• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Just changed my Antivirus from Avast to Avira.
Avast had these annoying ads popping up constantly.

Anyone have good experience with Avira?

Avast has a Silent/Gaming mode that makes all those go away.

Although, it's various Shields will eat into performance if you don't turn them off while you play some games. Apparently it'll try to actively scan some game files while they're in use.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Windows Security Essentials of bust.

eK1C2p9.jpg

If you need more than that you have serious computer use issues.

^^ Haha yeah :p
Avast has a Silent/Gaming mode that makes all those go away.

Although, it's various Shields will eat into performance if you don't turn them off while you play some games. Apparently it'll try to actively scan some game files while they're in use.
Yep, resources were also a reason why I ditched it.

So far Avira is pretty "slim and light". Let's see how things turn out.

This, and I also use Malwarebytes for the occasional malware scan as well.
First time hearing of Malwarebytes. Gonna check it out. Thanks.

On another note. I don't know why but I thought Hitman GO from Humble would be PC. Since all other stuff are PC games I didn't even check if it came on PC -_-
But I find it kinda cool that they give you an APK file to download besides other means to get it on your phone. It's kinda like DRM-Free this way I guess?

Didn't even realise I already owned Shadow Puppeteer!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Shadow Puppeteer -- MB-C4A55617B381B1CE - Taken by redlacs
Pixel Puzzles: Japan -- MB-868971F7809DD9ED - Taken by Akuosa
ibb & obb -- MB-5E1C36E9EBD022EA - Taken by Accoun
Hero Siege -- MB-A0974A9A479738A2 - Taken by Tesseract

MUnited83

For you.
First time hearing of Malwarebytes. Gonna check it out. Thanks.

On another note. I don't know why but I thought Hitman GO from Humble would be PC. Since all other stuff are PC games I didn't even check if it came on PC -_-
But I find it kinda cool that they give you an APK file to download besides other means to get it on your phone. It's kinda like DRM-Free this way I guess?

It is DRM-free that way, yeah, and you can also play it on PC using a Android emulator.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
The first episode of Afterfall: Reconquest, formally in EA, has been made available:

If you haven't picked it up in a past bundle, it's currently 25% off.

(Click image for Store page)

did anyone else get their Zotrix key
I get a virus warning from Avast

LOL me too. So I've just gave up on getting a key.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
@Monoboe I can relate. Thesis have been taking my time lately. I haven't played a single damn game for a while. Atleast I'm near the end of sem and maybe after this I can play games for days.

wilflare

LOL me too. So I've just gave up on getting a key.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
@Monoboe I can relate. Thesis have been taking my time lately. I haven't played a single damn game for a while. Atleast I'm near the end of sem and maybe after this I can play games for days.

school :/

school :/

My mentality is just like this. No school = no good job. No good job = no games either from steam or psn. So yeah, just go through the hurdle to get the games you want. Unless you become the next steve jobs / bill gates and drop out to start a new company.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Steam release of that musuo + tales would make me extremely happy. I have to wait for the announcements so that I won't get disappointed.

Accoun

The first episode of Afterfall: Reconquest, formally in EA, has been made available:

It's getting good opinions? Neat. Wonder if the publisher stepped back a bit or it's just that they're making what they've planned (IIRC Afterfall was supposed to be a Fallout-like RPG in the beginning, but they have changed it because reasons. Don't remember if it some kind of publisher pressure or did they decide it was too big of a project for them themselves).

Turfster

Wait, OG Lost Planet is suddenly on sale? 80% off until the 23rd

Hassleheart key available for Groupees BAGB11 via Desura
Moon Sliver key available for IR Debut 14

Momentary

Banned
Games that would make me die of heart explosion if they were announced on Steam:

Xrd
BBCPE
Radiant Silvergun
Disgaea
P4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold
P5
UNIEL

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
Games that would make me die of heart explosion if they were announced on Steam:

Xrd
BBCPE
Radiant Silvergun
Disgaea
P5
UNIEL

I have a feeling well see Persona games down the line

Id really love to see square open up its back catalog more...chrono cross, xenogears,,,ff9. I doubt well see any game with characters not covered in belts though.

and the dragon quest games

Also suikoden games

oh also every exclusive jrpg released for consoles in the last ten years since i havnt owned a console since ps2 ( except nintendo)

Xrd
BBCPE
Radiant Silvergun
Disgaea
P5
UNIEL

my list would be :

Xrd
BBCPE
Radiant Silvergun
Guardian Heroes
Jackie Chan Stuntmaster
Pepsiman

Lomax

Weird, I bought Coin Crypt from IndieGameStand and activating the key didn't remove it from my wishlist. Did Valve manage to break that feature?

Uzzy

Xrd
BBCPE
Radiant Silvergun
Disgaea
P5
UNIEL

Yeah, it'd be fantastic to see the Arc System Works fighting games on Steam. But given the terrible effort they've put into porting their games over so far, I'm not exactly confident we'll see them arrive in any sort of timely manner.

I'd love to see the Atlus titles come over too. I'd double dip on Catherine in an instant, and obviously the Persona titles would get bought as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom