• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

Got an email form Steam Support: Query account by CD-key

What does it mean?
Is that the one that gets sent if someone tries a key that you've already redeemed, and they click the option to send an email? If you've grabbed a key that was public, like one of those lists, it can happen from those. It's nothing to worry about if so.

Edit: Beaten, serves me right for reading from the top of the page and not refreshing once I got to the bottom. :p

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
End of an Era for me: Philippine Ragnarok Online to close on March 31, 2015

Man I still have vivid memories of this game. Selling zeny for RL cash, creating hats, wings and stuff, and getting Asura's Strike for the first time. I think I'll visit my characters just for the nostalgia kicks later. Although now the publisher is urging me to register for PSO2.

Surprised that's even lasted this long. I have quite some memories of RO from way back in the day, including playing on a desktop that was stuck on an integrated graphics chipset.

At least you guys have PSO2 to go to. :c

Madn

Was it one of those weird cases where someone nuke a raffle mid-raffle and ModBot assigns a winner to both the old raffle and the new raffle at the end? If it's one of those cases I'm not too worried because there's some level of user error at least ;) Or was it actually a case where ModBot drew two winners? I can't investigate today unfortunately, I'm pretty busy, but sorry for the inconvenience.

Yeah that's on me, as I explained in this post.

I asked in the thread before doing it and was told I can nuke the keys but what caused the problem was the Autorepost rule in the original raffle, so even though I didn't post it twice, Modbot did. I'm sorry about that :(

Sorry, I didn't see your post.
The mistery is solved!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Yeah Nuuvem knows it's benefitting from the not just South America. So better to keep things the way they are.

agreed ... plus - I bet they're making a WHOLE LOT more money nowadays after "The Gabening" last year

So, in a case like nuuven's RE Rev2, isn't it against TOS to activate via vpn? I've never done that before so I'm not sure, I want to get it there, that price is crazy.

maybe this is a stupid question can you downsample while running a game in boarderless fullscreen?

i want to eliminate screen tearing without using vsync in fullscreen mode.

should i be using GeDoSaTo instead of the DSR from Nvidia?

My abdomen hurts aches a lot from coughing so much. Must get better soon so I can taste food, lol.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cinders -- MB-DC64C0091A0C8786 - Taken by Blu(e). 13 entrants total.
Megabyte Punch -- MB-B52BA706D0A2D6B2 - Taken by Haunted. 7 entrants total.

Last Inua -- MB-75F160D6D4F848F1 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 13 entrants total.
Terra Incognita: The Descendant -- MB-E31DB4A74CBF08FF - Taken by darkchewie. 6 entrants total.

t1423961204z1.png

fantomena

My Total War: Attila video is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFp730gSPJ0

Fun and enjoyable game, but I feel like the people who will enjoy it most are the big fans of the Total War games.

It did not run very well on my computer for some reason. I ran Rome 2 maxed out and stable at 60 FPS, Attila couldn't run stable at medium at 60 FPS and at maxed out it still looked worse than Rome 2. Might be something wrong somewhere, but don't know what.

All that said, the game is great regardless. There is a shitload of content and lots of modes.

Deques

Can someone tell me if it's a bug where the Steam library shows non played games in recent played view? I see that some of the games are recently purchased games but never been played

An-Det

Finished up Alan Wake and the dlc episodes (inspired to play it since I've been watching Twin Peaks), glad I managed to stick it out. I played it originally on 360 at launch but for some reason stopped near the start of episode 3. Aside from some pretty obscene popup (maybe I missed a setting?) the game looked fantastic maxed out and played solid after switching the controls (default abstracts the 3rd-person camera from the flashlight, alternate makes it more of a traditional TPS). Really cool story (I loved the presentation and, while at times cheesy, it worked for me) and solid enough gameplay, but plenty of pacing issues in the main game, notably with the repetitious treks through the forest. I was a bit burned out when done but was pleased to see the dlc episodes were shorter and married the gameplay and story a bit more (using the flashlight to destroy the words and create things was a great change, especially when they
turned that on it's head in the minefield
in The Writer). The Writer also had the best sequence in the game (near the end, where you
use the flashlight to explode the rocks so the lighthouse light can destroy the Taken
), so for me it ended on a high note.

I'm hoping Remedy can get the funding to make a full sequel after Quantum Break is done, I want to see what they do next in the story and the light-based gameplay would look amazing using the newer hardware.

Jawmuncher

Doesn't matter, still has the braindead AI companion bullshit and crappy layout that made me ragequit after like the first levelcorridor.

I forgot your horrible opinion of RE5.
Since I recall you didn't even beat the first level. It's ok though I still love you.

Glad to see the Gold Edition coming to PC I'll be all over that and will get all the steam a achievements.....but I hope the MP achievements aren't there. Oh man did that shit on PS3 and 360. Took ages off my life. I actually had a 360 farm of 4 friends 360 and 4 copies of the game to get the team achievements. Took a whole day.

Sendou

Damn good feeling when you manage to "cheat the game" in Talos Principle. One trick involving getting out of bounds of the normal puzzle area actual solved two different rooms! I'm not sure if it was completely unintentional but I just love stuff like this in games. Reminds me of the feeling I got when I discovered a pretty intense leveling trick in one of the Harry Potter GBC RPG's on my own. In any case Talos Principle is not like other puzzle games on Steam and I hope everyone checks it out at the latest when a nice sale comes around.

Jawmuncher

Nice, I hope there will be a free upgrade for those who already have the game.

...right Capcom?

Nah it won't be free. I already accepted that.
Betting on like a 10 or 5 dollar upgrade. It was very reasonably priced on consoles if I recall. It was a lot of content that was cheaper and more worthwhile than what we see in season passes today with their bloated prices.

Turfster

I forgot your horrible opinion of RE5.
Since I recall you didn't even beat the first level. It's ok though I still love you.
I did.
I got through the "stay in this stupid section for half an hour" crap, and then I was done.

Disclaimer: I played it on the PS3, but still. It's doodoo =p

MUnited83

For you.
Nah it won't be free. I already accepted that.
Betting on like a 10 or 5 dollar upgrade. It was very reasonably priced on consoles if I recall. It was a lot of content that was cheaper and more worthwhile than what we see in season passes today with their bloated prices.

I think they will just turn the regular version to Gold with the steamworks patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom