• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly the only thing I know about The Order is that I saw it once at the Sony E3 conference or something? I have no idea, if there wasn't all this talk lately I wouldn't even know it had come out lol.

Not hating, just isn't something I care about. Apparently it is a big deal! Is it an exclusive? That usually causes drama.

Now Bloodborne on the other hand... thats a PS4 game I'm looking forward too! :D

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Agarest: Generations of War 2
"Not only have they revamped the battle system, they have also added the ability to marry a catgirl. A strong contender for WOTY (Waifus of the Year)."

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE
"Solid Snake becomes a robot and meets an attractive anime lady with a lot of arms. Otacon turns into a robot dog, but in the end it has to be this way."

METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES
"Solid Snake attempts to rescue his waifu, even though she's a garbage-tier trash waifu."

I should follow this curator.

well i didn't know it was on early access and it was the most interesting at the moment from my list

so,
* claire
* knock-knock
* lifeless planet
* the novelist
* stranded
* year walk
* dreaming sarah
* a bird story
* maybe giving shadow warrior a second chance
* world end economica

let's continue...

Save Year Walk for the end of the year for theming and New Year's Eve achievement purposes.

Play Stranded since you can beat it under 30 minutes.
I thought it was kind of bad for a walking simulator, and I normally enjoy those.

milena87

Almost everyone outside of this thread has an incredibly strong opinion on The Order, and I'm just sitting here not caring one way or another.

Eh, I don't care either. It isn't a game I would be interested in even if I did own a PS4.

But the review thread is amusing. It's certainly helping me through the last 30 minutes at work.

-MD-

ass.jpg

Some art for the upcoming DLC, can't wait for this.

Mr. Doop

Eh, I don't care either. It isn't a game I would be interested in even if I did own a PS4.

But the review thread is amusing. It's certainly helping me through the last 30 minutes at work.

Oh yeah, the review thread is hilarious. It's the most enjoyment I'm going to be getting out of this game.

wilflare

I spent my The Order pre-order money on Akiba's Trip and DOA 5:LR instead.

Weekend saved.

they are on sale on PSN?!

---

honestly though. some of the critiques of The Order in the review thread should be highlighted in the usual AAA games we get every year

no respect for player movement - AssCreed perhaps :/

-puts on JaseC flame suit-

I think that The Order reviews speaks volumes of what PC gamers figured out years ago.
All we want is to have fun with games.
AAA console industry is on a nocive downward spiral of costs and marketing.

I think we might be on the verge of the B class games resurrection.

And I'm good with that.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
It is damn deliciously dark. Such is life in a psychic summer camp.

I lover her level btw. Dat music. Dat bouncy ball.

I wasn't expecting them to go there in such a happy looking level! She even heard
their dying screams
because she was psychic. :(

I hated her level because I spent an hour looking for the damn figments I was missing lol.

wilflare

I think that The Order reviews speaks volumes of what PC gamers figured out years ago.
All we want is to have fun with games.
AAA console industry is on a nocive downward spiral of costs and marketing.

I think we might be on the verge of the B class games resurrection.

And I'm good with that.

I miss the days of b class games. not everything needs to be AAA :/
-hugs imaginary PS2-

Mr. Doop

I wasn't expecting them to go there in such a happy looking level! She even heard
their dying screams
because she was psychic. :(

I hated her level because I spent an hour looking for the damn figments I was missing lol.

I hated going through the race like five times to get all of the figments. It's still a really great game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I spent my The Order pre-order money on Akiba's Trip and DOA 5:LR instead.

Weekend saved.

I, after years of buying nothing but Steam games, somewhat begrudgingly spent almost $90 on PS4 games today ($23.75 for Infamous: Second Son, $25 for Killzone: Shadow Fall and $39 for TLoU Remastered*). The bloke I bought Infamous from wants to refund my PayPal payment in favour of a bank deposit, though; I explained that I'd prefer to have the game around the time the PS4 itself arrives and PayPal places ridiculous temporary holds on refunds that can take up to a week to expire but allows free balance withdrawals to bank accounts, so hopefully he's accommodating, especially considering he didn't mention a preference for bank deposit over PayPal on the auction page.

* I realise I could have picked up a digital code for about half the price, but I prefer physical when it comes to consoles.

Ban Puncher

I, after years of buying nothing but Steam games, somewhat begrudgingly spent almost $90 on PS4 games today ($23.75 for Infamous: Second Son, $25 for Killzone: Shadow Fall and $39 for TLoU Remastered*). The bloke I bought Infamous from wants to refund my PayPal payment in favour of a bank deposit, though; I explained that I'd prefer to have the game around the time the PS4 itself arrives and PayPal places ridiculous temporary holds on refunds that can take up to a week to expire but allows free balance withdrawals to bank accounts, so hopefully he's accommodating, especially considering he didn't mention a preference for bank deposit over PayPal on the auction page.

* I realise I could have picked up a digital code for about half the price, but I prefer physical when it comes to consoles.

Sellers on eBay have to accept PayPal as payment regardless of what they would prefer. Tell him to bugger off.

I bought a heap of games today too. Akiba's Strip on PS4 for $40, Deus Ex and Tank! Tank! Tank! on Wii U for $10 a piece and a Neo Geo game that I paid Neo Geo prices for.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I hated going through the race like five times to get all of the figments. It's still a really great game.
I think I'm not much of a fan of the gameplay, you're just collecting things all the time. Figments are especially the worst, because they fade in and out and blend into the background too much. The camera also kind of sucks, it gives me a legit headache sometimes (like in the ball pits in Milla's party).

I like the story and characters though! Which is why I'm still playing it and enjoying it.

JaseC

Sellers on eBay have to accept PayPal as payment regardless of what they would prefer. Tell him to bugger off.

I'll see what his response is first. ;) If he'd mentioned a preference for bank deposit I would have just gone for a different copy.

Edit: Where is the Unity PC patch, Ubi. It's 6pm in your neck of the woods.

Mr. Doop

I think I'm not much of a fan of the gameplay, you're just collecting things all the time. Figments are especially the worst, because they fade in and out and blend into the background too much. The camera also kind of sucks, it gives me a legit headache sometimes (like in the ball pits in Milla's party).

I like the story and characters though! Which is why I'm still playing it and enjoying it.

That's understandable. I'm a huge 3D platformer fan so the game just really appealed to me. The story and characters are both really great as well.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Strangely I'm kind of the same way with my PS4 stuff, and buy physical copies of games when they're available. But for me, most of the time I can find a used copy of a game cheaper than the lowest digital price. For example I bought Far Cry 4 (because, let's be honest, Uplay sucks on PC but isn't half bad on consoles) for $23 used from Amazon with free 2 day shipping. This week there's a "sale" where the digital version is marked down from $60 to $36, meaning I still got it $13 cheaper than the digital sale price. My used copy even included an unused code for the packed-in DLC, which was nice.

And so far with most of the PS4 games I own that's been the case.

JaseC

Strangely I'm kind of the same way with my PS4 stuff, and buy physical copies of games when they're available. But for me, most of the time I can find a used copy of a game cheaper than the lowest digital price. For example I bought Far Cry 4 (because, let's be honest, Uplay sucks on PC but isn't half bad on consoles) for $23 used from Amazon with free 2 day shipping. This week there's a "sale" where the digital version is marked down from $60 to $36, meaning I still got it $13 cheaper than the digital sale price. My used copy even included an unused code for the packed-in DLC, which was nice.

And so far with most of the PS4 games I own that's been the case.

The PS4 version of Far Cry 4 is probably superior to its PC counterpart at this point, haha. It ran well(ish) on 2x 2GB 670s at first.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The PS4 version of Far Cry 4 is probably superior to its PC counterpart at this point, haha. It ran well(ish) on 2x 2GB 670s at first.

There were a few times while playing it (I finished it last night) that I thought "This would probably run better on PC*" due to a few slowdowns, some frame drops during action sequences, and some highly compressed videos.

* PC = one much better than mine, and apparently better than yours as well

to hear this from you and jshackles - i'm honestly surprised :O

I'm just a gamer. Though I prefer PC gaming, I have a growing and respectable PS4 collection.

JaseC

There were a few times while playing it (I finished it last night) that I thought "This would probably run better on PC*" due to a few slowdowns, some frame drops during action sequences, and some highly compressed videos.

* PC = one much better than mine, and apparently better than yours as well

It's probably a better experience now that I have 980, but I haven't loaded it up to try. Also, I received my 2x2GB DDR3-1600 sticks today, so I can now have AssCreed Unity and Waterfox open at the same time, haha (8GB -> 12GB). Even with everything closed, 8GB was still cutting it super close to the point that the game would very occasionally freeze for a brief moment.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
That's understandable. I'm a huge 3D platformer fan so the game just really appealed to me. The story and characters are both really great as well.
Well, I am too. Hell, I even loved Banjo Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64 back in the day. I think the difference between them is the level design. Psychonauts is pretty linear in its collecting (although sometimes there are branching paths, like in the Obstacle Course).

That and I don't believe I ever played BK or DK64 with the intent of 100%ing it. Maybe I'd enjoy Psychonauts more if I just rushed straight through to the ending, but then I guess it'd be apparent that the platforming is dull without that collection element.

Far Cry 4 ran really well on my single 970. At first it was a stuttering mess whenever I used the helicopter or a fast vehicle, but after a few patches everything works as it should.

Turfster

MacGameStore has Civ:Beyond Earth 50% off

Gunworld key available for Groupees Remute Does Time Really Exist
Steam and Metal key available for IR Debut 14
Fractured Soul key available for IR Turing
HassleHeart key available on IndieGameStand
Wooden Floor key available for DIG Super Bundle 14
Dreamscape key available for Groupees BM5 (have to mail the dev)
Yury key available for IR Mixer 4

r3n4ud

MacGameStore has Civ:Beyond Earth 50% off

Gunworld key available for Groupees Remute Does Time Really Exist
Steam and Metal key available for IR Debut 14
Fractured Soul key available for IR Turing
HassleHeart key available on IndieGameStand
Wooden Floor key available for DIG Super Bundle 14
Dreamscape key available for Groupees BM5 (have to mail the dev)
Yury key available for IR Mixer 4
HassleHeart looks like a pretty cool short game. Its quite cheap, but think I'll wait for a bundle.

The original Tomb Raider stands out like a sore thumb, haha.

I guess they needed a legacy game, but why pick that janky one? Does TR have controller support? I'm guessing no. edit: guess I could check the store. Doesn't seem like it. I think something like Legacy of Kain could have been a better choice or Max Payne or whatever other third person game.

Miguel81

I guess they needed a legacy game, but why pick that janky one? Does TR have controller support? I'm guessing no. edit: guess I could check the store. Doesn't seem like it. I think something like Legacy of Kain could have been a better choice or Max Payne or whatever other third person game.

Tomb Raider works with my DS4 controller, though the menu ring tends to spin like crazy at the beginning.

Backlogger

If its a console exclusive I prefer the physical copy. If its not an exclusive I just want what is the most affordable whether it be used or digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom