• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Save Year Walk for the end of the year for theming and New Year's Eve achievement purposes.

Play Stranded since you can beat it under 30 minutes.
I thought it was kind of bad for a walking simulator, and I normally enjoy those.
thanks for the info

not too interested in the achievement but the theming thing interests me

Chariot

You changed your avatar?! *bows head* Chariot was a good man...
I change my avatar quite often. I think I barely made two months with the Eska avatar. This also happens when you watch 150 episodes of Gintama and a movie within one week.

I could put something new on my shield. I would do something about the Order, but I am afraid I get hung on a streetlantern.

Nzyme32

Jase bought a PS4 :D

That shits crazy yo. I hear everything over there is super dramatic. Better than many TV shows. Sony in particular should know; they made Breaking Bad which was amazing, and Better Call Saul, which also seems pretty good so far!

Uuuuh this is releasing in 13 hours?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/345180/?snr=1_4_4__tab-Upcoming

You fight with a hammer!

Finally, I can re-enact that scene from OldBoy!

Awesome, now I have something to watch, and on Steam no less. Bring Steam Movies Gaben. Then bring Steam Popcorn Dispenser.

If you want to see bans.... Should also be a cautionary tale for us to really not overdo it with the off-topic stuff.
Especially
anime
, the worst kind. :O

Yikes! Hope SteamGAF can remain well for many a year.

Nvidia has backtracked and in the next driver will allow mobile GPUs to be overclocked again:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...king-with-347-09-347-25/post/4466443/#4466443

They didn't backtrack. They are initiating their dancing routine, except the people are leading now

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
If there's to be a console beta it'll be after the PC one. Patch certification times make it difficult to respond to player feedback in a timely manner, which isn't an issue on Steam and is less of an issue on consoles when you have a solid foundation.

The PC version is coming first, with early access and then release. The PS4 version is coming later. TI President John Gibson even said this in an interview he did ages ago :) The PC version is the lead, the PS4 version comes from that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sarzWkzwEME

Uraizen

Banned
XCOM: The Long War

Chariot got a second wind when he reincarnated as a woman

What an awful soldier.

I change my avatar quite often. I think I barely made two months with the Eska avatar. This also happens when you watch 150 episodes of Gintama and a movie within one week.

I could put something new on my shield. I would do something about the Order, but I am afraid I get hung on a streetlantern.

Eh, you could probably come up with something new in about six minutes tops. I'll miss Plutia.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Tell that to lash, not me. ;)

:p I was just lazy, picked one of the last KF2 responses.

The interview is worth listening to, as it talks about going from PC to PS4, PC folk being worried about the PS4 version affecting the PC version etc.

rtcn63

I'm one of those who watched the film without knowing that it utilized that particular trope. Made it better.

But yeah, they're marketing it as that, so it's hard to count it as a spoiler when they seem to consider it to be main hook.

ExoSoul

Banned
not really. the trailers made it quite apparent, plus the retitling to Live. Die. Repeat.
If you didn't know Edge of Tomorrow was a sci-fi Groundhog Day, then you've probably never heard of the movie anyway.
I chose not to watch the trailers or anything (basically media blackout) in case my gf decided she wanted us to watch it together.

Actually most "trailers" nowadays are spoiler compilations leaving only the filler to the film so I've stopped watching them almost altogether.

Chariot

My first idea was that:

g4SEskm.png

But The Order fans would whip me.

Eh, you could probably come up with something new in about six minutes tops. I'll miss Plutia.
I miss her too, but Elizabeth is nice too, isn't she?

i prefer to think of the situation as Edge of Tommorow. gaining more knowledge on each restart
That sounds actually way better.

From life yes - Chariot+ is just a clone so they say
I feel devalued.

C4rter

Leftover:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hero Siege -- MB-4F60C1028B577688 - Taken by The Reloader

ExoSoul

Banned
I just realised The Order has a lower MC than Asura's Wrath... How?
If this isn't an indication of unfairness in classification I don't know what is.

Turfster

Log in, "new item in inventory", think I'm finally getting another booster... 10% off frozen cortex coupon.
Not that that's a bad thing, but it's been so long since I got a booster...

iosefe

I chose not to watch the trailers or anything (basically media blackout) in case my gf decided she wanted us to watch it together.

Actually most "trailers" nowadays are spoiler compilations leaving only the filler to the film so I've stopped watching them almost altogether.
do forgive me then. i should have said Groundhog Day instead
My first idea was that:

g4SEskm.png

i like what you chose

(you lived)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
It's very early access. The game elements itself are pretty confusing, though fairly in-depth. You pretty much need a guide to make sense of it. It took my group a couple of rounds to figure out how each creature worked. Survivors have pretty much all of the odds stacked against them, which works on a fear level but not so well on a balance level.

I do think it's worth a few dollars easily for some goofy, incredibly janky hide-and-seek style gameplay. There's a few brilliant ideas within that I'd love to see the team iterate upon and polish up. The survivors have a sanity system which causes them to hallucinate and act erratically, giving away their position or trapping them in a room for a short period of time. The creature has a special voice channel which is location-based, and it has a filter applied over it to make the player's voice distorted and creepy. The atmosphere is perfect, barring some obviously very amateur-ish art assets. The different creatures each have their own playstyle which requires both the creature and the survivors to play differently depending. I think with the right amount of elbow grease, it could have the potential to be a fun multiplayer game even if the scares wear off after a few matches.

E1981A543ABFFC5AADDC7022E2AA0C856CBF4E89

Saying that, it's going to need a lot of work before it gets to that stage. User interface is pretty poorly designed, nothing is very well explained at all which is a huge hurdle for new players, stages are hilariously imbalanced and too frequently hide the one key survivors need in the worst possible spot imaginable which brings any progress to a screeching halt. And I honestly do not know how committed the dev team is to seeing Damned through at this point, since I only really started paying attention to it more recently. Perhaps someone else can chime in to give a more detailed history on the updates it has seen.

I don't disagree with a lot of the things, but actually the favors are not in tune with the monsters... I don't want to brag here, but I'm actually incredibly good at Damned, as both the monster the survivor, have played way too many horror games. XD; My friends give me slack because I'm known among us as the lone survivor, I know way too many things as a human I almost always win even if the only person alive on our team. I think playing more, you'll agree, or maybe I just understand the game too well. As a human it's best to use your flashlight as little as possible as it makes you more visible, each monster works differently and has a better best strategy against it, the Lurker can't become physical immediately after appearing and the music changes when he's physical, so just use music cues to know when he's around or not, also with the Lurker (and sometime Mary) you can hold a door closed so he'll be unable to get you. For the Phantom, just crouch around a lot and never use your flashlight, when you hear the music of him lurking close just go into a place the human player is very unlikely to look as they won't find you unless they're directly on-top of you. For Mary, she's slow, just listen again for music and keep your eyes open as there's a visual cue if she's near.

There's other things, but you just got to be tricky, and save your running stamina for when its important. Surprisingly a number of my friends find this game more fun than I thought they would so we play it every once in a while. XD; Some of my friends absolutely loathe it, but others will ask that we play it every now and then.

The most fun thing as the Monster is to mess with people. I usually don't kill straight away and will just do things like watch the humans through a window or stand directly behind them until they turn around, etc. I also have tips that are useful for playing as the Monsters.

ExoSoul

Banned
do forgive me then. i should have said Groundhog Day instead
It's fine, in this case the fault was with me for resisting widespread information.
I hope I get mind controlled and whipe out all my squaddies =<
Just kidding =P

Not very.
I just want my level to actually mean something! =p
If it makes you happy the last 3 I got were for trash tier games.

Nuuvem has a Lord of the Rings Mordor bundle for about 20 bucks, which includes:
  • Shadow of Mordor
  • War in the North
  • LEGO Hobbit
  • LEGO Lord of the Rings
  • Guardians of Middle Earth
as separate keys.

Extra discount: tbDq6QG9pKl8
Guys War in the North is a pretty solid and fun co-op game (even single player but then it's more of a personal preference)

Maniac

Banned
shocking news

so i also have a game of XCOM i could insert you guys into, except i'm playing the Long War mod, you are are pretty much guaranteed to die or at least get incapacitated.

any takers?

I would like to get chopped to pieces.

I'm a snipery kinda lad.

New strings appeared on the Translation server which suggests that SMS verification is coming to Steam soon:

"Sorry, we couldn't add that phone number to your account"
"Send SMS code again"

I wonder if Valve will finally add the authentication app that was hinted at last year?

iosefe

You using a custom name file or just manual edits?
just custom names, but i'm working to emulate avatars. for example, i did a good job with NingenJanai
It's fine, in this case the fault was with me for resisting widespread information.
I hope I get mind controlled and whipe out all my squaddies =<
Just kidding =P
please no...
I would like to get chopped to pieces.

I'm a snipery kinda lad.
Wolfenstein Maniac incoming.

Dusk Golem

In other news, Gas Guzzlers Extreme and Of Guards And Thieves are both amazingly fun multiplayer games, both on sale right as weekly sales.

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/243800/

Gas Guzzler's is a destruction-derby styled racing game, it features a number of racing, battle, and some mix of hybrid of those two, modes, along with a pretty big variety of racing tracks, arenas, weapons, cars, etc. The racing is pretty fun, can either go for pure racing or racing with items or guns and such, the car destruction is amusing, and all sorts of things from regular racing, elimination racing, team racing, etc. However, this game has amazingly fun battle modes, some over-the-top moments that come from ramming, shooting, using traps, and the like against each other, hectic fun. My favorite mode right now being Capture the Flag, basically imagine high-speed car chases of people ramming and destroying each other for a flag and that will pretty much describe it. It's on sale right now because some new DLC came out, Zombie DLC which adds a versus zombie modem, sounds fun but haven't tried it.

Has a demo if you want to try it on the Steam Store page, though admit not sure what the demo entails.

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/302590/

However, the real game I need to heavily recommend right now is Of Guards And Thieves. This has instantly rose to be really loved by myself and friends as a multiplayer game. Originally made as a Ludum Dare game (I actually played it back a few years ago), they've greatly expanded the concept, the game is just good ole dumb fun. In Early Access still (most notable area of this is the game doesn't have music yet, so suggest getting a playlist ready right now), it has a surprising amount of content. A lot of stages, a lot of modes, and a lot of them are really super fun. The basic mode has it where one team of players plays as guards, one as thieves, the guards try to protect the treasures of the level, but cannot see worth shit in the dark, but more heavily armed. The thieves have less offense, but can see in the dark, and must try and either sneak out with the good or sneak attack the guards. Lights can be turned on and off in stages, and it ends up being rather fun. But there are so many other modes, ranging from a Counter-Strike-styled mode, a Slender-inspired mode, a zombie mode where one team plays as zombies, laser tag modes, capture-the-flag, a really fun soccer mode where you play soccer but can shank each other, and a lot more and a lot more coming. It's just dumb fun, but it's REALLY fun with friends.

There's also a demo on the game's story page that let's you play a few of the maps and modes, worth trying to see if you like it or not, but this game has high recommendations from me if you have friends to play with, try the demo if uncertain though.

Vlad

If you didn't know Edge of Tomorrow was a sci-fi Groundhog Day, then you've probably never heard of the movie anyway.

To be fair, a lot of the commercials (back when it was in theaters, at least) didn't mention that aspect at all. It looked more like a generic "Tom Cruise vs aliens" movie.

Dusk Golem

Also throwing out there, not being able to buy a Four-Pack of a game you already own is one of the banes of my existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom