got the biggest problem is it's part of the Unranked All Pick queue, and can be only played peridocally. When it's ready you have a 10 minute window to join. So, server's are fucked. Lot's of people can't join and when they do, they find an unfun, pay2win event.

It takes over the Ranked and the Unranked queues. So during that time even if you don't want to play Year Beast you can't play anything else because the servers are dead.

The argument "Don't play it if you don't like it" doesn't really work because you can't play anything during that time.

madjoki

Nuuvem was working on an English version of its site a fair while back, but evidently those plans were shelved.

Well, it's good thing. If they'd officially sell to outside Brazil/SA they would've to do so at official prices and then it would be just yet another site and everyone would move to other Brazilian sellers.

Saty

Yes.

Valve better regroup and get its act together or Gabe Newell might find himself on the other line of a John Walker phone-interview in the near future.

FoneBone

Well, it's good thing. If they'd officially sell to outside Brazil/SA they would've to do so at official prices and then it would be just yet another site and everyone would move to other Brazilian sellers.

There's a certain bizarre logic to this stuff that I don't really get. I mean, it's not like the publishers that provide Nuuvem with region-free keys are unaware that non-Brazilians are buying them.

dex3108

Nuuvem was working on an English version of its site a fair while back, but evidently those plans were shelved.

They are doing same thing like Amazon. They are aware that people outside Brazil are purchasing games and they don't care. They even put instructions for Steam key redemption in english and region lock informations. They are doing everything they can to stay under the radar.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
There's a certain bizarre logic to this stuff that I don't really get. I mean, it's not like the publishers that provide Nuuvem with region-free keys are unaware that non-Brazilians are buying them.

but at least that's still one more hoop to jump through for people wanting to buy from them .... some might be turned off by the lack of English version of the site ....

Ozium

Groupees Be Mine Anniversary 2 is up:

$1
Bet on Soldier
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
Redshift/Blueshift (greenlight)

$4
Kill The Bad Guy
Machines at War 3
Crystal Catacombs
Clash of Puppets
Mystery Game

+5 bonuses (so far edna and harvey sdtk and another album)

All games are Steam keys (or greenlight)

MUnited83

For you.
Groupees Be Mine Anniversary 2 is up:

$1
Bet on Soldier
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
Redshift/Blueshift (greenlight)

$4
Kill The Bad Guy
Machines at War 3
Crystal Catacombs
Clash of Puppets
Mystery Game

+5 bonuses (so far edna and harvey sdtk and another album)

All games are Steam keys (or greenlight)
Goddamit. Once again, when I don't preorder is when the bundle is full of game I do not own.

GHound

but at least that's still one more hoop to jump through for people wanting to buy from them .... some might be turned off by the lack of English version of the site ....

Myself in particular, I'm unfortunately one of those people that like to read what they're agreeing to when they buy something through these sorts of things. That alongside the possibility that the keys could end up being region locked at any moment part way through a deal and I'd be out some monies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Since most of Nuuvem's products can be bought with an international billing address, it does officially sell to territories outside of Brazil. The site not being in English (well, for the most part) is immaterial.

1.5 hours later, Valve still hasn't updated the homepage to reflect the existence of a Valentine's Day sale.

How does this level of incompetence still manifest with every single sale? You'd think they'd get their shit together by now.

Kifimbo

Still had this one.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-4334116EBAFABE28 - Taken by Mr. Doop

Grief.exe

1.5 hours later, Valve still hasn't updated the homepage to reflect the existence of a Valentine's Day sale.

How does this level of incompetence still manifest with every single sale? You'd think they'd get their shit together by now.

It is Saturday and a holiday. The people who need to be aware of those issues are likely out of office.

Unfortunate for the developers who are relying on that revenue.

JakeD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JakeD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

kill the bad guy -- MB-2B6AC8B472DA515E - Taken by abracadaver
thats like three or four groupees pre-orders in a row i've been happy with

Grief.exe

The first comment is really pertinent advice for gaming in general. We can blame publishers for pushing out mediocre games, with broken mechanics, and exploitive DLC, but we really only have ourselves to blame.

Whether or not you actually GET your refund... I hope you've learned your lesson.
I'm not trying to personally call you out, but honestly, its people like you that cause valve to do things like this. People who literally pay for stuff before they even know what they're paying for. If everyone waited 1-3 days into the event to decide if it was worth their money, this event would be a total flop for Valve's wallet, and you can be damn sure they would get everything fixed quick. Instead, they put up a "buy here" sign and people flood them with thousands of dollars before anyone even knows what the event does.
We as a community owe it to ourselves to judge the quality of an event, and pay based on that. Instead, valve is realizing they can do the minimum amount possible and make the same amount of $$ just from people that blindly believe they will get something worth their money.
For the entire first day, there was a plethora of people who paid and didn't even get a working product... Why pay for that?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Valve do this for most non-major holiday sales. I don't really get why people expect anything different.

The little banner under "Specials" will have to do, though most people probably won't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom