• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigzgod

I don't think it is. When they put that warning it means the key itself is region locked, otherwise it's a matter of using a VPN to make the purchase.
The warning literally says that it can only be played in the Americas.

I just checked the db. There's no runtime lock. Only activation. You'll need a VPN to activate the game on steam but not to play it.

_hekk05

Banned
From Nexon Investor Presentation Q4 2014

evafke.png

Dirty Bomb's coming (region locked in SG lol)

Also check that Tree of Savior

And does this mean Ghost in the Shell Online is further delayed?

Momentary

Banned
I see the word kinect and I don't know man...

This basically means shit in countries where the kinect can't pick up more "unique" accents. Must we calibrate the kinect to recognise our facial expressions? Can kinect even function properly at a close distance, like on a desktop monitor?

If the kinect is fundamental to in-game experience, will players who don't have or can't feasibly make use of the kinect have an objectively worse experience? And if not, then what is the kinect functionality even doing?

The game is trying to go in a unique direction, and I respect that, but there are quite a lot of questions they need to answer before I even pick it up, let alone contribute to a kickstarter.

And that's why I linked the website. I should have just left that out of the post. You could read the website and it would have answered every question you just asked. The only thing it's being used for is facial recognition so that it knows what mood you are in. It's not vital to the game at all.

Oculus VR is the only thing I want in this game. I really want to play a character action game in VR.

From Nexon Investor Presentation Q4 2014

evafke.png

Dirty Bomb's coming (region locked in SG lol)

Also check that Tree of Savior

And does this mean Ghost in the Shell Online is further delayed?

I just can't get excited about anything from this company anymore.

_hekk05

Banned
And that's why I linked the website. I should have just left that out of the post. You could read the website and it would have answered every question you just asked. The only thing it's being used for is facial recognition so that it knows what mood you are in. It's not vital to the game at all.

Oculus VR is the only thing I want in this game. I really want to play a character action game in VR.

How would you even implement VR as well as kinect at the same time?

By watching the gamer's face, Pisces will understand a deeper version of you. And it's her response to these emotional queues that will make her more alive to the gamer. If you are to care for the character and story, you need to fall in love with her. She has to mean something to you. You, the gamer, has to want her. Want her to survive. Want her company. You need to miss her when she's not around. That will force you to remember her, and her story.

Maybe its just me, but this is senpai please notice me! territory. It sounds kind of creepy.

The way they describe the way the emotional AI is supposed to work makes it seem as if its a really important part of the game. How is it not vital?

Madn

ModBot sent me a PM saying i won a raffle while it had actually assigned the victory to another user. I didn't notice it so i tried to claim the key. Thankfully the correct winner had already taken it but it's strange that ModBot sent the PM to me even though i didn't win the raffle

Momentary

Banned
It's just their games that are interesting usually take forever to get here or never make it over here. Then people who try to suggest their games are like, "just get a Korean account with someones personal info and you're good bro."

Momentary

Banned
How would you even implement VR as well as kinect at the same time?

Well it would have to make due without eyes. Plus I'm sure Facebook realizes the typical consumer doesn't want a brick attached to their face, so I'm sure things will be streamlined for release.

Maybe its just me, but this is senpai please notice me! territory. It sounds kind of creepy.

The way they describe the way the emotional AI is supposed to work makes it seem as if its a really important part of the game. How is it not vital?

It's a stretch goal. It can't be that vital.

I would feel comfortable with them dropping Kinect entirely and just stick with VR.

Momentary

Banned
The emotional AI is a fundamental feature in the game. One of the stretch goals is to bring it to the bone, home of the kinect.

We'll see February 20th what the full presentation will be. I doubt that the game will require you to have a connect to be able to complete the thing. That's just one gimmick players will probably opt out of if it's optional for gameplay progression. To many moving parts is detrimental to the success of a game. Especially independently developed ones. Hopefully these people understand that and aren't tying game progression to a damn Kinect. Would seem like a dumb business move to do so and I highly doubt that they would do that.

_hekk05

Banned
We'll see February 20th what the full presentation will be. I doubt that the game will require you to have a connect to be able to complete the thing. That's just one gimmick players will probably opt out of if it's optional for gameplay progression. To many moving parts is detrimental to the success of a game. Especially independently developed ones. Hopefully these people understand that and aren't tying game progression to a damn Kinect. Would seem like a dumb business move to do so and I highly doubt that they would do that.

I don't think its going to be game progression, but the character is going to seem dead if you don't have a kinect, especially if they don't have at least rudimentary emotions tied to events.

Just got this
tawbrd.png

how.. suspicious

ooeuug.png

Momentary

Banned
I don't think its going to be game progression, but the character is going to seem dead if you don't have a kinect, especially if they don't have at least rudimentary emotions tied to events.

Until yesterday I didn't even know that Windows had a Kinect. But as I stated before, hopefully it's a gimmicky option that adds more to the game rather than take away from it.

Bigby

Just got this
tawbrd.png

how.. suspicious

ooeuug.png

Heh, I got the same guy. I guess he's adding random people in Neogaf group.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot sent me a PM saying i won a raffle while it had actually assigned the victory to another user. I didn't notice it so i tried to claim the key. Thankfully the correct winner had already taken it but it's strange that ModBot sent the PM to me even though i didn't win the raffle

Was it one of those weird cases where someone nuke a raffle mid-raffle and ModBot assigns a winner to both the old raffle and the new raffle at the end? If it's one of those cases I'm not too worried because there's some level of user error at least ;) Or was it actually a case where ModBot drew two winners? I can't investigate today unfortunately, I'm pretty busy, but sorry for the inconvenience.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Heh, I got the same guy. I guess he's adding random people in Neogaf group.

All someone has to do is tell me their GAF user name and hey, we're cool on Steam.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Any Lvl 0 private accs that try and add me are ignored immediately, unless I know them personally or had correspondence elsewhere.

People just don't know how truly easy it is to hack somebody's Steam acc, as well as by proxy being able to hack all the people on that person's friendlist. Steam's community backend security is a joke. Be careful.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When I was trying to diagnose my blue screen issues I yanked out 8gb of RAM leaving me with 8gb (turns out my issue was Gigabyte still having that old issue with all DIMM slot occupied that causes system instability) and even with a few browser tabs open Wolfenstein, Thief and Watch Dogs would all bring up the low memory dialogue box. With more and more titles using 64bit processes now you have to be either resourceful with your running services or have nothing running while playing some games on 8gb of memory.

Now that I've read this I'll encounter the same issue. Thanks. :( I actually couldn't find a 2x2GB DDR3-1600 1.5v kit that was <$50 (in fact I had to search eBay to find any 2x2GB kits at all), however I did find a 1.6v kit for $49 delivered, so I just adjusted the voltage and timings on my existing G.Skill kit to match (1.5v -> 1.6v and 9-9-9-24 -> 9-9-9-28). In theory I shouldn't have any issues whatsoever.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Apparently the first Evil Within DLC, The Assignment, has a high chance of releasing on Tuesday. 10 Achievements were just added to the game, update on Steam seems like it'll be 8 GB big, looks like its going live at least currently scheduled for Tuesday. However, Tuesday is not official, just a small drop and a scheduling thing, they could very well push it back, but it does look like the first DLC is nearly done.

Yeah that's on me, as I explained in this post.

I asked in the thread before doing it and was told I can nuke the keys but what caused the problem was the Autorepost rule in the original raffle, so even though I didn't post it twice, Modbot did. I'm sorry about that :(

JaseC

Any Lvl 0 private accs that try and add me are ignored immediately, unless I know them personally or had correspondence elsewhere.

Ditto, however I'm also a little more particular these days when it comes to accepting friend requests from people with whom I have friends in common. Unless they're GAFers or somebody I know in real life, I generally won't accept the friend request unless the count is rather high. I really need to get back to card idling so I can throw some cash towards increasing my friends list limit.

JaseC

Jase will be disappointed.

Marion Cotillard is joining Assassin's Creed Move cast. There is still chance we will see Saoirse Jese XD

Haha, the thought of her being in the film didn't even come to mind until I read your post.

Anyone else notice that "Assassin's Creed Unity" is misspelled in Steam? That's not a comma.

Yeah, AssCreed 3 and Black Flag were the same, but Ubi eventually took notice.

L.O.R.D

just finished Gunman Clive 2
took me 1:57 hour
its short game , but it was good
it $3 on the 3DS eshop and they gonna release it on steam soon
but i got to say , there not big difference between the first game and this
maybe its just me
but for a $2-$3 its good price

i just hate there is no sound effect i the game
it just the music of the level repeating over and over and over
and when you die , they put you back in the beginning of the level you died at , and the music keep going without rest

i liked this OST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSK4SIizgD4

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d004_eWqdgo

the 4th character are really fun to play with

Man, some of those HuniePop achievements are ri-goddamn-diculous. If you're an achievement whore, avoid this game unless you're a puzzle master and/or play on easy mode.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The Evil Within DLC achievements refer to Chapter 1 and 2 and if they are the same average length as the main games chapters, I bet it'll take ~2-3 hours. Not shabby, but I'm still waiting for the Season Pass to go on a decent sale.

titch

For your own sanity stay away from yury.

Horrible controls

One hit your gonna die soon mechanic

Oh did i mention horrible controls

Tizoc

just finished Gunman Clive 2
took me 1:57 hour
its short game , but it was good
it $3 on the 3DS eshop and they gonna release it on steam soon
but i got to say , there not big difference between the first game and this
maybe its just me
but for a $2-$3 its good price

i just hate there is no sound effect i the game
it just the music of the level repeating over and over and over
and when you die , they put you back in the beginning of the level you died at , and the music keep going without rest

i liked this OST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSK4SIizgD4

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d004_eWqdgo

the 4th character are really fun to play with

Each character having their own playstyle kinda makes it feel different :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom