• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

I also found it funny that so many people on SteamGAF trash talks about a game that isn't on PC.

I think we're more trash talking about the hype/anti-hype surrounding the game. Which I still may pick up tomorrow if I find a good price.

And while OT: Neill Blomkamp to develop a new “Alien” movie

You remember Not A Hero, right? Roll7 (OlliOlii) and Devolver is bringing it to Steam on May 7th.

No I don't. But my wishlist will from now 'til day 1.

Chariot

ya, I'm at 10 too, but I had a head start with some games started a year or even more years ago and finished this year. I have more of those, but without... I'm not sure I could make it, even with, it still can prove too much.
There are surely some short games to fill gaps. Did you think about the Order?

Officially at 0. At chapter 4 on disgaea 4, stage 1-8 on aqua kitty, stage 2 on resogun, halfway through dying light, restarted divinity os since I'm a scrub, spent 8 hours on character creation for wasteland 2.
You play way too long games. Get some cinematic ones.

Sölf;152730740 said:
He, I still have only 2. To much anime and TV shows and not enough time for games. D:
The trick is to do both. Like watching Gintama while grinding in Nep Nep :p

Is Chariot your Padawan?
derExperte is my spirit animal.

As supposed to what...?
?

Tizoc

out of order, suddenly Ys games got released on gog!
I had to, sorry (><)

*Spits drink*
FUCK YEAH!
GO DRM-FREE PC GAMERS!
GO!
EXPERIENCE THE GREATNESS THAT IS YS!
DISCOVER WHAT FEELING LIKE A BADASS IS REALLY LIKE!

Quick someone make a thred about the games being on gog!

If you played RE5 as a sort of weird loot game like i did then it was absolutely a terrific game. Kinda did the same with Dead Space 1, too. Just keep replaying missions in RE5 till i got the highest rank, unlocked some goofy 3d models of characters, and then got some sweet gun upgrades. Ended up getting a platinum on it for the PS3, goddamn did i have a good time with it.

Was it real different in both tone and gameplay than RE4? Sure! Did that make it less of an enjoyable game for me? hell naw, it's a terrific game.

Also, really hoping that the Gold DLC ends up being accessible without needed a cleared save file. I never played it and don't wish to redo that whole campaign again just to see what the fuss is all about.

Milamber

Not sure how to feel about that.

Here...

3b8tzsV.gif

Knurek

So, Humble has been smoking hot for at least a few bundles, anyone wants to bet whether the today's weekly will continue to be awesome?

Please be Escape Goat 2 in $1 tier

got max payne 3 the other day , very good third person shooter but it doesnt feel like a max payne game to me i dont know why
It's too "gritty realistic" Rockstar style writing. It doesn't have the black humor and irreverence of the previous games. It also lacks the remedy touch of narrative within narrative TV dramas, or style of story presentation.

Edit: Or maybe I am wrong, probably wrong as Rockstar does humor as well. It's just a different style from Remedy.

Tizoc

So, Humble has been smoking hot for at least a few bundles, anyone wants to bet whether the today's weekly will continue to be awesome?

Speaking of which, I want that game to be a PS Plus freebie soon lol.

Sch1sm

Wasn't it like $10 on the last ___ Games Done Quick bundle? ):

milena87

Not sure how to feel about this. I'd love to see another great Alien movie and I hope Neill Blomkamp delivers, but he hasn't amazed me yet.

Still, I really doubt that they could do a worse job than Prometheus. I can't believe they kept the links to the Alien franchise, it might have been a decent movie without them.

Personal Alien ranking: Alien >> Aliens >>>>> Resurrection > Alien 3 > Prometheus.

I'll have to start Isolation sooner or later...

Miguel81

Not sure how to feel about this. I'd love to see another great Alien movie and I hope Neill Blomkamp delivers, but he hasn't amazed me yet.

Still, I really doubt that they could do a worse job than Prometheus. I can't believe they kept the links to the Alien franchise, it might have been a decent movie without them.

Personal Alien ranking: Alien >> Aliens >>>>> Resurrection > Alien 3 > Prometheus.

You're in for a treat. Iso is a great survival horror with a visual style resembling the original film. I'd place 3 over Resurrection in the series, but it is extremely bleak. Not exactly easy to rewatch on my end.

Prometheus is bad, but it aint Ressurrection or original cut of A3 bad. Those 2 movies are some tough turds to sit through.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
We all had to buy Bayonetta 2 or get banned and I'm pretty sure it's going to win SteamGAFs GOTY.

I'm actually liking how reviewers are handling this gen. Not every AAA game can get a 9. Funny how that is what many people complained about last gen then in The Order thread some of the same people, I won't name names, complain this gen isn't any good because games are scoring lower overall.

Lomax

some people already finished 20 games this year, that 52 games a year thread is not good for confidence, not good at all!
(&#45576;_&#45576;)

how you can not know? (><)
You never check what cheevos you got or have left even after finishing a game?

My completed games is heavily padded by short bundle trash, I've found I can tolerate almost anything if I know I'll beat it in an hour or two. And some of the stuff has actually been entertaining. It's actually padded my perfect game completion a bit as well.

Coin Crypt is currently at least $1 on Indiegamestand, by far the cheapest it's ever been. You also get a copy of Perfection if you beat the average, $1.32 atm.

Might be a last ditch sale pre-bundle time though!

Yeah, I pretty much stopped buying stuff from IGS because almost everything I did has ended up heavily bundled. Coin Crypt looks good enough though that I might go ahead and spend the dollar.

milena87

You're in for a treat. Iso is a great survival horror with an aesthetic resembling the original film. I'd place 3 over Resurrection in the series, but it is extremely bleak. Not exactly easy to rewatch on my end.

It's the horror part that scares me. I can watch the scariest movies without any problem, but with videogames is a totally different matter. I got scared by the Hotel part in Vampire Bloodlines and even some parts of Alan Wake... but I'll try sooner or later! Isolation is certainly on my to-play list.

I prefer Resurrection because it was a struggle to watch Ripley so defenseless in certain scenes from Alien 3. Alien 3 has also one of the most disappointing opening ever.
Resurrection is weird and campy and it might have been awesome if Joss Whedon directed it, instead of only writing the script.

Prometheus is bad, but it aint Ressurrection or original cut of A3 bad. Those 2 movies are some tough turds to sit through.

I never watched the original cut from Alien 3, as I first watched that movie when I got the DVD collection years ago and I watched it again on Blu Ray last year, but always the Director's Cut.
And Resurrection entertains me. I see that it's badly directed. I see that the acting is bad, but yet, somehow, I could totally watch it again.

Prometheus instead is beautiful and sounds amazing, but I wouldn't watch it again. I watched it twice and I feel that the Alien links kept it from becoming a good movie on its own.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also any tips in building siege engines in Besieged? I keep making big ones that fall apart even with braces.

There are two kinds of people - those who bought Bayonetta 2 and those who are terrible human beings who should be ejected into the cold vastness of space.
I bought Bayonetta 2 and have played less than 10 minutes of it because I keep buying games. I am sick ;-; I did beat the Wonderful 101 though so I'm partially redeemed.

Hoping to dive into Attila this weekend, have 4 days off! Which actually sucks because the oil "crisis" has killed my hours(from 65 to 40) but oh well, such is life.

AsfaeksBR

I know this is totally off-topic, but since SteamGAF really likes Nintendo (at least that what it looked like last year):

- Which do you guys prefer: 3DS or the WiiU?

_____

Since now it's the Year of Goat, which games could go up on Humble Bundle today?
Escape Goat, Escape Goat 2, Goat Simulator... what else?

Is there a way to do a fresh Windows re-install but somehow backup and restore my installed Steam games so I don't have to download them all over again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom